Pin Bhaba Pass In September

#1 Jun 15th, 2018, 01:00
Join Date:
Sep 2016
Location:
Walden
Posts:
8
  • Saunterer is offline
#1
Hi guys. Recently I did Roopkund Junargali solo trek. I'm planning Pin Bhaba Pass in September (and Mt Kanamo if I get enough time) and want to do it solo. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with few questions

Is permit required to do this trek? If yes where can I get it?
Is early September ideal for this trek?
Is the trail well established? I tried to search about river crossing but couldn't find much information about it. Is river crossing going to be too difficult after monsoons?
And what rice would you recommend while hiking which cooks fast and doesn't consume lots of fuel.

Thank you very much!

(I'd also like to join a small group who like to discuss books and poetry and not politics and page 3 while hiking )
#2 Jun 15th, 2018, 19:47
Join Date:
Sep 2016
Location:
Walden
Posts:
8
  • Saunterer is offline
#2
Nobody
#3 Jul 23rd, 2018, 20:46
Join Date:
Jul 2018
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
1
  • purkait6947 is offline
#3

Pin bhaba Trek

I and one of my friend are planning for Pin Bhaba Trek ,,We will reach Shimla on
15 th September morning .We can plan together if u r planning around same time.
#4 Jul 25th, 2018, 19:57
Join Date:
Jul 2018
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
2
  • NikiNag is offline
#4

End of August

We are three independent people (2 seasoned and one first time trekker) reaching Delhi on the 22nd and plan to begin the trek on 24th from Kafnu. It would be nicE to have company.. do let me know if interested..
#5 Aug 11th, 2018, 17:30
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
37
  • zaiff143 is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by purkait6947 View Post I and one of my friend are planning for Pin Bhaba Trek ,,We will reach Shimla on
15 th September morning .We can plan together if u r planning around same time.
Me and one of my friend is also planning for trek from 15 SEP, if its ok, Can you please share your itinerary.
#6 Aug 19th, 2018, 15:11
Join Date:
Aug 2018
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
1
  • anurag100 is offline
#6

Info for pin bhaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by purkait6947 View Post I and one of my friend are planning for Pin Bhaba Trek ,,We will reach Shimla on
15 th September morning .We can plan together if u r planning around same time.

Same here,
me and one of my friend is also planning trek by our own . Did you find any lead regarding in the same ? May be we an connect over facebook to discuss it further .
#7 Aug 20th, 2018, 13:42
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
37
  • zaiff143 is offline
#7

Pin Bhaba Pass In September

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag100 View Post Same here,

me and one of my friend is also planning trek by our own . Did you find any lead regarding in the same ? May be we an connect over facebook to discuss it further .


Not much we are thinking of Rupin pass too...

You can connect me. I am Zafar Alam.
Last edited by zaiff143; Aug 21st, 2018 at 00:13..
#8 Aug 20th, 2018, 17:02
Join Date:
Jun 2018
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
20
  • adev is offline
#8
I am heading to Kafnu on 26th Aug to start the Pin Bhaba Pass trek. May be it's too early for you and our dates won't coincide but if anyone else is starting the trek around the same time, please do let me know. I don't have any partners at the moment but would like to partner up with a few like-minded people (no agency/operator) to keep each other company and also bring down cost of logistics.
#9 Aug 21st, 2018, 00:43
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
37
  • zaiff143 is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag100 View Post Same here,
me and one of my friend is also planning trek by our own . Did you find any lead regarding in the same ? May be we an connect over facebook to discuss it further .
We can't post fb links here, so its better we share the details here itself.
I have contacted a guide, but yet to discuss the cost and all,
#10 Aug 21st, 2018, 09:05
Join Date:
Jun 2018
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
20
  • adev is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiff143 View Post We can't post fb links here, so its better we share the details here itself.
I have contacted a guide, but yet to discuss the cost and all,
Would it be wise to just reach Kafnu and then arrange a guide? In my experience, that almost always works out to be cheaper since you can do spot bargaining with 2 or 3 guides. But this is for Uttarakhand and I have never trekked in Himachal before.

I have heard that in HP, the going rate for guide is 1500/day which does seem a tad too high considering I am used to paying between 700-1000 per day in Uttarakhand (mostly on the lower end of the scale).

Anyway, can you please share your guide contact number? Maybe I can talk to him and get an idea of how much the trek can cost. There is no place to buy food along the entire route, so all ration have to carried from village itself. The guide may want us to hire cook, porters and mule too in addition to carry all the load which would greatly add to the cost.
#11 Aug 21st, 2018, 15:07
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
37
  • zaiff143 is offline
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adev View Post Would it be wise to just reach Kafnu and then arrange a guide? In my experience, that almost always works out to be cheaper since you can do spot bargaining with 2 or 3 guides. But this is for Uttarakhand and I have never trekked in Himachal before.

I have heard that in HP, the going rate for guide is 1500/day which does seem a tad too high considering I am used to paying between 700-1000 per day in Uttarakhand (mostly on the lower end of the scale).



Anyway, can you please share your guide contact number? Maybe I can talk to him and get an idea of how much the trek can cost. There is no place to buy food along the entire route, so all ration have to carried from village itself. The guide may want us to hire cook, porters and mule too in addition to carry all the load which would greatly add to the cost.

Sadish Negi 8219693594 I think for 2 people the price should be less than 14000 from kafnu to much
And for 4 people , 12000 or less
#12 Aug 28th, 2018, 22:25
Join Date:
May 2016
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
45
  • bala.habibi is offline
#12
Pin Bhabha can be done independently during the season without the need for a Guide...nowdays its practically a 3 day trail from Kafnu to Mud since there is a Jeep track to Mud from Sangam and on the other side you would find plenty of company at Muling & Kara.
#13 Aug 31st, 2018, 14:06
Join Date:
Jun 2018
Location:
Mangaluru
Posts:
17
  • kaaru is offline
#13
can be done without guide,
get ration from Katgoan/kafnu

Shepherd huts - found in muling, kara, fustirang

Stream crossing - after kara(3-4) , 1 just after Pass.

Water source - mulling(fine), Kara (don't get from pond/look for direct stream), Fustirang (go till upper meadow) - get from left stream coming from top hill(carcass of horse found in right stream)

Trail found all the way till Mud.

careful while ascending to Pass and just after pass. slippery and rock fall.

did it on 12th to 17th August 2018
No permit required.. even for Mt.kanamo
#14 Sep 1st, 2018, 14:27
Join Date:
Sep 2018
Location:
Cochin
Posts:
2
  • crsidharth is offline
#14
Hi Karu,

Can you please help me on this.... Need more information.
#15 Sep 3rd, 2018, 09:49
Join Date:
Jun 2018
Location:
Mangaluru
Posts:
17
  • kaaru is offline
#15
Wt information do you need..? Leave the questions here.. Will and them by evening..

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Bhaba pass in September - costs & others.. Aug 18th, 2018 11:55 10 1582 Himachal Pradesh
Bhaba Pass trek 19th-28th September Aug 23rd, 2013 19:32 3 1603 Himachal Pradesh
Bhaba Pass Aug 12th, 2011 08:24 1 1071 Himachal Pradesh
Pin Parvati/ Bhaba Pass Jun 23rd, 2011 18:32 9 2868 India Travel Partners


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success