Post your waitlist questions here ONLY

#1 Sep 14th, 2005, 18:12
Join Date:
Sep 2005
Location:
White Plains, New York
Posts:
3,948
  • nadreg is offline
#1
This discussion thread is meant for Waitlist questions for the Indian Railways. If you do not know the meaning of Waitlist for Indian Trains, then please read this article that describes the concepts of Wait Lists (WL) and Reservations Against Cancellation (RAC).

Also, when requesting information on this thread, please post the following details of your travel:
  • Train Number
  • Date of Travel
  • Class of Travel
  • Departure Station
  • Destination Station
  • WL Status at booking
  • WL Status Current

If you know your PNR you can use this site to check your current status. http://www.indianrail.gov.in/pnr_Enq.html
Last edited by Dave W; Dec 27th, 2013 at 14:15.. Reason: PNR link added.
#14116 Dec 28th, 2017, 23:14
Join Date:
Jan 2017
Location:
UK
Posts:
237
  • Newworld is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnsnaz View Post Current Status is RAC 40, RAC 41.

Still 15 seats in LBQ, 4 in defence and 2 in PH.

I will update the final status tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed.
You should easily get confirmed tickets when the reservation chart is prepared.

But only today, on another thread, we were informed of a real shock waitlist result.

A member had a waitlisted ticket that moved to RAC 44, there was still 2 days to go, 19 x 3A carriages, so a huge HO quota, I told the member his ticket was as close to confirmed as it could get, then the reservation chart was prepared, and he'd been moved back to a waitlist position, it's extremely rare for this to happen, I had a little rant about this in the following link, mainly because Indian Railways still sold Tatkal tickets, even when they must have known 'confirmed' passengers had been moved back into the waitlist.

http://www.indiamike.com/india/india...8/#post2071098
#14117 Dec 28th, 2017, 23:47
Join Date:
Dec 2017
Location:
New delhi
Posts:
16
  • spetnsnaz is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworld View Post You should easily get confirmed tickets when the reservation chart is prepared.

But only today, on another thread, we were informed of a real shock waitlist result.

A member had a waitlisted ticket that moved to RAC 44, there was still 2 days to go, 19 x 3A carriages, so a huge HO quota, I told the member his ticket was as close to confirmed as it could get, then the reservation chart was prepared, and he'd been moved back to a waitlist position, it's extremely rare for this to happen, I had a little rant about this in the following link, mainly because Indian Railways still sold Tatkal tickets, even when they must have known 'confirmed' passengers had been moved back into the waitlist.

http://www.indiamike.com/india/india...8/#post2071098

Such situation is extremely rare but still how the status can be downgraded From RAC to WL? Is there any rule for that?
#14118 Dec 29th, 2017, 00:12
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
31,288
  • aarosh is offline
All that I could think of is availability of rake. Possibly a rake developed technical snag and it could not be replaced by the scheduled departure time or they did not have a rake with the side middle berth. So had to adjust the confirmed passengers and utilize whatever was remaining for the x no. of RAC passengers.
#14119 Dec 29th, 2017, 00:17
Join Date:
Dec 2017
Location:
New delhi
Posts:
16
  • spetnsnaz is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post All that I could think of is availability of rake. Possibly a rake developed technical snag and it could not be replaced by the scheduled departure time or they did not have a rake with the side middle berth. So had to adjust the confirmed passengers and utilize whatever was remaining for the x no. of RAC passengers.
That seems the most logical explanation to me. Faulty rake could lead to such situation.
#14120 Dec 29th, 2017, 01:14
Join Date:
Jan 2017
Location:
UK
Posts:
237
  • Newworld is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post All that I could think of is availability of rake. Possibly a rake developed technical snag and it could not be replaced by the scheduled departure time or they did not have a rake with the side middle berth. So had to adjust the confirmed passengers and utilize whatever was remaining for the x no. of RAC passengers.
As far as I'm aware, side middle berths haven't been used in Garib Rath's for a couple of years.

If there were a problem, they shouldn't have sold Tatkal tickets at the expense of confirmed ticket holders.

If the problem was realised after Tatkal tickets sold, then Tatkal ticket holders should be the people who lose out, tickets booked weeks/months in advance should always take priority.

I wonder what a court would make of Indian Railways actions towards their customers.
#14121 Dec 29th, 2017, 02:27
Join Date:
Dec 2017
Location:
New delhi
Posts:
16
  • spetnsnaz is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newworld View Post As far as I'm aware, side middle berths haven't been used in Garib Rath's for a couple of years.

