IRCTC 6 Transaction Limit Question.

#1 Aug 1st, 2018, 00:48
Join Date:
Jul 2018
Location:
Crawley
Posts:
25
  • Wilfko is offline
#1
Hi guys,

Quick questions which i'm sure you will be able to answer with ease (Cant find online).

I am arriving in Delhi for a 6 week trip 26th September and have booked the main overnight train legs up North (prebooked much less down south), but I have come up against the 6 transaction limit 'per month'.

Does this 'Per month' mean I can only BOOK 6 transactions in a calender month, or I can only actually get on 6 Prebook trains per month. So I've booked them this month (July), will I be able to book 6 more in 30days time? Or is it the fact that I have 6 trains in a month when I'm actually there and travelling?

Cheers
#2 Aug 1st, 2018, 00:53
Join Date:
Jul 2018
Location:
Crawley
Posts:
25
  • Wilfko is offline
#2
Also with the 6 bookings i've made through the IRCTC Website I didn't select Foreign Tourist Quota, Does this make any difference at all? I selected that I was from the UK and provided my passport number.
#3 Aug 1st, 2018, 01:19
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
1,078
  • ukdoctor is offline
#3
Probably have to wait for the resident experts to wake up but as far as i know the Foreign tourist quota is different from the general quota and is meant to help tourists get tickets at a shorter notice .

i am also visiting from the UK and have just booked a few tickets on the general quota for early october . I could not see anything preventing a foreign tourist from doing so.( I am travelling with a british passport )

i had a look at my e ticket and do not remember having to enter my passport details anywhere?? booked tickets on cleartrip.


Regarding number of transactions from what I could see it was 6 per month. It is unlikely that you have to wait for 30 days after booking 6 tickets and it probably means a calendar month.

Another thing what i found out is that if you are travelling as a group then each ticket can have several passengers on it and you can do 6 of these. Also if in a group though you need to submit the name/age and sex of all passengers on a ticket , only one of these passengers have to show the ID.
#4 Aug 1st, 2018, 01:27
Join Date:
Jul 2018
Location:
Crawley
Posts:
25
  • Wilfko is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post Probably have to wait for the resident experts to wake up but as far as i know the Foreign tourist quota is different from the general quota and is meant to help tourists get tickets at a shorter notice .

i am also visiting from the UK and have just booked a few tickets on the general quota. I could not see anything preventing a foreign tourist from doing so.( I am travelling with a british passport )

i had a look at my e ticket and do not remember having to enter my passport details anywhere?? booked tickets on cleartrip.


Regarding number of transactions from what I could see it was 6 per month. It is unlikely that you have to wait for 30 days after booking 6 tickets and it probably means a calendar month.

Another thing what i found out is that if you are travelling as a group then each ticket can have several passengers on it and you can do 6 of these. Also if in a group though you need to submit the name/age and sex of all passengers on a ticket , only one of these passengers have to show the ID.
Yeah I understand the Foreign Quota is from a different 'Pool', I booked all 6 of my trains from the General Quota I believe, I noticed the Tourist Quota has a r200 booking fee so maybe it was cheaper going general?

That's good to hear, so I should be able to book more tickets online in the month running up to my trip.
#5 Aug 1st, 2018, 01:31
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
1,078
  • ukdoctor is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfko View Post Yeah I understand the Foreign Quota is from a different 'Pool', I booked all 6 of my trains from the General Quota I believe, I noticed the Tourist Quota has a r200 booking fee so maybe it was cheaper going general?

That's good to hear, so I should be able to book more tickets online in the month running up to my trip.

Have you tried again tonight. It is 1st August in India now
#6 Aug 1st, 2018, 01:32
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
32,517
  • aarosh is offline
#6
The restriction is 6 tickets in a calendar month per user. This includes tickets which were booked and cancelled in the month.

Nowadays FTQ tickets can be booked online by a user. However when one enter the user name and password your meter starts ticking and stops when the number reaches 6.

One can book 6 more tickets in the next calendar month.

For members who have a Aadhar card and update their profile with the card number they can book upto 12 tickets in a calendar month.

A ticket can have a maximum of 6 travelers.
#7 Aug 1st, 2018, 01:35
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
1,078
  • ukdoctor is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post The restriction is 6 tickets in a calendar month per user. This includes tickets which were booked and cancelled in the month.

One can book 6 more tickets in the next calendar month.

For members who have a Aadhar card and update their profile with the card number they can book upto 12 tickets in a calendar month.

A ticket can have a maximum of 6 travelers.
Does the e-ticket have to have an ID number on it ( passport/PAN). I checked my eticket and there is none . Do i just have to show an ID with the same name as the ticket ?
#8 Aug 1st, 2018, 01:44
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
32,517
  • aarosh is offline
#8
It is not necessary to have the id mentioned on the e-ticket. All you need to do is travel with a valid photo id proof document. For foreigners passport will work.

During my recent travels with my family the TTE just looked at ticket and moved on. Did not ask to show an id. On another occasion when I was traveling alone was asked to show my id.
#9 Aug 1st, 2018, 06:07
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,566
  • nycank is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post
During my recent travels with my family the TTE just looked at ticket and moved on. Did not ask to show an id. On another occasion when I was traveling alone was asked to show my id.
On a recent journey, I boarded in the wee hours @ GGN in 1A, and the TTE, did'nt look at any ticket or ID.

Early morning, at a stop while having chai, I asked him, (given the tamasha I hear here) His comment: "One solo pax, wee hours, gets on board, and just announces his name before I can ask...." koi-gal-nayee (no problem)

Cons.Officers, Immigration/Border Control/ Officers & TTE, have seen 'em all. They have an internal heuristics that guides their decision making
#10 Aug 1st, 2018, 11:08
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
1,078
  • ukdoctor is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycank View Post On a recent journey, I boarded in the wee hours @ GGN in 1A, and the TTE, did'nt look at any ticket or ID.

Early morning, at a stop while having chai, I asked him, (given the tamasha I hear here) His comment: "One solo pax, wee hours, gets on board, and just announces his name before I can ask...." koi-gal-nayee (no problem)

Cons.Officers, Immigration/Border Control/ Officers & TTE, have seen 'em all. They have an internal heuristics that guides their decision making
"When you see a tiger you dont go near it and look for its ID, you know it is one and keep quiet*"

Probably that is what the TTE did!!

* The above quote is from a relative of mine. A long time ago he took a few of us to a very exclusive place (Only for members of a organisation).We were all let in without any ID check of the relative. I asked whether the security knew who he was. This was his reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
IRCTC Monthly limit 6 tickets or 6 transactions Aug 29th, 2016 14:53 1 1144 Indian Railways
Refund of failure transaction IRCTC Apr 10th, 2013 12:30 6 20853 Indian Railways
A failed transaction in irctc and money is not refund Jan 30th, 2013 16:09 9 27823 You Are Not Alone
Refund Of Money For Failed Transaction IRCTC Apr 25th, 2012 18:09 4 16891 Indian Railways


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success