...leave haridwar early and same day you can trek to tungnath. and next day tu can moov to deoriataal...
Well as they say "Impossible is nothing" but the idea of treks for me to slowdown a bit and not to rush around too much and that is what I always suggest to people.
Planning for a trip to chopta and Tunganath..
Rough itinery would be as follows:
1) Reaching Haridwar evening (around diwali)
2) Leaving Next day for Chopta by pvt taxi..reach chopta in evening and camp
3) Next day Trek to tunganath..if possible to chandrashila..and back to chopta and camp
4) Next day Back to haridwar..
So in a nutshell..its a three day trip..is it feasible?..how is the trek to tunganath and then to chandrashila and back..is it possible in a day..
Also can i devariyatal too in the above plan without extending my number of days?
How is staying options at chopta and what is there to see at chopta?
just came back from Kedarnath- Chorabarital, Madmaheswar, Deoriatal,tunganath - Chandrashila :
A few information that i would like to share :
- the road between agastyamuni tilwara had a landslide,so be carefull and will take some time to travel.
- weather was too good at almost all the places except at chandrashila.it was cloudy.
- night stay is now possible at deoriatal. 2 men tent @ 500/- and they provide sleeping bag and foam mattress.
- rate for horses from chopta - tunganath on side is @ 250 /-
- tunganath temple will be closing at 14th november this year.
- Rudraprayag and guptakashi was too hot like chennai only.
- hotel Vishwanath is good at guptakashi and @ 300 /- for a double bed, you can see Choukhamba from your room itself.
- ramwara to kedar 7 km is steep uphill.
- to stay in Kedar,one can stay at marwad house,hospitable and charge @150 /- for a couple with attached toilet and 24 hours of water.
- if you go to Chorabarital/Vasukital ask for the guide called Pratap Singh(nice fellow).
- Charges for kedar-chorabarital is 200 /- distance 2.5 + 2.5 (one side)
- Charges for kedar-vasukital is 800 /- distance 8 + 8 km
- a lot of small lodges available at tunganath,best is Kali Kamli dharmashala.
- try to reach madmaheshwar in 3 days instead of 2. as Khardatal to Madmaheshwar is a good deal of uphill.
- don't miss buda Madmaheshwar if you want to see Choukhamba and Mandani
- Try to stay at Deoriatal on a full moon,as the view of Choukhamba is super natural.
- on a clear day you can see upto Banderpucch from Deoriatal
- don't ask the local people about the peaks as they will give you all wrong information.Try you instincts.
- please don't at Hotel akash ganga in rishikesh(opposite to GMVN jeep stand).we didn't get the minimum hosptability though we almost gave a holler.and paid @700 /- for a double.
- Chilla national park opens on 1st of Nov. this year. Don't get trapped by the auto/taxi drivers. They know this fact but still they will try to take you there. we paid 850 /- for a taxi and got trapped. as the gate was closed for us.
- ganga aarti in h'dwar is not happening as the have closed the water to flow in (for Kumbh Mela 2010)
--- thorugh the trip,everywhere CellOne connection is available including Kedar,Tunganath and M'maheshwar.at kedar airtel is there and Reliance CDMA not GSM.
---- overall it was a good experience.
All the best,
Good to hear about the Kali Kamli dharamshala, last time I went to Tungnath sept 06 this was in a dilapidated state, nice to see it has been renovated
Can you please post contact details of the guide Pratap Singh.
Nice Info ! Can you please post contact details of the guide Pratap Singh.
I dont remember the name of the gentleman(Some Mr. Negi) running it. He can arrnage guide, Jeep for pick and also tents if required.