Confused over Nagarhole, Bandipur, Madumalai, Masinagudi

#1 Sep 28th, 2015, 15:23
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Pune
Posts:
72
  • ankitsr is offline
#1
Hi All,

I plan to visit the above areas on my trip from Pune-Ooty/Conoor. However all of them seem forest areas where we could do safaris.

Please advise if these places are similar and which ones do you suggest is best in terms on natural beauty, thrill and wildlife to add value to the trip?
Can I drive though these areas in my own car? (Hyundai i10)

Also please suggest the options to stay here.(budget 2-2.5k/night)
#2 Sep 28th, 2015, 15:42
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
177
  • SayanBanerjee is offline
#2
Bandipur is for Tiger, the forest is less dense compared to others. Mudumalai or Masinagudi will be good to spot Bisons, Elephants.

How many days are you planning to stay there? If it is more than one then definitely stay one night in Bandipur and the other night in Masinagudi since those are not very far. To me Mudumalai or Masinagudi is much more scenic.

Yeah you can definitely drive, the roads are very much scenic for driving, You will get plenty of resorts in that range, just ensure that the resort is in the jungle, not exactly in Masinagudi town.
#3 Sep 28th, 2015, 15:53
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Pune
Posts:
72
  • ankitsr is offline
#3
Around 2-3 nights in all at these places and then head for 1-2 days to Ooty/Conoor. Can I drive in my own car into these areas? Any suggested places to Stay?

Also what other places can I visit on the way/around to add more value to the trip? Thanks!
#4 Sep 28th, 2015, 21:14
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
177
  • SayanBanerjee is offline
#4
There wont be any problem driving your own car, the roads are nice, scenic. Stay 1 night at Bandipur, 1 night at Mudumalai, go for the jungle safari in both the places, though it always depends on your luck what you can spot.Move for Ooty and Coonoor, personaly I like Coonoor more than Ooty, it is always pleasant to spend a couple of days in some resort in Coonoor amid the tea estates.

If you have time, try to experience the Mountain Railway from Ooty to Coonoor.
#5 Sep 29th, 2015, 15:35
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Pune
Posts:
72
  • ankitsr is offline
#5
Also would Jog Falls be worth visiting during this time? Is it good enough to take the costal route to include Jog falls?

Any other sugesstions?
#6 Sep 29th, 2015, 16:44
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
177
  • SayanBanerjee is offline
#6
There won't be enough water in Jog Falls at this time of the year, you can skip Jog Falls.
#7 Sep 29th, 2015, 17:17
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Pune
Posts:
72
  • ankitsr is offline
#7
Thanks. How about Maravanthe? Is it worth going? Any other places I can combine on the coastal route (If the route and road condition is worth going)
#8 Sep 29th, 2015, 17:28
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
177
  • SayanBanerjee is offline
#8
If you are interested in coastal route, you can go for Karwar or Gokarna (Best beaches in Karnataka) or Udupi.

Maravante beach is nice but don't need to stay there, better you can stay in Udupi or Mangalore.
#9 Sep 30th, 2015, 12:36
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Pune
Posts:
72
  • ankitsr is offline
#9
Below are two itineraries I could plan. Please suggest any changes and which would be better-

Plan A (Pune-Mysore-Masinagudi/Madumalai - Coorg-Pune)

Day 1:- Pune to Belgaum (starting in the evening)
Day 2:- Belgaum- Mysore
Day 3:- Mysore
Day4-6: Mysore - Masinagudi/Madumalai - 2/3 nights halt in the jungle
Day 7: Madumali-Conoor
Day 8:- Conoor-Blr (night halt)
Day 9:- Blr-Pune

Plan B (Pune- Sirsi/Banvasi-Coastal Karnataka(?)-Masinagudi/Madumalai-Pune)

Day 1:- Pune to Belgaum (starting in the evening)
Day 2:- Belgaum- Srisi/Banvasi - Explore nearby areas
Day 3:- Banvasi- Marvnthe- Udupi (night halt)
Day 4: Udupi or Stay at some beach location nearby - pls suggest
Day 5-7: (Udupi)- Masinagudi/Madumalai - 2/3 nights halt in the jungle
Day 8: Madumali-Hubli (night halt)
Day 9:- Hubli-Pune
#10 Sep 30th, 2015, 13:14
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Mumbai
Posts:
96
  • Ankitjani333 is offline
#10

Need Help to Plan

Dear Friends...

Please help me to find weather my tour plan is possible or not....

I am mentioning brief tour plan as follow...


