A Trip to Nagzira National Park , February 2015
arupratan ghosh
India > India Travel > Indian Wildlife and National Parks
#46
| Forever Traveler

Originally posted by: arupratan ghosh View Post


1.Yes, you can hire a car from Gondia & reach the FRH s inside the park. In that case the vehicle entry charge is to be paid at the gate. But I think hiring a gypsy from chorkhamara gate is always a better option.

2. Sorry , I don't have any idea about that homestay. But there is electricity in Chorkhamara village. So I think battery charging will not be a problem there.


Thank you so much for the information.:)
-Paglaghora
Paren Asola Gue Leh Ajmer Gurudongmar Hogennakkal Orchha Raiganj Agartala

Phadamchen AritarTop Gnathang Lunghtu Akpa Gramphoo Hee Osiyan Rampur Attargo
#47
| Maha Guru Member
Enjoyed reading the report and have added this destination to my bucket list.
"A gentle breeze was blowing. We sat there for a while & enjoyed the beautiful landscape of the lake & the tranquility of the green valley illuminated by the soft light of late winter"-A romantic and a poet-without doubt.
#48
| Senior Member
Excellent TR along with some awesome snaps !!! Planning for Tadoba sometime in this year.

Pray to be lucky enough as you to get those wonderful sightings !!!
#49
| Try to be a Traveler....not a Tourist
I missed it or forget it.........:confused:

Excellent AG. But a problem gradually rising over the year.... How can I view all the beauties in this short life (at least in my country)?????????????????????? :mad:
#50
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: Earthian View Post

Enjoyed reading the report and have added this destination to my bucket list.


Thanks Earthian for your comments :)

Originally posted by: Anusree View Post

Excellent TR along with some awesome snaps !!! Planning for Tadoba sometime in this year.

Pray to be lucky enough as you to get those wonderful sightings !!!


Thanks, Good luck for your Tadoba trip , Anusree .

Originally posted by: dcyouth View Post

I missed it or forget it.........:confused:

Excellent AG. But a problem gradually rising over the year.... How can I view all the beauties in this short life (at least in my country)?????????????????????? :mad:


Thanks DC .. I also have the same question :D Mother India only knows the answer, I think !
#51
| Senior Member
wow....what sighting of the majestic tigress.
Excellent TR...thanks :)
Warm Regards
Soma

My travel blog

http://thetravellerweare.blogspot.in/
#52
| Maha Guru Member
Hi AG,

Planning Nagzira next month.


Wanted to know about the accomodation that you mentioned just outside the Chorkhamara gate.

What are the charges for double bed room?

If i wish to stay for a night inside the forest(Madhukunj/Latakunj) then how to reach...because I am planning to spend two days in the lodge outside the forest and one day inside....I will do two safaris from the guest house on two consecutive days...but on the third day how will i reach inside the forest for spending one night there...
Sair kar duniya ki galib,yeh zindagani phir kahan..

********************************
Some of my compilations in Flickr
#53
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: life1style1 View Post



Wanted to know about the accomodation that you mentioned just outside the Chorkhamara gate.

What are the charges for double bed room?



We stayed at Nagzira Tiger resort , around 100 Mtrs away from Chorkhamara Gate. We booked package for 2N/3D including food. In fact there is no restaurant in Chorkhamara village . So it's better to book including food packages. Besides they prepare really tasty food (both Veg / Non Veg ). The charge was (in Feb 2015) around 3 K per room Per day (for Non AC Double , incl food for 2 persons ) . If you stay for more than one days they offer discounts. Please check Post no # 30 of this thread for contact details.


Originally posted by: life1style1 View Post



If i wish to stay for a night inside the forest(Madhukunj/Latakunj) then how to reach...because I am planning to spend two days in the lodge outside the forest and one day inside....I will do two safaris from the guest house on two consecutive days...but on the third day how will i reach inside the forest for spending one night there...


