Mughalsarai Varanasi buses?

#1 Dec 5th, 2014, 02:51
Join Date:
Dec 2014
Location:
chennai
Posts:
8
  • ramjiyagna is offline
#1
Will be reaching mughal sarai by MS-GAYA exp on dec31. Need info on whether accommodation can be made in Mughalsarai or Varanasi. I am reaching MSG junction can I book retiring or dormitories in BSB junction(only if am lucky to get one without bribing)? I heard varanasi is about 16km from Mughalsarai. Are buses available from MSG to BSB? Please help!! I will be in varanasi for a week, please help.
#2 Dec 5th, 2014, 20:27
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
India
Posts:
13,379
  • Prakaant is offline
#2
You may get online booking facility for BSB Retiring Room.

There are plenty of hotels also just opposite to Varanasi Railway Station.

Mughalsarai is treated as outskirt of Varanasi so you will get good connectivity between both the places.
#3 Dec 5th, 2014, 21:41
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Krypton
Posts:
437
  • g7771455 is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiyagna View Post Will be reaching mughal sarai by MS-GAYA exp on dec31. Need info on whether accommodation can be made in Mughalsarai or Varanasi. I am reaching MSG junction can I book retiring or dormitories in BSB junction(only if am lucky to get one without bribing)? I heard varanasi is about 16km from Mughalsarai. Are buses available from MSG to BSB? Please help!! I will be in varanasi for a week, please help.
varansi to mughalsarai connectivity: no problem.
lots of 4 wheels and bus comute in between the two.
you could even get something 2 at night.
generally autos cost around 30rs for one side. the buses will be cheaper. the only issue is them being crowded.
the connecting road condition is good now a days.

pollution is the issue. you need to pass through Chandasi (the coal mandi). phew !!!!
#4 Dec 14th, 2014, 22:47
Join Date:
Dec 2014
Location:
chennai
Posts:
8
  • ramjiyagna is offline
#4
Thanks for the reply guys..will note every bit of that.Any cheap places to stay? BTW I am planning to go to lakhaniya dari/siddhnath dari. May I know are there any bike rentals available for a day trip or buses which I can take to lakhaniya/siddhnath dari? which falls is preferred? Last time I was in varanasi was back in 2010 which was for a short period.
#5 Dec 15th, 2014, 12:28
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Krypton
Posts:
437
  • g7771455 is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiyagna View Post Thanks for the reply guys..will note every bit of that.Any cheap places to stay? BTW I am planning to go to lakhaniya dari/siddhnath dari. May I know are there any bike rentals available for a day trip or buses which I can take to lakhaniya/siddhnath dari? which falls is preferred? Last time I was in varanasi was back in 2010 which was for a short period.
there are two more natural waterfalls that you could include, Rajdari and Devdari, which are in Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary.

all these are doable in a single day but you need to hire your own taxi from Varanasi or MughalSarai. As far as I know no public transport is available and even if it exists, the availability would be highly doubtful as these areas are very remote.

I have been more or less regular to these places for last many years in monsoons but i have always been on my own. never seen public transport or may i just missed.
#6 Dec 15th, 2014, 12:39
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Krypton
Posts:
437
  • g7771455 is offline
#6

bike rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiyagna View Post Thanks for the reply guys..will note every bit of that.Any cheap places to stay? BTW I am planning to go to lakhaniya dari/siddhnath dari. May I know are there any bike rentals available for a day trip or buses which I can take to lakhaniya/siddhnath dari? which falls is preferred? Last time I was in varanasi was back in 2010 which was for a short period.
not very affirmative about it.....but you could try in Sigra, near IP mall. I have heard about few rentals there. may be you ask the hotel staff where you would stay.

but certainly would not suggest you to take bike to these falls because of there remoteness and in Eastern UP, the crime rate is quite high.

the safest is to hire a taxi.

and inside Varanasi use tempos, they go everywhere and if they cannot enter into some place then no other vehicle could, be it a bike. walking would be the only option like the route to reach old Vishwanath Temple.
#7 Dec 15th, 2014, 17:55
Join Date:
Dec 2014
Location:
chennai
Posts:
8
  • ramjiyagna is offline
#7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by g7771455 View Post not very affirmative about it.....but you could try in Sigra, near IP mall. I have heard about few rentals there. may be you ask the hotel staff where you would stay.

but certainly would not suggest you to take bike to these falls because of there remoteness and in Eastern UP, the crime rate is quite high.

the safest is to hire a taxi.

and inside Varanasi use tempos, they go everywhere and if they cannot enter into some place then no other vehicle could, be it a bike. walking would be the only option like the route to reach old Vishwanath Temple.
I would prefer tramp and walk rather bike inside city. Asked about bike rentals because am all alone,going on a taxi all alone is not fun. Anyways will look for other means. Any cheap places to stay or ashrams which is recommended for single person? I don't wanna spend much on stay, as I have to explore more places around eastern India. I
#8 Dec 15th, 2014, 18:19
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
India
Posts:
13,379
  • Prakaant is offline
#8
BTW, Varanasi is also not a place where a new person can drive a bike easily and conveniently.
#9 Dec 15th, 2014, 19:10
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Krypton
Posts:
437
  • g7771455 is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakaant View Post BTW, Varanasi is also not a place where a new person can drive a bike easily and conveniently.
isnt this the case with almost every place in India??? !!!

in India, you dont move along the road, you move along the people !!!!
#10 Dec 15th, 2014, 19:16
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Krypton
Posts:
437
  • g7771455 is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiyagna View Post I would prefer tramp and walk rather bike inside city. Asked about bike rentals because am all alone,going on a taxi all alone is not fun. Anyways will look for other means. Any cheap places to stay or ashrams which is recommended for single person? I don't wanna spend much on stay, as I have to explore more places around eastern India. I
no idea about the places to stay as I actually somehow belong to Varansi from my mother's side.

may be you could try wikitravel varanasi as they have listed many budget places to stay

good luck with your trip !!!

one more thing........rajdari and devdari are more magnificent than Siddnathdari and Lakhiyadari.....so if you have to choose, choose former.

you could also visit Sitamarhi temple http://sitasamahittemple.in/index.htm

here again the option is your own vehicle

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Train review from Mughalsarai to Goa Jul 26th, 2012 10:31 1 1939 Indian Railways
Private buses from Varanasi to Sunauli Dec 6th, 2011 22:07 2 8725 Crossing the Border
Varanasi to Mughalsarai at night - train or other transport? Nov 5th, 2011 10:55 5 8601 Indian Railways


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success