Indian without Indian Passport wants to marry a foreigner in Delhi/India.

#1 Apr 17th, 2013, 22:19
Join Date:
Apr 2013
New Delhi
  • indoturk is offline
Hey friends
Could you please help me by sharing your views or knowledge regarding my questions. I went through a lot of pages but cannot see similar questions.

I am an OCI status holder without an Indian passport. I want to marry my classmate from Ukraine and live in Delhi with her.
1) If I send her a "family friend" invitation letter, does she get an Entry X Visa before even we get married (in order to avoid the pillar to post formalities)?? Or she has to visit India with the regular Tourist Visa and then convert it into X type? She already went back home with her 6 months TV after spending some time with my family.
2) What documents is she supposed to bring along for the civil marriage?
3) Does the X Visa has a lifetime validity??
4) In any way can she get an Indian citizenship??

Thanks and peace on earth friends
#2 Apr 18th, 2013, 01:11
Join Date:
Aug 2006
  • nycank is offline
Nearly every question you asked, has been answered in some thread or the other in this sub-forum.

She comes on a Tourist Visa; Under SMA you give a 30 day notice. Get married, and aske for change from T visa to X visa.

X visa is not a lifetime visa. After a year of marriage; she can apply for a PIO ( or can she ?? Dunno )

Yes, after many years of living in India she can apply for citizenship.
#3 Apr 18th, 2013, 02:35
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Chennai, India
  • Nick-H is offline
Indian without Indian Passport ... I am an OCI status holder
Does not add up. You may well be of Indian Origin, but if you have OCI, then you must have the passport, and citizenship, of some other country

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success