dibrugarh to silapathar... please help

#1 Mar 11th, 2010, 00:13
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
81
Send a message via Yahoo to kaoushik Send a message via Skype™ to kaoushik
  • kaoushik is offline
#1
I have to take a bus for Daporijo ( arunachal pradesh) from Silapathar. Can any one share the information as to the boarding point for crossing Brahmputra river from Dibrugarh side and the distance to Silapathar after getting down from the boat.

Is the Pasighat-- Along-- Daporijo route is more practical to travel or Silapathar ..Along ...Daporijo? THANKS
#2 Mar 11th, 2010, 16:18
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Bombay
Posts:
300
Send a message via Yahoo to hvkumar Send a message via Skype™ to hvkumar
  • hvkumar is offline
#2
I have been on the ferry last year, taking my Scorpio on it during my North East drive.

At the Dibrugarh end, the ferry starts at Kareng, which is 25 kms away, off the Jorhat highway (Jamirah is the point on NH37 where you turn off for the ferry point)

Ferries run from 730 am onwards.

It takes 2.30 hrs to cross the River Brahmaputra here, but I guess that will vary depending on the level of the water and the location of the sand banks. I am told that the ferry does not run during the rainy season.

The ferry point on the other bank is Bogbil.

From Bogbil, it is 25 kms to Shilapather, via Kilajan which is the point where the ferry road joins the NH 52 (Jonai-Tezpur highway, on which Shilapather is located)

There are shared jeeps to both the ferry points. Mini buses also run the route.

At Kulajan (where the ferry road joins NH52), the road to Daporigo begins, via Akajan.

You can also go directly to Pasighat by ferry from Dibrugarh (ferry point in Dibrugarh itself) from the Oriamghat ferry. From Pasighat, you ca take the route to Along.

Both routes are beautiful. Maybe you should go on one route and come back the other.

I did the drive on the Guwahati-Itanagar-Ziro-Daporigo-Along-Pasighat-Shilapather route.
H V Kumar
#3 Mar 11th, 2010, 20:32
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Location:
UK
Posts:
16,662
  • steven_ber is offline
#3
Excellent info H V. Very useful.
#4 Mar 14th, 2010, 00:25
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
81
Send a message via Yahoo to kaoushik Send a message via Skype™ to kaoushik
  • kaoushik is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post I have been on the ferry last year, taking my Scorpio on it during my North East drive.

At the Dibrugarh end, the ferry starts at Kareng, which is 25 kms away, off the Jorhat highway (Jamirah is the point on NH37 where you turn off for the ferry point)

Ferries run from 730 am onwards.

It takes 2.30 hrs to cross the River Brahmaputra here, but I guess that will vary depending on the level of the water and the location of the sand banks. I am told that the ferry does not run during the rainy season.

The ferry point on the other bank is Bogbil.

From Bogbil, it is 25 kms to Shilapather, via Kilajan which is the point where the ferry road joins the NH 52 (Jonai-Tezpur highway, on which Shilapather is located)

There are shared jeeps to both the ferry points. Mini buses also run the route.

At Kulajan (where the ferry road joins NH52), the road to Daporigo begins, via Akajan.

You can also go directly to Pasighat by ferry from Dibrugarh (ferry point in Dibrugarh itself) from the Oriamghat ferry. From Pasighat, you ca take the route to Along.

Both routes are beautiful. Maybe you should go on one route and come back the other.

I did the drive on the Guwahati-Itanagar-Ziro-Daporigo-Along-Pasighat-Shilapather route.
Thank you Kumar for the useful information.I think I should go to Pasighat from Dibrugarh and then to Along ..Daporijo..Ziro to Guwahati.My interest in Daporijo is to visit Meghna cave temple. Have you been to Tuting ? It is said that it is more beautiful than Switzerland !
#5 Mar 14th, 2010, 00:33
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Bombay
Posts:
300
Send a message via Yahoo to hvkumar Send a message via Skype™ to hvkumar
  • hvkumar is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoushik View Post My interest in Daporijo is to visit Meghna cave temple. Have you been to Tuting ? It is said that it is more beautiful than Switzerland !
Alas, I could not go to Tuting, which was there in my original itinerary, but I ran out of time, and also discovered that it would take me 3 days at least to drive there and return. I'm told that Mechuka is also a must-see place.
#6 Mar 14th, 2010, 00:56
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
81
Send a message via Yahoo to kaoushik Send a message via Skype™ to kaoushik
  • kaoushik is offline
#6
It is a pleasure to drive to Annini from Roing.Annini has now BSNL cellular network and even 2mbps WiFi internet through router !
#7 Mar 14th, 2010, 10:23
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Bombay
Posts:
300
Send a message via Yahoo to hvkumar Send a message via Skype™ to hvkumar
  • hvkumar is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoushik View Post It is a pleasure to drive to Annini from Roing.Annini has now BSNL cellular network and even 2mbps WiFi internet through router !
Do you route coordinates? Would love to have them, this is one stretch I could not drive last year because of battered roads. I had to use the Dibrugarh-Tinsukia-Namsai route to get to Kibithu.
#8 Mar 15th, 2010, 15:06
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
81
Send a message via Yahoo to kaoushik Send a message via Skype™ to kaoushik
  • kaoushik is offline
#8
Yes the road to Kibithu is very rough and you need 4WD off-roader.I had had GPS unit but I never tried to use it and now a friend of mine is trying to use it!Aces satellite phone is now very cheap and can also work on GSM (800) network.Also it has an option to switch over to INMARSAT with higher tarrif rate ! Now there is network of BSNL optical fibre everywhere in Arunachal and you can have access to high speed internet through EVDO everywhere as you find cellular BST tower.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
NGOs in Dibrugarh, Assam Dec 25th, 2009 19:17 0 2170 Other Areas
Mona Lisa Hotel Dibrugarh - ASSAM Aug 8th, 2009 13:25 1 1640 Off the Beaten Trail in India
Dibrugarh to Along - Mechuka Oct 31st, 2008 00:10 16 30961 Arunachal Pradesh
First AC coach in Dibrugarh Rajdhani Sep 9th, 2008 03:07 1 5572 Indian Railways


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success