How to convert X visa to PIO/OCI

#1 Nov 24th, 2017, 14:08
Join Date:
Nov 2017
  • Choity Chakma is offline
I am a Bangladeshi citizen and married to an Indian. I have got one year Entry (X) visa a couple of days back. I want to apply for Indian citizenship but before that I need to stay in india for minimum 7 years.
So now, should I apply for PIO/OCI now as currently I am holding X visa? Actually some people told me that I cannot apply for job or study with X visa. So I want to apply for PIO/OCI.
Please can anyone help me out with replying.
#2 Nov 25th, 2017, 09:29
Join Date:
Aug 2006
  • nycank is offline
You are not eligible. The official site for GoI's immigration

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Last Day to Convert PIO to OCI? Mar 21st, 2018 05:09 334 31549 For Citizens of Other Countries - Visa and PIO/OCI Questions
How to convert spouse's PIO to OCI? Jul 27th, 2016 14:35 6 1301 Marriage related Visa Questions

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success