- About CaptKaos
- About Me
- I live in Rome and have been into motorbikes and travelling all my life. My first trip to India was in 1996-97 when I rode around India with my brother for 6 months. My last trip to India was in 2014 when I did a solo bike trip of about 3 months on a 500 Bullet. I saw lots of changes and lots of places in the 6000km I rode that time and it was great to see India again after almost 20 years.. To summarise my trip, I did Delhi to Hampi in 5 days so as to get there before it got too hot, then took it more slowly back up north through Mandu, Pushkar, Delhi (again), Richikesh, Hamipur, Dharamsala, Manali, Manikarin, where I finally go stuck for 10 days due to torrential rain.. I met a lovely American woman there, so it was all good, but my plan to get to Ladakh was foiled, as the pass was closed due to snow, this was May 2014 and there was still heavy snow! On the way back due to hard headedness and the love of the challenge I rode from Manikarin to Delhi on the bike in one day, arriving in New Delhi just after midnight.. I'm still proud of that ride, I hadn't planned to do it, but I got to Chandigarh and thought what the hell finish the ride, Rides like that you do once a lifetime .. I really should write that trip up and post some photos.. And yeah, I love India and think this is one on the best forums ever !
- Interests..bikes, travel, music, books, do make a point of trying to take an interest in people, though have little or no patience for boring, bigoted or small minded people - though a combination of all three in one person I can deal with no problem.. and since I 'm here I may as well add, culture, society, art, religion, women, the universe..did I mention I am also passionate about motorbikes?
- Skyhook Operator
- Favorite Quote
- "If I can't dance it ain't my revolution" Emma Goldman
- Guilty Pleasure
- N/A ..see little reason to be guilty about pleasure..see no sense in taking pleasure from suffering either
- Favorite Movies
- Too many favourites.. Blues Bros. The Shining, Stop Making Sense, Mystic River, Reservoir Dogs, Easy Rider, Scarface, Bourne Trilogy.. Early Tartantino, Eastwood films, Sean Penn movies, Kevin Spacey, Edward Norton..etc
- Favorite Music
- Rock, Reggae, Roots, RnB, Rap,Hip Hop, Soul, Irish traditional..
- Favorite Books
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, leasier to name a few authors, like Amin Malouf, Jo Nesbo, Ian Rankin..
- Favorite Television Programs
- I live in Italia so this is a completely hypothetical concept.. Have seen The Wire which I thought was great. enjoyed Breaking Bad till series 3-4 then it sort of lost the plot and WW became a parody of himself..don't watch much TV as such..
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1