Me and my wife have planned to visit Ooty in January End 2015 for our 2nd Anniversary.
We would be reaching Coimbatore Airport on 22nd Jan at 10:30 AM. We plan to leave for Ooty same day.
Next day, we plan to take the 9am toy train from Ooty to Coonoor, do some sight seeings in Coonoor. Then leave back for Ooty from 4pm Toy train. I will make online bookings for FC class once bookings open.
We would be in Ooty for 2 more days.
Our return flight from Coimbatore is on 26th Jan at 10:35 am.
I have few questions:
1. Is it advisable to hire a cab from Coimbatore airport to Ooty and use the same for complete sight seeing in and around Ooty. Or shall we just hire it till Ooty and then hire another cab for local sight seeing. Which one would be more cheaper?
2. Please provide us with some good sight seeing points in Ooty and Coonoor considering our arrival and departure plan mentioned above.
3. Suggest some good accomodation which is not far from the town, is within 2k per night and from where we could get good views
3. Is it advisable to leave from Ooty early morning on 26th Jan to catch out flight which departs at 10:35 am. Will be too foggy to drive? If no, then what time shall we depart from Ooty?
4. Please add any points that you feel could make our trip enjoyable