Can I Buy A Ticket From Counter For A Train Which Has Regret Booking on Internet.

Reply
#1 Mar 21st, 2011, 09:47
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
guntur
Posts:
145
  • gunturboy26 is offline
#1
Journey date is April 1st. Got one confirmed SL ticket for Dhanbad Express 13352. Need one more SL ticket. Can't buy online as it is showing 'REGRET/WL 200'.

So now can i buy a S/L ticket from the counter and board the train, i will share the confirmed berth of my friend.

Or as it is showing 'REGRET/WL 200' on net, i cannot buy a ticket even from a counter.

Please give me some info, thanks a lot in advance.
#2 Mar 21st, 2011, 09:51
Join Date:
Jan 2011
Location:
SADDI DELHI
Posts:
95
  • p_aashu is offline
#2
If you have a foriegn passport then you can buy ticket in special kota against payment in dollars.or if you are giving rupees then you have to show the exchange receipt of foreign currency to rupees.

YOU CAN ONLY BUY SPECIAL KOTA TICKETS FROM RAILWAY COUNTER.
#3 Mar 21st, 2011, 10:33
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
guntur
Posts:
145
  • gunturboy26 is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_aashu View Post If you have a foriegn passport then you can buy ticket in special kota against payment in dollars.or if you are giving rupees then you have to show the exchange receipt of foreign currency to rupees.

YOU CAN ONLY BUY SPECIAL KOTA TICKETS FROM RAILWAY COUNTER.
No, i live in India. I dont have foreign passport.
#4 Mar 21st, 2011, 10:47
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
32,618
  • aarosh is offline
#4
I don't think you can get a ticket from the counter. When there is a Regret status it means tickets will no longer be issued.
#5 Mar 21st, 2011, 10:57
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunturboy26 View Post So now can i buy a S/L ticket from the counter and board the train, i will share the confirmed berth of my friend.
You can not buy a Reserved ticket in the as others have mentioned.

Tatkal is still an option. First try this.

If above Tatkal fails. If you want to travel by the same train and share your friends confirmed berth, then just buy a general class ticket on the day of travel, on boarding ask the TTE to write an excess fare ticket for the reservation charges and you can then travel in the reserved coach sharing your friends berth. This doesn't entitle you to a separate berth though.
#6 Mar 21st, 2011, 12:41
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,796
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post I don't think you can get a ticket from the counter. When there is a Regret status it means tickets will no longer be issued.
Wrong idea.
If there are sufficient cancellations, tickets would again start to be sold but only till the a saturation point.
#7 Mar 21st, 2011, 13:32
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post If there are sufficient cancellations, tickets would again start to be sold but only till the a saturation point.
Thats correct. Didn't factor that point. Thanks for correcting.
#8 Mar 21st, 2011, 14:31
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,269
  • vsp27759 is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.d View Post Thats correct. Didn't factor that point. Thanks for correcting.
##No,Sir. Once the REGRET level is reached, further bookings are NOT allowed, even if there are cancellations.

Dear Mr.gunturboy,

##Unless you like to keep it confidential, can you please spell out the Stations between which you wanted to travel, and also the Class of Travel?
#9 Mar 21st, 2011, 16:55
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,796
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsp27759 View Post ##No,Sir. Once the REGRET level is reached, further bookings are NOT allowed, even if there are cancellations.

Dear Mr.gunturboy,

##Unless you like to keep it confidential, can you please spell out the Stations between which you wanted to travel, and also the Class of Travel?
Sir,
With all due respect, there is no point in always contradicting to my statements. Obviously I do not seem inexperienced about IR.
Once there is sufficient cancellations, why wouldn the bookings start again? There has been enough cancellations, the limit of the saturation point has come down. Why wouldn the railways start issuing tickets again?

Imagine a situation:
I am having a cold drinks in a glass. I wouldn pour more of the drinks once the glass is full. But when I drinks some of it and the portion of the glass becomes empty, why wont I start filling it up again?
#10 Mar 21st, 2011, 20:50
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
guntur
Posts:
145
  • gunturboy26 is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.d View Post You can not buy a Reserved ticket in the as others have mentioned.

Tatkal is still an option. First try this.

If above Tatkal fails. If you want to travel by the same train and share your friends confirmed berth, then just buy a general class ticket on the day of travel, on boarding ask the TTE to write an excess fare ticket for the reservation charges and you can then travel in the reserved coach sharing your friends berth. This doesn't entitle you to a separate berth though.
Yeah, let me check the tatkal.

So if i go to the station and fill in the form for this 'Regret' train, wont the issuing man issue me a ticket?

If i dont mind standing, i can buy a ticket and board the train, right? (in my case, i have one confirmed ticket).

What do you mean by 'general class ticket', i dont get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsp27759 View Post ##No,Sir. Once the REGRET level is reached, further bookings are NOT allowed, even if there are cancellations.

Dear Mr.gunturboy,

##Unless you like to keep it confidential, can you please spell out the Stations between which you wanted to travel, and also the Class of Travel?
The journey is from Chennai to Chirala. I have already mentioned the class. I have one SL ticket confirmed and i want one more SL.
#11 Mar 21st, 2011, 20:53
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
32,618
  • aarosh is offline
#11
General Class Ticket would mean an unreserved ticket.
#12 Mar 21st, 2011, 20:57
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
guntur
Posts:
145
  • gunturboy26 is offline
#12
Forgot to tell you, i have also booked two 3A class tickets for the same journey. And they are W/L 4 and W/L 5. Will they get confirmed?

If they get confirmed we will travel by these 3A tickets and cancel the confirmed SL ticket.
#13 Mar 21st, 2011, 20:59
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
guntur
Posts:
145
  • gunturboy26 is offline
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post General Class Ticket would mean an unreserved ticket.
What do you write in the form for a general class ticket? No code for this general class?
#14 Mar 21st, 2011, 20:59
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
guntur
Posts:
145
  • gunturboy26 is offline
#14
Thank you for the replies, appreciate you all.
#15 Mar 21st, 2011, 21:04
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
32,618
  • aarosh is offline
#15
Just go the ticket counter at Chennai and ask for a ticket to your destination station. The ticket that you will get will be something like you get for a local train ticket in Chennai.
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Internet train-booking.HELP! May 4th, 2012 22:31 10 3076 Indian Railways
should I buy a train ticket to Agra or buy a day tour ? Jul 28th, 2009 18:23 11 2729 Delhi
Regret / RAC4 booking not allowed Jul 22nd, 2009 15:24 6 9439 Indian Railways
Delhi to Agra - internet booking or just turn up and get a ticket on the day? Jun 4th, 2009 14:54 5 1706 Indian Railways
Internet train booking (Old Thread) Mar 29th, 2005 08:52 25 14159 Indian Railways


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success