Need Camera tripod suggestion

#16 Oct 8th, 2018, 13:36
Join Date:
Oct 2015
Location:
Ahmedabad
Posts:
2,072
  • Earthian is offline
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post wow..absolutely stunner of a shot ! thanks for sharing
did you take the foreground and milkyway in 2 different sequence and then blend them or is it a single shot?
No, it is a single shot.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 12.34.19.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  29.8 KB

And no photoshop either. Only normal adjustments in LR.

BTW, we passed via Pantnagar. That is where you are, isn't it?
#17 Oct 8th, 2018, 13:56
Join Date:
Oct 2015
Location:
Ahmedabad
Posts:
2,072
  • Earthian is offline
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post Can you suggest , some cheaper gimbal head options , i can work out the tripod leg + gimbal head option if that comes out in my budget.
You can check this out.
But i have no experience with these Chinese products. But Ali express is genuine. Your money is safe and full refunds are guaranteed if the supplier defaults.
#18 Oct 8th, 2018, 14:49
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,981
  • Nick-H is offline
#18

Need Camera tripod suggestion

I was always intrigued by the multi-angle arm on the Vanguard Alta Pro. I bought an Alta Pro 2.

I wouldn't recommend it. You can find references to what is called a design fault on the net and it is true. The arm locking is just not fully stable. Generally, it looks damn fancy but does not live up to its looks. I improved it a bit with some shimming and adjustment. But why would one have to!

I have a small Sirui travel tripod. Buying mistake: this model has permanently fixed centre column. Only thing is that it is light, and was good value for a carbon fibre tripod. Thus, on the rare occasions I actually use a tripod, it is the one I carry.

Also have a Sirui monopod. The one with legs. It is a thing of beauty and very well made. I have used it at a few concerts.

Wandered into a pro photo/video shop in London recently. All studio stuff. Nothing consumer at all. Was interested to see that they sold Sirui tripods. Serious products!

By the way, according to me Sirui is cheaper in India than buying from AliExpress. See Videolinks, and another site, maybe "photocentre" will check on pc.
~
Life gets aadhar every day.
.
#19 Oct 8th, 2018, 15:55
Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
NE
Posts:
601
  • sindabad is offline
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthian View Post No, it is a single shot.
Brilliant , i am still trying to understand how you shot such clear milky way shot with the foreground light pollution


[/QUOTE]
BTW, we passed via Pantnagar. That is where you are, isn't it?[/QUOTE]
I am still in rudrapur, i guess you are in Ranikhet ? did you drive on that horrible road , construction has made driving hell.
#20 Oct 8th, 2018, 16:03
Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
NE
Posts:
601
  • sindabad is offline
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post I was always intrigued by the multi-angle arm on the Vanguard Alta Pro. I bought an Alta Pro 2.

By the way, according to me Sirui is cheaper in India than buying from AliExpress. See Videolinks, and another site, maybe "photocentre" will check on pc.
I was also attracted by the multi angle arm of Vanguard alta pro
I checked videolinks , it mostly stocked Vanguard alta series as on today.. photocentre i will check.
#21 Oct 8th, 2018, 16:05
Join Date:
Oct 2015
Location:
Ahmedabad
Posts:
2,072
  • Earthian is offline
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post i guess you are in Ranikhet ? did you drive on that horrible road , construction has made driving hell.
Was in Ranikhet for 14 days. Back now to A'Bad. Actually, the road was not so bad. Yes, construction of concrete column supports (to prevent landslides?) was on at many places, but by and large the roads were smooth.
#22 Oct 8th, 2018, 16:43
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,981
  • Nick-H is offline
#22
Sorry: Fotocentre <-- link




.
#23 Oct 16th, 2018, 17:29
Join Date:
Dec 2009
Location:
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posts:
97
  • gautam023 is offline
#23
Do try Sirui products? I just got a T025X but I primarily use only Fuji now.
Fotocenter should stock those. I have only heard good things about Sirui.

Another cheaper alternative is Nest but then there is not much data available to judge it. Although couple of friends have it and are pretty happy about it. What I would recommend is to spend once and spend wisely rather than comprising. Also, since you are looking something for the 150-600, the aluminum versions able to take it would be pretty heavy. My older BEnro + Manfrotto combination took this easily but then was a real effort to carry it around. Do consider that and make your decision wisely.
Learning to fly
#24 Oct 21st, 2018, 13:43
Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
NE
Posts:
601
  • sindabad is offline
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam023 View Post Do try Sirui products? I just got a T025X but I primarily use only Fuji now.
Fotocenter should stock those. I have only heard good things about Sirui.

Another cheaper alternative is Nest but then there is not much data available to judge it. Although couple of friends have it and are pretty happy about it. What I would recommend is to spend once and spend wisely rather than comprising. Also, since you are looking something for the 150-600, the aluminum versions able to take it would be pretty heavy. My older BEnro + Manfrotto combination took this easily but then was a real effort to carry it around. Do consider that and make your decision wisely.
Finally settled for a sirui, sirui.in now directly sells in india. Settled for Sirui E-2004 AL Tripod and probably the best ball head in the series K-40X, had to stretch my budget by 4-5k to get this one. Thankfully, got a navratri offer of 9% off on all purchase. yet to get my hand on it, will post few pics once i receive it
#25 Oct 21st, 2018, 16:45
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,981
  • Nick-H is offline
#25
Quote:
sirui.in now directly sells in india
Same address as Fotocentre, who seem to be their distributors. I wonder if the prices are the same!
#26 Oct 21st, 2018, 18:30
Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
NE
Posts:
601
  • sindabad is offline
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post Same address as Fotocentre, who seem to be their distributors. I wonder if the prices are the same!
The rates were little less than fotocentre , plus sirui.in was offering 9% off on dashera holidays and 500/- off on online purchase. I have checked both the sites before ordering.
#27 Oct 22nd, 2018, 13:30
Join Date:
Dec 2009
Location:
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posts:
97
  • gautam023 is offline
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post Finally settled for a sirui, sirui.in now directly sells in india. Settled for Sirui E-2004 AL Tripod and probably the best ball head in the series K-40X, had to stretch my budget by 4-5k to get this one. Thankfully, got a navratri offer of 9% off on all purchase. yet to get my hand on it, will post few pics once i receive it
Good to hear that. I'm sure it'll be good enough for you.

Also, you'll be receiving your package from Fotocenter in all probabilities. I initially ordered from Amazon, then cancelled the order and booked on sirui.in. The underlying seller remained the same though
#28 Oct 22nd, 2018, 14:32
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,981
  • Nick-H is offline
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post The rates were little less than fotocentre , plus sirui.in was offering 9% off on dashera holidays and 500/- off on online purchase. I have checked both the sites before ordering.
Oh! I missed a deal, then. I am interested in a ball head and a drying cabinet.

Yesterday, prices on two ball heads I checked were the same across both sites. As I am already set up to buy from Fotocentre, that will be my first choice... but from now on, I'll check pricing/deals first.

There may sometimes be advantages to buying from Amazon, such as delivery times, ease of returns, etc. Price may or may not be different. One dealer asked me to buy from their site as it is cheaper for both of us: they have to add the cost of selling on Amazon to the price on Amazon. Fair enough.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Camera tripod in Flight Jun 29th, 2015 22:39 2 2081 Domestic India Flights
Tripod suggestion needed Sep 12th, 2014 11:16 10 2848 Photography
Tripod Suggestion Required Jun 26th, 2014 22:16 6 2841 Photography


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success