Budget Accomodation in Mudumalai or Masinagudi NP

#1 Mar 26th, 2009, 13:52
Join Date:
Mar 2008
Location:
Bhubaneswar
Posts:
178
  • patnayak is offline
#1
Hi All,
Please suggest some budget accommodation in Mudumalai NP.Also i wanted to know if Mudumalai can be reached via Bus or any public transportation from Bangalore.
#2 Mar 26th, 2009, 13:57
Join Date:
Feb 2007
Location:
Mumbai India
Posts:
170
Send a message via Yahoo to rahulcal
  • rahulcal is offline
#2
You can try Mudumalai Youth Hostel - Phone - 04232526580. This is an old number so may have changed


Secondly , I think there are buses from Bangalore but a lot more from Mysore I think -the KTDC website and redbus.in should be able to help you plan it out
#3 Mar 26th, 2009, 15:20
Join Date:
Aug 2008
Location:
Not set
Posts:
1,006
  • santos_g15 is offline
#3
mudhumalai is closed due to fores t fires and dryness.enquire before you leave.
#4 Mar 26th, 2009, 15:34
Join Date:
Mar 2008
Location:
Bhubaneswar
Posts:
178
  • patnayak is offline
#4
Thanx for the Info santos .I guess you were also travelling to mudhumalai NP .Any info on where to stay.Me and my wife would be travelling.
#5 Mar 26th, 2009, 16:38
Join Date:
Aug 2008
Location:
Not set
Posts:
1,006
  • santos_g15 is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnayak View Post Thanx for the Info santos .I guess you were also travelling to mudhumalai NP .Any info on where to stay.Me and my wife would be travelling.
I was thinking staying of jungle trails owned by mark davidar .great place for spotting wildlife.Its basically on the corridor used by animals.secret ivory at masinagudi is also good.http://www.secretivory.com/ .contact no 042326844 .please let me know how is the situation if you travel.
#6 Mar 26th, 2009, 18:04
Join Date:
Jun 2008
Location:
Back in Germany
Posts:
267
  • Cayle is offline
#6

Talking

Heh... I should have checked here before going through the pain of finding the DFO office's phone number and calling them. Mudumalai and they are also closed until April 11. The OP did not specifically ask about Mukurthi, but the upper ranges are also closed until at least April 15.

Santos, I saw your other thread looking for Mark Davidar's number. Did you ever find it? Or am I simply too unworthy to try bothering?
Blog - http://ayearinindia.wordpress.com/
Panoramo Photos - http://www.panoramio.com/user/1275355
Last edited by Cayle; Mar 26th, 2009 at 18:10.. Reason: hmmm... emoticon in a strange place
#7 Mar 26th, 2009, 20:31
Join Date:
Aug 2008
Location:
Not set
Posts:
1,006
  • santos_g15 is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayle View Post Heh... I should have checked here before going through the pain of finding the DFO office's phone number and calling them. Mudumalai and they are also closed until April 11. The OP did not specifically ask about Mukurthi, but the upper ranges are also closed until at least April 15.

Santos, I saw your other thread looking for Mark Davidar's number. Did you ever find it? Or am I simply too unworthy to try bothering?
hey go through http://www.indiamike.com/india/india...1829/new-post/

Mark probably doesnt want too many people these days i guess.he 's changed the number and wants to keep it known to a very few .
Anyway if you visit the place ,let me know the experience.
#8 Mar 30th, 2009, 19:00
Join Date:
Mar 2008
Location:
Bhubaneswar
Posts:
178
  • patnayak is offline
#8
Hey Santos,
Do you have any suggestions regarding stay in Bandipur NP.Me and my friend with our spouses would be travelling.Any budget accomodation would be great.Also i would like to know the safari timings and procedure to get into the safari .

Appreciate your help
Patnayak
#9 Mar 30th, 2009, 21:13
Join Date:
Aug 2008
Location:
Not set
Posts:
1,006
  • santos_g15 is offline
#9
In bandipur ,if the sanctuary is open (i beleive its closed) you can stay at forest department guest house itself.i will update the details later as i am in office now and dont have details.
#10 Mar 30th, 2009, 23:48
Join Date:
Feb 2008
Location:
Chennai
Posts:
88
  • pravman is offline
#10
Bandipur is open, whilst Mudumalai and Wayanad sanctuaries are closed. I wonder how. We're booked at Jungle lodges Bandipur in two weeks' time, they confirmed that the park is open.
#11 Mar 31st, 2009, 01:29
Join Date:
Aug 2008
Location:
Not set
Posts:
1,006
  • santos_g15 is offline
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnayak View Post Hey Santos,
Do you have any suggestions regarding stay in Bandipur NP.Me and my friend with our spouses would be travelling.Any budget accomodation would be great.Also i would like to know the safari timings and procedure to get into the safari .

Appreciate your help
Patnayak
Hi,

the best accomodation is one within the forest.Forest dept has five cottages and food can be arranged.contact 08229-236043 or deputy conservator ,bandipur,08229-236021.

other options are tusker trails and jungle lodges.if you want i will try to get their numbers.

rides :
elephant (20 mins)
bus (75 per head 45 mins)
jeep (1750 1 1/2 hrs)

let me know if you have any questions.
#12 Mar 31st, 2009, 13:03
Join Date:
Mar 2008
Location:
Bhubaneswar
Posts:
178
  • patnayak is offline
#12
Hey Santos,
Thanx for the answers .Can the forest dept cottages can be booked online?Tusker trails and Jungle lodges are a bit expensive..Any ways any luck with Cheetal Walks ,You were trying to contact Mark and secure a accomodation.
#13 Mar 31st, 2009, 15:22
Join Date:
Aug 2008
Location:
Not set
Posts:
1,006
  • santos_g15 is offline
#13
no .only through phone.Book the forest dept cottages the deers would right upto cottage.Everything else is far away from Forest.
#14 Mar 31st, 2009, 15:32
Join Date:
Feb 2008
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
38
  • ananth_tm is offline
#14
the tiger population in bandipur/ mudumalai area has increased significantly. This march has provided many ppl with their first spotting of tigers and leopards.
One of my friend spotted 6 tigers in bandipur (JLR safari) on 28th, me spotted 4 couple of weeks back right on the main road. So have a great trip and dont hesitate to take safari inside forest.
#15 Apr 6th, 2009, 23:04
Join Date:
Feb 2008
Location:
Chennai
Posts:
88
  • pravman is offline
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_tm View Post the tiger population in bandipur/ mudumalai area has increased significantly. This march has provided many ppl with their first spotting of tigers and leopards.
One of my friend spotted 6 tigers in bandipur (JLR safari) on 28th, me spotted 4 couple of weeks back right on the main road. So have a great trip and dont hesitate to take safari inside forest.
This is awesome news, we are booked at JLR bandipur this weekend, keeping my fingers crossed.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
budget accomodation in kanyakumari Mar 8th, 2009 22:12 4 2601 Tamil Nadu
looking for budget accomodation in mahabalipuram Mar 8th, 2007 10:57 3 1705 Tamil Nadu
Budget Accomodation in Haridwar Apr 10th, 2006 17:38 2 2865 Lodging and Hotels in India
Budget Accomodation in Pune Jan 15th, 2006 01:19 0 2290 Lodging and Hotels in India
budget accomodation in Kerela Dec 25th, 2002 19:15 2 2309 Lodging and Hotels in India


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success