If there were a problem, they shouldn't have sold Tatkal tickets at the expense of confirmed ticket holders.

If the problem was realised after Tatkal tickets sold, then Tatkal ticket holders should be the people who lose out, tickets booked weeks/months in advance should always take priority.

I wonder what a court would make of Indian Railways actions towards their customers.
There is some shady ways how railway works and must be made accountable. Hope the guy takes proper steps..
#14122 Dec 29th, 2017, 07:11
Join Date:
Dec 2017
Location:
New delhi
Posts:
16
  • spetnsnaz is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnsnaz View Post Current Status is RAC 40, RAC 41.

Still 15 seats in LBQ, 4 in defence and 2 in PH.

I will update the final status tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed.
Final Status after chart preparation RB2 55, RB2 55. ( Still happy as we got same lower birth that too side! )

Any chance of change now? What about the chart prepared before 30 mins of departure?
#14123 Dec 29th, 2017, 08:06
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
31,288
  • aarosh is offline
Now if there is any change it will happen on the train after the TTE comes to know of some passengers who didn't board the train.

As far as I know charts are prepared only once unless you board from a internediate major junction which has a quota of its own.
#14124 Jan 25th, 2018, 18:41
Join Date:
Jan 2018
Location:
Stockport UK
Posts:
2
  • thejointmaster is offline
#14124

Rlwl

Hello. Please forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I am new to this.
I have booked an e ticket for two people 2AC. Agra to Udaipur on 1st of February. The ticket shows RLWL . I have checked the status and it shows RWLW 1 and RWLW 2 and CONFIRMTKT STATUS. CONFIRM. Does this mean that I will get a ticket to travel or will I have to wait until 4 hours before departure to find out?
There are 38 tickets available in sleeper class would it be an idea to book two of these as a backup and cancel if I get the 2AC.
PRN 2603859605
Regards Richard
#14125 Jan 25th, 2018, 18:59
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
India
Posts:
13,032
  • Prakaant is offline
You have got your berths confirmed. The berths will be allotted during charting.
#14126 Jan 25th, 2018, 19:54
Join Date:
Jan 2018
Location:
Stockport UK
Posts:
2
  • thejointmaster is offline
Thanks for that. I was thinking that I would arrive at the station and find I had no ticket, and would have to spend another night in Agra.
#14127 Jan 25th, 2018, 19:58
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
31,288
  • aarosh is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejointmaster View Post I have checked the status and it shows RWLW 1 and RWLW 2 and CONFIRMTKT STATUS. CONFIRM.
Your ticket is still in wait list status. The application where your checked, confirmtxt, predicts that your ticket will be confirmed.
#14128 Feb 1st, 2018, 18:29
Join Date:
May 2011
Location:
South Korea
Posts:
6
  • mvdberg112 is offline
#14128

Post 14041, MUSSOORIE Express on February 6

I was wondering how big the chance is below ticket will be confirmed on the Mussoorie Express on Feb 6th.

Train Number : 14041, the MUSSOORIE EXP
Date of Travel: 06-Feb-2018
Class of Travel: SL
Departure Station: DLI (Delhi)
Destination Station: DDN (Dehradun)
WL Status at booking: 56 or 48
WL Status Current: 48 (it was at booking already 56 -> 48) Still 48. So I am not sure if it dropped 12 places in the few minutes I made the payment or what.
Quota: GN

Thanks for the marvelous help you are providing!
#14129 Feb 1st, 2018, 19:38
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
India
Posts:
13,032
  • Prakaant is offline
56-> 48 means, your status was 56 persons booked in SL and 8 persons had cancelled their tickets till the time you booked your ticket.

There are chances you may be adjusted in RAC. It means , you may be adjusted on side lower berth and you will have to share your berth with someone else. TTE will adjust you in a vacant berth, if so happens.
#14130 Feb 11th, 2018, 02:01
Join Date:
Nov 2016
Location:
BANGALORE
Posts:
4
  • saifmwahid is offline
Train No. - 16590
Date - 14.02.2018
Class - 1A
From - BGM
To - SBC
Booking Status - RLWL3, RLWL4
Current Status - RLWL3, RLWL4
Quota - GN

Please kindly analyze this info and predict the final charting status. Thanks.
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Difference between General Waitlist and Tatkal Waitlist May 19th, 2015 22:13 18 164441 Indian Railways
General:Waitlist(19) and Tatkal:Waitlist(1)? Nov 6th, 2011 13:22 5 10681 Goa


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success