Rules for carrying Alcohol from duty free - multiple airports

#16 Oct 30th, 2014, 03:44
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
London (UK) (Current) & Pali Hill, Bombay (IN)
Posts:
8,904
  • ViShVa is offline
#16
Winter? What winter? Actually, this weekend we did drive south, to Arundel Castle, near Portsmouth!


Name:  P1050300.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  P1050301.jpg
Views: 1997
Size:  90.0 KB

We hired this 14 bedroom house (pile?), near Chichester, for five nights:

Name:  P1050144.jpg
Views: 1996
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  P1050149.jpg
Views: 1999
Size:  55.8 KB

Tomorrow, the forecast is 21 degrees C in London.
#17 Oct 30th, 2014, 04:28
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Sydney, Australia
Posts:
10,518
  • Govindpuri is offline
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post And I still say, It's winter, damnit! You should have been flying south!
I think Vishva likes extreme weather. Hot in summer and cold in winter. That way you can enjoy air conditioning in Mumbai and wood fires in England.
#18 Oct 30th, 2014, 15:01
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,417
  • Nick-H is offline
#18
Nice pics, ViShWa. It must have been a good weekend.

21C at the end of October? Whatever happened to those damp, cold, misty days leading up to "Bonfire Night?" UK is weird. And 21C is still too cold for me.
#19 Oct 30th, 2014, 15:18
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Location:
Switzerland
Posts:
317
  • EkCoffee is offline
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post Nice pics, ViShWa. It must have been a good weekend.

21C at the end of October? Whatever happened to those damp, cold, misty days leading up to "Bonfire Night?" UK is weird. And 21C is still too cold for me.
Really nice pics.
....hmm, those damp cold misty season has already arrived in Switzerland and just up to 14C during the days. ...not warm or cosy at all.
Maybe I should just go and book a weekend-trip to London
#20 Dec 5th, 2018, 05:40
Join Date:
Dec 2018
Location:
chennai
Posts:
1
  • shyampramoth is offline
#20

Reg carrying extra liquor

Dear Friends

I am travelling to India from USA. I am planning to buy 2 lts of liquor in DOHA duty free shop. After Landing in chennai, after I cross immigration will i be able to buy 2 more lts of liquor. Pls advice.
#21 Dec 5th, 2018, 15:00
Join Date:
Sep 2018
Location:
Quintanaroo
Posts:
13
  • xochi is offline
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampramoth View Post Dear Friends

I am travelling to India from USA. I am planning to buy 2 lts of liquor in DOHA duty free shop. After Landing in chennai, after I cross immigration will i be able to buy 2 more lts of liquor. Pls advice.
Solo 2 lit. Allow.
http://www.kolkatacustoms.gov.in/air...-baggage-rules
#22 Dec 5th, 2018, 17:14
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
961
  • ukdoctor is offline
#22
Depends on the airport..some airports put everyone's hand baggage through Xray screening. ( COK , BOM as of 2 years ago)

Some dont do it and only put hand luggage through Xray if there is any suspicion .(DEL)

Your total duty free allowance is at the point of crossing the customs check ( i.e in total 2 litres spirits )

By the way liquor was more competitively priced in Indian duty free arrival than in DXB when i calculated the prices on my last trip..

Might be worth checking DOH prices and see how they compare.
#23 Dec 5th, 2018, 19:08
Join Date:
Sep 2009
Location:
melbourne australia
Posts:
1,353
  • redninja is offline
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post Depends on the airport..some airports put everyone's hand baggage through Xray screening. ( COK , BOM as of 2 years ago)

Some dont do it and only put hand luggage through Xray if there is any suspicion .(DEL)

Your total duty free allowance is at the point of crossing the customs check ( i.e in total 2 litres spirits )

By the way liquor was more competitively priced in Indian duty free arrival than in DXB when i calculated the prices on my last trip..

Might be worth checking DOH prices and see how they compare.
As a generalisation Chennai is often a few points cheaper, but their range is a bit limited - as in they rarely stock my preferred brands
#24 Dec 6th, 2018, 19:46
Join Date:
Jun 2012
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
859
  • rajatchakraborty is offline
#24
Chennai is costlier and quality would be usually inferior unless imported as bottled.
#25 Dec 7th, 2018, 04:11
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
Sydney, Australia
Posts:
10,518
  • Govindpuri is offline
#25
Delhi has good prices for duty free booze on arrival. You get good deals if you buy two or more bottles.
#26 Dec 7th, 2018, 11:52
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,316
  • nycank is offline
#26
The Customs rule, nation wide is 2 Liters. People bring in more. If caught in the spot check, pay the extra duty plus fine.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Carrying alcohol on domestic flights Nov 24th, 2018 11:23 9 132819 Domestic India Flights
Is there a duty free place to buy alcohol in Delhi airport ? Sep 21st, 2011 19:30 6 10648 International India Flights
Duty Free alcohol Dec 27th, 2010 13:28 7 5301 International India Flights
Buying duty free alcohol Mumbai Nov 11th, 2009 15:04 1 5680 Packing Tips for India travel
Duty Free in Indian Airports Nov 21st, 2007 16:56 11 10270 International India Flights


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success