- About Big Susan
- London, England
- About Me
- I've been to Goa a fair few times to visit my elderly father. Unfortunately he likes seeing me, but doesn't much like 'rural India' (his description of anywhere where the toilets might be risky!). Went to Hampi/Vijayanagara in 2007, which was wonderful, and want to see more of the country, away from the Aya-Napa-in-India crowd that populate Baga. The train journey was as much part of the interest as Hampi itself. My 8 day whistle-stop trip to Maharashtra in January 2010, with most of our sleeping on the train, was abruptly terminated half-way through, when I broke my leg badly near Aurangabad, so I now know the Seth Nandlal Dhoot hospital fairly well!
- Trad English/Scottish/French/Welsh/American/Irish-if-you-really-must music sessions in pubs; festivals; gardening; food
- Occupational Therapist
- Favorite Quote
- If you had 30 untuned plastic violins played by 6 year olds together in one room, they would sound a whole lot worse than recorders!
- Guilty Pleasure
- Who needs to feel guilty about pleasure?
- Favorite Music
- Anything where the music is made by those present rather than pre-recorded by "stars". Doesn't matter what the tune is, but there are those unpredictable moments in a jam session when everyone is on the same wavelength and it just takes off. At the end of the tune there is a collective sigh, and some need to go out for a smoke!
- Favorite Books
- Too many to discriminate, but I don't like slush.