Marriage Registration (post marriage) between 2 US Citizens

#1 Nov 13th, 2015, 22:28
Join Date:
Nov 2015
  • sarcar_pc is offline
Dear Wise Souls,

We were married in Kolkata a few years ago and are both US citizens. I used to be an Indian citizen but was a U.S. citizen during the wedding.

Would it be possible to get a marriage certificate now from Kolkata? If yes, what is the process? Any feedback on your background and experience would be much appreciated.

We have heard many very varied advices from folks (can under Hindu Marriage Act, canNOT under Special Marriage Act OR can under Special Marriage Act) and hence am reaching out. While the lawyers give varied approaches, the Marriage Registrars are clueless.

Please advise.

Thanks much!


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success