Where Was This Photo Taken? (2)
somnath
India > Entertainment and Food in India > Community Forums > Photography
#66766
| Omnipresent
#66767
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: aarosh View Post

Dakshineswar Ramkrishna Sangha Adyapeath?


Yes, this is Adyapeth temple near Dakshineshwar Kali Temple.

Well done aarosh.

Solved.
#66768
| Maha Guru Member

Originally posted by: rshalder View Post

Kolkata? North Kolkata?


Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post

No, So Nah ..


Originally posted by: aarosh View Post

Dakshineswar Ramkrishna Sangha Adyapeath?


Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post

Yes, this is Adyapeth temple near Dakshineshwar Kali Temple.



:confused:
#66769
| Maha Guru Member
i actually hit this one when i searched for temples in large complexes.
But location says kolkata

See this.
#66770
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: Earthian View Post

i actually hit this one when i searched for temples in large complexes.
But location says kolkata


Technically it's not in Kolkata. Ariadaha is a town under Kamarhati Municipality, North 24 Parganas district.
#66771
| Maha Guru Member

Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post

Technically it's not in Kolkata. Ariadaha is a town under Kamarhati Municipality, North 24 Parganas district.


Kamarhati municipality is included in the Kolkata Metropolitan Area for which the KMDA is the statutory planning and development authority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamarhati

It is a part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration.
#66772
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: rshalder View Post

Kamarhati municipality is included in the Kolkata Metropolitan Area for which the KMDA is the statutory planning and development authority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamarhati


Barrackpore & Kalyani are also included in Kolkata Metropolitan Area. Do you think Kalyani is in Kolkata ?

I could get a chance to say 'yes' in case of 'KMDA area ' . But you asked whether it's in Kolkata & I said - No.

Again confirming, Ariadaha is technically not in Kolkata . It's a town in Northern Suburbs.
#66773
| The Silent One
Fight! Fight! Fight! :naughty::naughty:

(damp squib!)
Sar Pass Trek , Rohtang, Munnar, Badrinath Kedarnath, Vaishnodevi, Goa, VOF, Kedarkantha, Kuari Pass, Brahmatal Trek
#66774
| Maha Guru Member

Originally posted by: rshalder View Post

Kolkata? North Kolkata?


Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post

No, So Nah ..


Originally posted by: aarosh View Post

Dakshineswar Ramkrishna Sangha Adyapeath?


Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post

Technically it's not in Kolkata. Ariadaha is a town under Kamarhati Municipality, North 24 Parganas district.


That's fine. But how aarosh know that? :confused: Google maps says Kolkata ;)
#66775
| Omnipresent

Originally posted by: rshalder View Post

That's fine. But how aarosh know that? :confused: Google maps says Kolkata ;)


aarosh did not know that. That is why there is a question mark at the end. If aarosh knows the answer there is no question mark at the end.
#66776
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: rshalder View Post

That's fine. But how aarosh know that? :confused: Google maps says Kolkata ;)


Aarosh knows everything . Just see the word below his avatar . That's self explanatory :)
#66777
| Maha Guru Member

Originally posted by: aarosh View Post

aarosh did not know that. That is why there is a question mark at the end. If aarosh knows the answer there is no question mark at the end.


I mean, why did you try with some place which is marked as Kolkata everywhere, when AG already said it is not in Kolkata [shock]
#66778
| Omnipresent
Maps usually tend to fool you, images don't.
#66779
| Maha Guru Member
On a lighter note:
An extract from Wikimapia:

Rupak Ghoshal
Ariadaha is an ancient most place of old Kolkata. I love her as my motherland. Some dwellers detest this place. I become so angry with them. Some of the dwellers of Ariadaha feels mental detachment from Kolkata and always say - "Kolkata Jabo' (I shall go to Kolkata). They are as foolish as the Gobuchandra of Bengali tales. The people of Baruipur, Sonarpur and of Gosaba also now regards themselves as the dwellers of Kolkata. However, the dwellers of Ariadaha still cry as - Kolkata Jabo. Jab kha betara ( eat fodder the fools).


Source
#66780
| Maha Guru Member

Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post

Aarosh knows everything .


Originally posted by: rshalder View Post

I mean, why did you try with some place which is marked as Kolkata everywhere, when AG already said it is not in Kolkata [shock]


Ever heard of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?:D