Tour of Kiriburu Meghataburu

#16 Nov 6th, 2016, 19:41
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Kolkata, India
Posts:
65
  • trektrek is offline
#16

Diwali trip to Saranda

Those of you who are still interested in going to Saranda, please do it at the earliest. It still retains the old world charm that I have found has been lost from the majority of such places, especially in Sikkim and north Bengal. The bungalow at Thalkobad is now open to tourists. It has 2 double-bedded rooms with a huge lobby with luxurious amenities. Even though we did not stay there since we were a large group of 16 people including kids, it looked quite a good proposition for a crew of upto 8 people. Mind you, you have to plan beforehand for everything you would require in the forest including procuring diesel for the DG set.
We stayed at Meghatuburu FRH, which is also a very good option for a quiet getaway with all the facilities and the convenience of being inside a town.

The contact person for FRH: Sri Nakul Jena: 09431950402

Will Add photographs later since at this point they are quite large and I shall have to compress them before posting....
#17 Nov 6th, 2016, 21:32
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Kolkata, India
Posts:
65
  • trektrek is offline
#17

Sarandatrip: link to photographs

Please follow the link for the pictures:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...xYdl9XUml6VXJn
#18 Nov 6th, 2016, 23:09
Join Date:
Oct 2007
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
2,955
  • asishdas is offline
#18
Seen the pictures. Great! These pics have opened a new vista...hitherto almost unknown to many. I have one observation: your story is too short. Could we have more details, please? I'm (like me, many others, probably) curious to know as to how you got the booking of Kiriburu FRH and where this FRH is actually located. Kindly share this piece of info. This will help many of us, Saranda-lovers, immensely. Thanks.
#19 Nov 7th, 2016, 10:34
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Kolkata, India
Posts:
65
  • trektrek is offline
#19

Getting the info

I stumbled on to this webpage (http://chaibasa.nic.in/Imp_Tel_Nos.html) after a bit of searching. One call to the DFO, Saranda forest division cleared all our doubts and we were on our way. The DFO is an extremely helpful person and I am sure he will appreciate your interest.

The charges that we paid for Meghatuburu FRH is Rs. 1000 per room per day and Rs. 200 per extra person per day.

For the more 'sophisticated and learned' description of the tour, please refer to the indiamike thread: http://www.indiamike.com/india/jhark...randa-t249834/ where I believe some of you have already contributed.
#20 Oct 19th, 2017, 16:59
Join Date:
Jan 2011
Location:
North Calcutta
Posts:
585
  • rahul4640 is offline
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb4920 View Post Hi Everybody !
I tried a lot to book the SAIL guest house @ Kiriburu/ Megathaburu region. I personally visited SAIL office in Camac st., from there I had been sent to IISCO House & from there to Industry House.... But result was nothing but a big zero. I decided to stay at Manoharpur (Santoor Guest House ) during 1st week of Nov. this year.
Did you ever visit this place? Please let us know with the relevant contact numbers. If possible, any contact number of "Meghalaya (Or is it Mizoram?) Guest House will be much appreciated.
Regards.
#21 Oct 21st, 2017, 12:36
Join Date:
Jan 2011
Location:
North Calcutta
Posts:
585
  • rahul4640 is offline
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirtha22 View Post Also I visited several times a nearby place called Noamundi (previous station of Barajamda) and Barbil (next station of Barajamda). My father used to work in Noamundi and mother in Barbil. I had the opportunity to stay in those beautiful hill town and enjoy the sunset/sunrise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joymazumder View Post There is another SAIL guest house in Kiriburu. You need to permission to enter the SAIL iron mines (You can get permission from Kiriburu/Meghtaburu). We are hired Scorpio. It's hiring charge 800 Rs per day + Oil charges.
Will anyone of you please let this forum know whether the "Meghalaya Guest House" of SAIL is open for outside visitors? I have not able to find out for sure.

In case any other kind person is knowledgeable enough, I request him to kindly furnish adequate details regarding how it may be booked by any outsider, who is not connected with SAIL.
#22 Jan 12th, 2018, 16:48
Join Date:
Sep 2010
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
76
  • krriish22 is offline
#22

Need help for making itinerary for Kiriburu-Meghahatuburu trip

Hi, I am planning for a Kiriburu trip on January26-28. 26th I will catch Janashatabdi Exp and reach Barbil by 1 PM and on 28th I will catch the same down train at 1 PM from Barbil. I have booked train tickets and hotel (Hotel Aadhar) also. But, I dont have much idea about th places to visit (Google is not offering much), places for which permission is required, places from where to collect the permission and contacts for cabs/auto. I need help with a full itinerary with all possible details.

