Ladies Quota online Booking And Lower Berths
cool: Hello this is my first post here.
I want to Book tickets in sleeper class for 2 ladies (Senior citizens) and currently there are 6 seats available in the ladies quota.After browsing through similar threads I have learned that (please correct me if I Am wrong) there are only 6 seats in the ladies quota in a train:confused:.The ladies quota seats are near toilets??? :ThumbsDowAnd we cannot book two lower berths together and have to book the tickets separately if we want two lower berths from the Ladies quota.So if I while booking the tickets through IRCTC website choose the option of booking only if two lower berths are available will I not be able to book in Ladies quota.
Now a days the separate ladies' coup in the sleeper coach had been abolished...
I think you'll get lower berths if you give choice of berths...as in your case both the passengers are senior citizen ladies.
2. To book ticket against Ladies Quota, it isn't necessary to book single tickets.
3. Male aged above 60 years and Female aged above 45 years are eligible to book against Lower Berth Quota. (Seperate tickets)
4. Male ages above 60 years and Female aged above 58 years are eligible for a concession of 40% and 50% respectively. (They may or may not travel alone)
5. Earmarking of berths against specific quota is done by the system. You cannot judge the same from before.
6. Bookings against Ladies Quota shall not guarentee you confirmed Lower Berths. You may provide an option of Lower Berths, and put a tick mark against the box saying "Book if one/two Lower Berth/s are available". In case the same situation is not fulfilled, the system shall not book your tickets and the money debited shall be credited back to your account within 3-4 working days.
Kindly put up a search for Senior Citizen/Lower Berth Quota. If available, kindly book seperate tickets. You may or may not get the berths together.
You would further be eligible for concession of 50% on the basic fare. Kindly remember to tell the passengers to carry valid id proof as prescribed by Indian Railways in support of the identity of the passenger and age, based on which the concession has been availed. In case id proof cannot be presented in the train, the TTE shall charge the difference in fare, Actual Fare-Concession, and issue an EFT (Excess Fare Ticket).
Do you have any official documents to show that a lady of 45 years can book her ticket under Senior Citizen quota...???
Please post it here for the benefit of others...
Have you edited your last post??? ;)
|All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 17:01.|
© IndiaMike.com 2018