Buying a ticket for someone else without me travelling

#1 Aug 18th, 2018, 21:51
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
870
  • ukdoctor is offline
#1
Due to the floods in Kerala a lot of colleagues from Kerala are travelling from the UK to Kerala to help with relief work .

Some of them do not have irctc accounts and may not be able to sort these out quickly.

I was wondering if I could buy train tickets for them using my cleartrip account. I know that I have to be 'travelling ' as well . I am happy to pay for an extra ticket for me who will be invisible passenger (Its only around 200 rupees) .

At least the group will have confirmed sleeper births on the train.

Is this possible? From what I know only 1 person in the group has to show ID . Does this have to be the person who booked the ticket ?
#2 Aug 18th, 2018, 22:00
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
31,846
  • aarosh is offline
#2
Possible. I have booked tickets for my friends on my ID with out traveling with them. It should be fine.

I am not sure what details would a member, from outside India, need to enter while booking the tickets.
#3 Aug 18th, 2018, 23:27
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
North Rhine-Westphalia
Posts:
7,021
  • Golghar is offline
#3
Just enter their passport numbers. This works on IRCTC so it should work on Cleartrip.
#4 Aug 18th, 2018, 23:27
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,181
  • nycank is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
Is this possible? From what I know only 1 person in the group has to show ID . Does this have to be the person who booked the ticket ?
My Friends and Family do it often for the tweens in their families.

ID:Normally the lead name in the list.
#5 Aug 19th, 2018, 00:57
Join Date:
Dec 2006
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
1,025
  • aloke_m is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post Due to the floods in Kerala a lot of colleagues from Kerala are travelling from the UK to Kerala to help with relief work .

Some of them do not have irctc accounts and may not be able to sort these out quickly.

I was wondering if I could buy train tickets for them using my cleartrip account. I know that I have to be 'travelling ' as well . I am happy to pay for an extra ticket for me who will be invisible passenger (Its only around 200 rupees) .

At least the group will have confirmed sleeper births on the train.

Is this possible? From what I know only 1 person in the group has to show ID . Does this have to be the person who booked the ticket ?
There is absolutely no need for the person from whose account the ticket was booked to be a traveller on the ticket. You can go ahead and book for your colleagues without hassles. You might need to enter their passport numbers while booking (and they need to carry them while travelling, which they would do anyway)
#6 Aug 19th, 2018, 15:32
Join Date:
Jan 2016
Location:
Faridabad {fraudabad}
Posts:
668
  • RahulDeva is offline
#6
Is it a requirement of cleartrip? As irctc has no such rule. At least didn't have till last month.
#7 Aug 19th, 2018, 15:51
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
870
  • ukdoctor is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulDeva View Post Is it a requirement of cleartrip? As irctc has no such rule. At least didn't have till last month.
It was forcing me to put my name on the list of people travelling when I checked it yesterday..

Could be a bug..Will check again and report.
#8 Aug 20th, 2018, 23:29
Join Date:
Aug 2010
Location:
United Kingdom
Posts:
870
  • ukdoctor is offline
#8
Thanks everyone. Managed to book tickets for friends without me having to travel.

The website did not allow me to do this yesterday. Must have been a glitch /bug yesterday. But working fine today..
#9 Aug 21st, 2018, 02:23
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,125
  • Nick-H is offline
#9
Quote:
Managed to book tickets for friends without me having to travel.
Phew, that saved you some unnecessary train journeys!



.
~
Life gets aadhar every day.
.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Buying unreserved ticket online Jul 14th, 2013 16:04 1 4056 Indian Railways
Buying ticket alternatives Aug 22nd, 2012 17:37 6 1122 Indian Railways
Buying one-way ticket to India Dec 9th, 2010 23:06 6 2384 International India Flights
Buying ticket from Kolkata to NJP on the day of departure Sep 12th, 2008 01:33 2 2693 Indian Railways
Buying flight ticket in Goa: Goa (GOI) to London (LHR) One-way Aug 27th, 2007 05:22 13 4370 International India Flights


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success