Yes, you can do that. You have to book Latakunj / Madhukunj FRH through Maharashtra Govt Portal ( for the link please check Post no #30) . As far as I know, electricity connection is not available in these FRHs. All these accommodations are near Nagzira Lake & in the same compound ( except 'Niloy' the VIP Bungalow, on the opposite bank of the lake). You may stay first 2 days in the lodge outside the gate . They offer Gypsy booking facility for safaris. So on Day 3 you may book the same Gypsy for a night stay inside the forest at Latakunj / Madhukunj . BTW, while doing safaris from outside you have to halt at these FRHs for some formalities. It's mandatory for each Gypsy / Private vehicle to register their vehicle details at Choukashi , where these FRHs are located. Hope this helps. If you have any other query , please feel free to make a post :)
#54
| Maha Guru Member
Thanks AG.:)

I would not prefer to keep the gypsy for the entire night and pay the night charges.
Can Mr.Sudhakar arrange for a pickup drop to and from the lodge to the FRH inside?We can also use the same vehicle to return to Gondia...

Also is it possible to book safaris from the FRH...i mean if I am halting for a night in the FRH..I would wish to do a morning safari and board a train from Gondia in the afternoon..
Sair kar duniya ki galib,yeh zindagani phir kahan..

********************************
Some of my compilations in Flickr
#55
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: life1style1 View Post


I would not prefer to keep the gypsy for the entire night and pay the night charges.
Can Mr.Sudhakar arrange for a pickup drop to and from the lodge to the FRH inside?We can also use the same vehicle to return to Gondia...

Also is it possible to book safaris from the FRH...i mean if I am halting for a night in the FRH..I would wish to do a morning safari and board a train from Gondia in the afternoon..


Yes, they can arrange private vehicles also. But it is always advisable to keep a car / Gypsy with you while staying inside the National Park. BTW, Gypsy owners do not charge anything extra for night-stay inside the park. You have to pay the charges for 2 safaris ( one evening + one morning , 1800 X 2 = 3600 Rs ) only . This rate is fixed by the National Park authority. Vehicle entry fees + guide charges + per head entry fees + Camera charges will be extra , payable at the entry gate. You can have two safaris inside the park along with the transfers .
#56
| Maha Guru Member
Thanks AG.

That is a good idea,instead of keeping a separate car inside the forest we can pay for 2 safaris and on the next day ask to drop us at the main gate...from there we can hire a car for Gondia Stn..

How much does a car charge for picup-drop from Gondia to the park?

Also does the car goes till the FRH inside the forest if we want to get inside directly from Gondia Jn?
Sair kar duniya ki galib,yeh zindagani phir kahan..

********************************
Some of my compilations in Flickr
#57
| Love for the rain, again ..
Yes , you can take the car inside the park. We hired an Alto . Paid 1200 Rs ( for Gondia to Chorkhamara ) in 2015. Charge for Bolero was around 1500 Rs. I think two nights in Nagzira ( one night in FRH & one night stay at the resort outside Chorkhamara Gate ) with 4 safaris should be fine. If you allow I can chalk out an itinerary for your team. Please let me know :)
#58
| Maha Guru Member
Thank AG.:)

Ohh sure why not...please chalk out one...our dates :

26th -Gitanjali
27 -
28 -
29th-Howrah mail
Sair kar duniya ki galib,yeh zindagani phir kahan..

********************************
Some of my compilations in Flickr
#59
| Love for the rain, again ..

Originally posted by: life1style1 View Post



29th-Howrah mail


Hi L1S1,

Have you booked your tickets ? If no, can you board LTT-Shalimar Express Or Howrah Express from Gondia for the onward journey on 29th ? This will help you to complete the last safari comfortably . Please reply. I'll chalk out the plan accordingly :)
#60
| Maha Guru Member
AG,

We have booked the return tickets in Howrah mail at 13:16 from Gondia...I need to join office on 30th..
Sair kar duniya ki galib,yeh zindagani phir kahan..

********************************
Some of my compilations in Flickr