India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com

India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com (https://www.indiamike.com/india/)
-   India Travel Itinerary Advice (https://www.indiamike.com/india/india-travel-itinerary-advice-f91/)
-   -   Add Pushkar? (https://www.indiamike.com/india/india-travel-itinerary-advice-f91/add-pushkar-t271621/)

robinw Nov 23rd, 2018 07:13

Add Pushkar?
 
Hello. Next month Iíll be visiting India for the first time. I have three weeks including travel to and from Toronto. My plan is to take the train from Mumbai to Sawai Mahodpur, spend a few days there, then take the train to Udaipur, where Iíll spend the rest of my trip volunteering at Animal Aid Unlimited.

Suddenly I have a huge desire to shorter Udaipur by a few days to to go Pushkar for a few days, then back to Mumbai for a day, then home.

Does this seem feasible? Pushkar wasnít even in my thoughts until today. Is it worth cutting Udaipur short for a few days to go there.

I know my questions seem a bit vague, but any advice would be great.

Thanks.

torontomm Nov 23rd, 2018 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinw (Post 2109174)
Hello. Next month Iíll be visiting India for the first time. I have three weeks including travel to and from Toronto. My plan is to take the train from Mumbai to Sawai Mahodpur, spend a few days there, then take the train to Udaipur, where Iíll spend the rest of my trip volunteering at Animal Aid Unlimited.

Suddenly I have a huge desire to shorter Udaipur by a few days to to go Pushkar for a few days, then back to Mumbai for a day, then home.

Does this seem feasible? Pushkar wasnít even in my thoughts until today. Is it worth cutting Udaipur short for a few days to go there.

I know my questions seem a bit vague, but any advice would be great.

Thanks.

I think it will be a good idea to find some time to do some travel in India and see Pushkar or some other place like the Taj Mahal in Agra or the Ranakpur temple or the Kumblegarh fort not that far from Udaipur.

You are traveling a long way from Canada to India and I think it will be shame to see only Mumbai, Udaipur and Sawai Madhopur during your 3 weeks in India.

Pushkar is just one possibility and I hope you can find some time from your Udaipur volunteering and are able to see a little more of India :)

aarosh Nov 23rd, 2018 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinw (Post 2109174)
My plan is to take the train from Mumbai to Sawai Mahodpur, spend a few days there

By Sawai Madhopur do you mean Ranthombore? If no why Sawai Madhopur?

robinw Nov 23rd, 2018 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarosh (Post 2109188)
By Sawai Madhopur do you mean Ranthombore? If no why Sawai Madhopur?

Yes I do.

JayBlue Nov 23rd, 2018 20:06

Absolutely recommend Pushkar
Magical place.
Torontomm's advice above is on point.

robinw Nov 23rd, 2018 22:58

I finally looked at a map and saw that that won't work with already booked and paid for trains. Can anybody recommend a place to visit within a day or so of Udaipur? thanks

aarosh Nov 24th, 2018 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinw (Post 2109262)
I finally looked at a map and saw that that won't work with already booked and paid for trains. Can anybody recommend a place to visit within a day or so of Udaipur? thanks

What are you preferences?

For an overnight trip you could consider Mt. Abu or Dungarpur. For a day trip you could consider Chittorgarh or Rajsamand with Eklingji and Nathdwara.

zif Nov 24th, 2018 21:37

The combination of Ajmer and Pushkar is certainly worth a visit. I actually preferred Ajmer by a large margin. Pushkar is relatively small and a bit overwhelmed by tourism.

Mt. Abu, as said, is also much worth visiting.

robinw Nov 27th, 2018 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zif (Post 2109352)
The combination of Ajmer and Pushkar is certainly worth a visit. I actually preferred Ajmer by a large margin. Pushkar is relatively small and a bit overwhelmed by tourism.

Mt. Abu, as said, is also much worth visiting.

Thank you! I'll definitely look into both of them.


All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 02:38.


© IndiaMike.com 2018


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2