Kodai (2) - Ooty(2) - Mysore(1) - (5Nights - 6 Days)

Pick up : Coimbatore Railway Station or Dindigul Junction (Monday)

Monday : Coimbatore - Kodai (Kodai Sight seen) Night @ Kodai
Tuesday : Kodai Local sight seen - night Kodai
Wednesday : Kodai - Coonoor sight seen - Ooty (Night @ Ooty)
Thursday : Ooty Local - Night @ Ooty
Friday : Ooty - En-route Bandipur - Mysore (Local) (Night @ Mysore)
Saturday : Mysore - En-route Banglore Sight seen - Bangalore Local Sight seen - Drop

Drop : Bangalore Railway Station
#11 Sep 30th, 2015, 16:34
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
177
  • SayanBanerjee is offline
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsr View Post Below are two itineraries I could plan. Please suggest any changes and which would be better-

Plan A (Pune-Mysore-Masinagudi/Madumalai - Coorg-Pune)

Day 1:- Pune to Belgaum (starting in the evening)
Day 2:- Belgaum- Mysore
Day 3:- Mysore
Day4-6: Mysore - Masinagudi/Madumalai - 2/3 nights halt in the jungle
Day 7: Madumali-Conoor
Day 8:- Conoor-Blr (night halt)
Day 9:- Blr-Pune
This Plan sounds good. Since you will be covering a good amount of distance, just ensure that you get a decent amount of break in between the driving.

If it is possible (if the distance permits), you can take the first break at Bijapur instead of Belgaum. 2 nights will be enough for Mudumalai, spend more time in Ooty or Coonoor instead.

In Plan B - You are planning to miss Ooty, Coonoor (though you will be reaching till Mudumalai) to cover the Coastal towns, if that is okay for you, the plan is fine.

Just check if it is possible to bring Hampi into these plan, though the plans already are packed up...
#12 Sep 30th, 2015, 16:45
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
177
  • SayanBanerjee is offline
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankitjani333 View Post Dear Friends...

Please help me to find weather my tour plan is possible or not....

I am mentioning brief tour plan as follow...


Kodai (2) - Ooty(2) - Mysore(1) - (5Nights - 6 Days)

Pick up : Coimbatore Railway Station or Dindigul Junction (Monday)

Monday : Coimbatore - Kodai (Kodai Sight seen) Night @ Kodai
Tuesday : Kodai Local sight seen - night Kodai
Wednesday : Kodai - Coonoor sight seen - Ooty (Night @ Ooty)
Thursday : Ooty Local - Night @ Ooty
Friday : Ooty - En-route Bandipur - Mysore (Local) (Night @ Mysore)
Saturday : Mysore - En-route Banglore Sight seen - Bangalore Local Sight seen - Drop

Drop : Bangalore Railway Station
Yes possible, but to me little bit hectic. Instead you can go for Ooty (1 or 2 days) - Coonoor (1 or 2 days) - Mudumalai or Bandipur (1 day) - Mysore - Bangalore...
#13 Sep 30th, 2015, 19:01
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Pune
Posts:
72
  • ankitsr is offline
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayanBanerjee View Post This Plan sounds good. Since you will be covering a good amount of distance, just ensure that you get a decent amount of break in between the driving.

If it is possible (if the distance permits), you can take the first break at Bijapur instead of Belgaum. 2 nights will be enough for Mudumalai, spend more time in Ooty or Coonoor instead.

In Plan B - You are planning to miss Ooty, Coonoor (though you will be reaching till Mudumalai) to cover the Coastal towns, if that is okay for you, the plan is fine.

Just check if it is possible to bring Hampi into these plan, though the plans already are packed up...
Plan B is more adventurous with couple of offbeat places to explore and some beach to add but not sure about the road conditions. Also it would consume at least one extra day and I have to skip Ooty/Conoor , which I'm ok if its worth it..(Sirsi/Banvasi/Halebidu/Udupi etc?)

Already been to Hampi so can skip it this time.

Also which of Ooty/Conoor is better?
#14 Oct 1st, 2015, 17:46
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Mumbai
Posts:
96
  • Ankitjani333 is offline
#14
Thank you very much

Actually I am looking for a tour package around Rs.20000/- for a couple including Break fast and dinner.

I am traveling for Mumbai - Dindigul and then plan to start the given tour plan.

I have fixed days as plan to travel in Diwali vacation

07-11-2015 leave from mumbai Via train reach Dandigul on Monday Morning 7.00 then tour start
#15 Oct 1st, 2015, 17:47
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
Mumbai
Posts:
96
  • Ankitjani333 is offline
#15

THank you

Thank you very much

Actually I am looking for a tour package around Rs.20000/- for a couple including Break fast and dinner.

I am traveling for Mumbai - Dindigul and then plan to start the given tour plan.

I have fixed days as plan to travel in Diwali vacation

07-11-2015 leave from mumbai Via train reach Dandigul on Monday Morning 7.00 then tour start

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
bandipur, nagarhole, etc. Jul 30th, 2010 13:42 1 1355 Indian Wildlife and National Parks
From Bangalore to Mysore +Masinagudi(Madumalai) Apr 11th, 2010 23:46 30 37634 Karnataka
Nagarhole or Bandipur Jan 17th, 2010 21:55 1 2365 Indian Wildlife and National Parks
masinagudi or nagarhole Feb 6th, 2009 13:44 3 2261 Indian Wildlife and National Parks
Bandipur or Nagarhole Oct 15th, 2008 12:36 10 7655 Karnataka


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success