#23 Jan 12th, 2018, 23:52
Join Date:
Dec 2013
Location:
HOWRAH
Posts:
17
  • santanusantra is offline
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by krriish22 View Post Hi, I am planning for a Kiriburu trip on January26-28. 26th I will catch Janashatabdi Exp and reach Barbil by 1 PM and on 28th I will catch the same down train at 1 PM from Barbil. I have booked train tickets and hotel (Hotel Aadhar) also. But, I dont have much idea about th places to visit (Google is not offering much), places for which permission is required, places from where to collect the permission and contacts for cabs/auto. I need help with a full itinerary with all possible details.
For kiriburu/meghatuburu iron ore visit, you need to take prior permission which I have arranged by a friend who works in Meghatuburu iron ore. So what was easy for me that will be not be for you. I don't know exactly where the permission is issued. But if you go to Thalkobad {after taking permission from forest office} then you will have some glimpses of Meghatuburu iron ore. But considering your dates my suggestion is: 26/1- After lunch, go to Meghatuburu (approx 30km from Barbil) for sunset from Sunset view point near SAIL VIP guest house. Enroute visit JHIKIRA waterfalls (RAINBOW waterfalls) behind BOLANI mines. For this you need a detour of approx 4 km and you have to trek for 5-10mins from the car parking point.The falls is awesome within the forest. On 27/1 go out early morning to visit Khandadhar waterfalls, Bada ghagra falls, Sana ghagra falls and back to Barbil. It will be around 280 km road journey from and to Barbil via Keonjhar. On 28/1- after breakfast visit Murga mahadev temple and after lunch take the train. I have visited Khandadhar, Bada ghagra and Sana ghagra falls from Keonjhar. Khandadhar falls is fabulous and must visit but for that you have to travel long.
#24 Jan 13th, 2018, 08:47
Join Date:
Jan 2011
Location:
North Calcutta
Posts:
585
  • rahul4640 is offline
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanusantra View Post After lunch, go to Meghatuburu (approx 30km from Barbil) for sunset from Sunset view point near SAIL VIP guest house.
Is it true that SAIL does not allow common people to stay at this VIP guest house, even when they are willing to pay the full rent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santanusantra View Post I have visited Khandadhar, Bada ghagra and Sana ghagra falls from Keonjhar. Khandadhar falls is fabulous and must visit but for that you have to travel long.
I had the privilege of visiting both San Ghagra and Bara Ghagra. But where is this Khandadhar falls?
#25 Jan 13th, 2018, 17:07
Join Date:
Dec 2013
Location:
HOWRAH
Posts:
17
  • santanusantra is offline
#25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post Is it true that SAIL does not allow common people to stay at this VIP guest house, even when they are willing to pay the full rent?


I had the privilege of visiting both San Ghagra and Bara Ghagra. But where is this Khandadhar falls?
there are two khandadhar falls in odisha. 1st one is at sundergarh district which is nearly 800ft of height. It is the highest falls in odisha. To reach there you have to come through Rourkela which is approx 100km from this falls and you have to trek 2-3km atleast to reach the falls from the car parking area. 2nd Khandadhar falls (500ft height) is situated just opposite side of the hill where 1st one is there. But it is in the Keonjhar district 60km from Keonjhar town and 50km from Bada ghagra. So both the falls are on the same Khandadhar hill but falling on opposite sides to one another. I visited the 2nd one from Keonjhar town. I haven't visited the first one but 2nd one is equally good and always there is rainbow and smoky appearance at the foot of the fall.
Now coming to your 1st question, I really don't know the policy of Meghatuburu SAIL VIP guest house. I somehow managed to stay there with the help of my friend who works there. And it is true that being a Non SAIL person I could not stay there by my own identity. You must have acting SAIL relative or friend, not a retired one to manage the booking in VIP guest house. But yes you can try the Meghatuburu SAIL guest house no 2 (not VIP one) which is 2 km away from the VIP one. They may allow common man without booking if rooms are there. I don't know at all about Kiriburu SAIL guest house.
#26 Jan 13th, 2018, 19:12
Join Date:
Sep 2010
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
76
  • krriish22 is offline
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanusantra View Post For kiriburu/meghatuburu iron ore visit, you need to take prior permission which I have arranged by a friend who works in Meghatuburu iron ore. So what was easy for me that will be not be for you. I don't know exactly where the permission is issued. But if you go to Thalkobad {after taking permission from forest office} then you will have some glimpses of Meghatuburu iron ore. But considering your dates my suggestion is: 26/1- After lunch, go to Meghatuburu (approx 30km from Barbil) for sunset from Sunset view point near SAIL VIP guest house. Enroute visit JHIKIRA waterfalls (RAINBOW waterfalls) behind BOLANI mines. For this you need a detour of approx 4 km and you have to trek for 5-10mins from the car parking point.The falls is awesome within the forest. On 27/1 go out early morning to visit Khandadhar waterfalls, Bada ghagra falls, Sana ghagra falls and back to Barbil. It will be around 280 km road journey from and to Barbil via Keonjhar. On 28/1- after breakfast visit Murga mahadev temple and after lunch take the train. I have visited Khandadhar, Bada ghagra and Sana ghagra falls from Keonjhar. Khandadhar falls is fabulous and must visit but for that you have to travel long.
Thanks, Got some idea. Rest I can manage. But, one last thing: can you give some contacts for the cabs (auto, bolero whatever).
#27 Jan 17th, 2018, 01:02
Join Date:
Dec 2013
Location:
HOWRAH
Posts:
17
  • santanusantra is offline
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by krriish22 View Post Thanks, Got some idea. Rest I can manage. But, one last thing: can you give some contacts for the cabs (auto, bolero whatever).
I have got contact no of xylo driver at Meghatuburu. His rate is rs 1000 per day plus fuel (10 km /lit). But don't know any contact at Barbil.
#28 Jan 17th, 2018, 10:31
Join Date:
Sep 2010
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
76
  • krriish22 is offline
#28
1. Can you give his (Meghahatuburu driver) number?

2. Is it safe to travel in this areas (I am scared for Moaists; especially after reading a news: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jamshedpur/maoist-carrying-45l-reward-arrested/articleshow/61483571.cms)?
Last edited by krriish22; Jan 18th, 2018 at 19:18..

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Cost of tour from tour operator for north sikkim tour May 30th, 2016 16:15 6 5601 Sikkim


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success