current 3G situation (mobile phones)...?

#1 Oct 24th, 2010, 17:01
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
Singapore
Posts:
452
  • mungbean is offline
#1
hi

I understand that the 3G licenses for mobile phones were only allocated in the past few months, and that providers are now starting to roll out their services.

Does anyone have any experiences with the services and coverage?

In particular I'd be interested to hear about Bangalore and whether any providers support "tethering" your iPhone to a laptop.

Thanks!
#2 Oct 24th, 2010, 17:20
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,817
  • Nick-H is offline
#2
BSNL are offering 3G services for mobiles, and also 3G modems for laptops.

Airtel have just announced their 3G offering.
#3 Jan 12th, 2011, 00:46
Join Date:
Dec 2009
Location:
Bangalore , India
Posts:
917
Send a message via Yahoo to Nomad_traveller
  • Nomad_traveller is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungbean View Post hi

I understand that the 3G licenses for mobile phones were only allocated in the past few months, and that providers are now starting to roll out their services.

Does anyone have any experiences with the services and coverage?

In particular I'd be interested to hear about Bangalore and whether any providers support "tethering" your iPhone to a laptop.

Thanks!
Tata Docomo
Airtel
Bsnl

dont expect exceptional speeds tough , the services are just beginning .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post BSNL are offering 3G services for mobiles, and also 3G modems for laptops.

Airtel have just announced their 3G offering.

BSNL 3G data card is a bit slow , i used one of my friends And am not impressed i must say .
My Blog

" True love means the fight has disappeared, the two have become one. Their bodies exist separately but their being has mingled. The boundaries are lost, there is no division. There is no ‘I’ and no ‘thou’, no one exists" - Osho
#4 Jan 12th, 2011, 10:44
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
Singapore
Posts:
452
  • mungbean is offline
#4
I saw someone using a Tata Photon dongle on their PC the other day and it was pretty fast.

Speed issues are more likely to be an issue once the number of users starts to rocket up though, isn't that the case?
#5 Jan 12th, 2011, 10:58
Join Date:
Dec 2010
Location:
bangalore
Posts:
537
  • kedarmad is offline
#5
one of my friend uses Tata DOCOMO net connect(3G data card) and it is pretty fast ... visit DOCOMO showroom near Forum mall for more details... they even give you free demo if I am not wrong...
#6 Jan 12th, 2011, 13:02
Join Date:
Dec 2009
Location:
Bangalore , India
Posts:
917
Send a message via Yahoo to Nomad_traveller
  • Nomad_traveller is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungbean View Post I saw someone using a Tata Photon dongle on their PC the other day and it was pretty fast.
Speed issues are more likely to be an issue once the number of users starts to rocket up though, isn't that the case?
Yes , also consider the distance from your location to the nearest tower . I have a BSNL EvDo Data card with 3.1 MBPS claimed speed , but actuallu it varies from 150 KBPS ~ 400 KBPS in city .
And in some areas i get a constant 500+ KBPS .


Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarmad View Post one of my friend uses Tata DOCOMO net connect(3G data card) and it is pretty fast ... visit DOCOMO showroom near Forum mall for more details... they even give you free demo if I am not wrong...
Good idea , try it before you buy it .
#7 Jan 12th, 2011, 13:11
Join Date:
Mar 2010
Location:
Mumbai
Posts:
101
  • Sabyasachi Bardoloi is offline
#7
RCOM too have launched 3G services late last month. Yet to check it's services of course. They have launched in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore...

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Current situation in Jammu Aug 16th, 2010 15:32 2 1526 Jammu & Kashmir
Current Situation in Srinagar... Feb 7th, 2010 18:04 8 3296 Jammu & Kashmir
Current tourist situation May 14th, 2002 17:06 3 3097 Crossing the Border


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success