IRCTC next-gen e-ticketing website revamped!

#31 Oct 23rd, 2018, 08:50
Join Date:
Jun 2007
Location:
Sydney, Aus
Posts:
57
  • edblax is offline
#31
I'm on top of how FT works, I'm just trying to work out the behaviour of the new site so we know how everything works going forward.

This isn't about any individual trip, which is why I asked about the system and not about any individual trip.

I'm sure I will end up buying tatkal online like I have for 90% of my trips in the last few years. But I'm still curious about how the FT quota system works these days, and I'm sure many others are too.
#32 Oct 23rd, 2018, 08:51
Join Date:
Jun 2007
Location:
Sydney, Aus
Posts:
57
  • edblax is offline
#32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldandRambling View Post
Some trains only have the tourist quota in the lowest class, so I guess these won't show up at all on the new site, if you search "tourist quota"...
I would guess the same, based on current information.

Probably a good thing TBH as it increases the likelihood that someone who's actually stuck will snag a last minute 3A or SL ticket at the FTQ desk like the good old days.
#33 Oct 23rd, 2018, 12:44
Join Date:
Oct 2009
Location:
NOTTINGHAM
Posts:
1,614
  • OldandRambling is online now
#33
Quote:
Originally Posted by edblax View Post I'm on top of how FT works, I'm just trying to work out the behaviour of the new site so we know how everything works going forward.

This isn't about any individual trip, which is why I asked about the system and not about any individual trip.

I'm sure I will end up buying tatkal online like I have for 90% of my trips in the last few years. But I'm still curious about how the FT quota system works these days, and I'm sure many others are too.
No worries, it sounds as if you have more idea about the systems than I do, I have never ventured into "Tatkal" territory at all...

Ed.
#34 Oct 25th, 2018, 16:50
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,269
  • vsp27759 is offline
#34
Quote:
Originally Posted by edblax View Post Probably a good thing TBH as it increases the likelihood that someone who's actually stuck will snag a last minute 3A or SL ticket at the FTQ desk like the good old days.
## Please expand TBH.

## Please take a look at this:
-------------------------------------------------
12728 - GODAVARI EXP GODAVARI EXP 25-10-2018 HYDERABAD DECAN - HYB VISAKHAPATNAM - VSKP FT
S. No. Date (DD-MM-YYYY) Class - SL
1 25-10-2018 NOT AVAILABLE
2 26-10-2018 AVAILABLE-0002
3 27-10-2018 AVAILABLE-0002
4 28-10-2018 AVAILABLE-0002
5 29-10-2018 AVAILABLE-0002
6 30-10-2018 AVAILABLE-0002
------------------------------------------------------

## Generally, the FTQ will be 2 berths in each Class of Travel.
#35 Oct 25th, 2018, 17:09
Join Date:
Oct 2009
Location:
NOTTINGHAM
Posts:
1,614
  • OldandRambling is online now
#35
TBH means, to be honest. Sometimes used instead of saying "on the other hand".

I have noticed some trains which have tourist quota only in the sleeper class, nothing above. Not complaining, just saying...

Ed.
#36 Oct 25th, 2018, 17:15
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,269
  • vsp27759 is offline
#36
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldandRambling View Post I have noticed some trains which have tourist quota only in the sleeper class, nothing above. Not complaining, just saying...

Ed.
## By any chance, do you post messages in IRFCA as "Caravanman"?

## Can you provide the Numbers of the Train(s), if you can recollect?
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board : Website Revamped Jul 15th, 2013 18:14 54 26837 Jammu
Delhi's revamped airport...where to stay? Sep 24th, 2011 18:09 6 2225 International India Flights
Revamped Himachal Tourism site to be launched today evening Oct 5th, 2008 17:40 22 2686 Himachal Pradesh


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success