Marriage question OCI

#1 Jun 30th, 2016, 20:35
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Mississauga, Canada
Posts:
4
  • Sudarsh is offline
#1
Hi,

I am an OCI holder and a Canadian Citizen and want to get married to a girl in India who is an Indian citizen and a Christian can we get married under the special marriage act without the notice being sent to her parents basically her parents are against our marriage where as mine are fine so what is the best way to proceed with this? Her permanent address seems to be in chennai but she studies in bangalore if we were to get married in bangalore how can we best proceed with it without having her parents be sent the letter because i believe u have to wait 30 days before u can marry under the special marriage act.

Please guide me thanks

Sudarsh
#2 Jun 30th, 2016, 21:25
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,559
  • nycank is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarsh View Post but she studies in bangalore if we were to get married in bangalore how can we best proceed with it without having her parents be sent the letter because i believe u have to wait 30 days before u can marry under the special marriage act.
If she's over 18, and does not live in a college hostel, and can prove her residence in BLR for over 30 days, she can then go to the registrar who has jurisdiction, and get a list of required documents and file the notice.

I do not think, a notice is sent to the parents, under SMA.
#3 Jun 30th, 2016, 21:34
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Mississauga, Canada
Posts:
4
  • Sudarsh is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycank View Post If she's over 18, and does not live in a college hostel, and can prove her residence in BLR for over 30 days, she can then go to the registrar who has jurisdiction, and get a list of required documents and file the notice.

I do not think, a notice is sent to the parents, under SMA.

Hi thanks but Her permanent resident is Chennai on the passport and all so how can she prove her residence in BLR for over 30 days currently she does stay a girls pg please let me know thanks. And will there be witnesses required? She is 22 and will I need to provide a proof of address as well will my canadian address on my oci and passport suffice?
#4 Jun 30th, 2016, 21:43
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,559
  • nycank is offline
#4
#5 Jun 30th, 2016, 22:56
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,782
  • Nick-H is offline
#5
They do not send any notice to anybody. Unless some registrar decides to interfere beyond the call of duty.

It is posted on the public notice board.
~
Life gets aadhar every day.
.
#6 Jun 30th, 2016, 23:05
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Mississauga, Canada
Posts:
4
  • Sudarsh is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post They do not send any notice to anybody. Unless some registrar decides to interfere beyond the call of duty.

It is posted on the public notice board.


Hi Thanks,

so does the same apply to Bangalore so for her proof of address even if it is in Chennai no mail will be sent there right? And how can she provide proof of address?
#7 Jun 30th, 2016, 23:59
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,559
  • nycank is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarsh View Post so does the same apply to Bangalore so for her proof of address even if it is in Chennai no mail will be sent there right? And how can she provide proof of address?
There is nothing carved in stone. Did you read the requirements for BLR/Karnataka ? Your spouse-to-be will file personally. If the registrar feels Global-warming is a hoax, and 2+2 does not add up, he just might !

So here are the things you should consider -
  • Is she financially dependent on her family ?
  • How many years before she graduates and gets a job ?
  • Does she have sub-lease for her place in BLR ?
  • Do you have spare change ?
  • Does she have a Public Bank Account in BLR ?

All of the above go towards minimizing an adverse situation !

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success