1st trip to India, starting in Delhi and ending Mumbai.

#1 Dec 13th, 2010, 12:10
Join Date:
Oct 2010
Location:
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
Posts:
4
  • nrb856 is offline
#1
Hello!

My wife and I are traveling to India for 3 weeks arriving in Delhi 1st Feb and leaving from Mumbai on 22nd Feb.
We'd prefer trains and planes and would like to make the most of our time in India on medium budget.
IndiaMike is serving as the perfect resource for our travel needs, and from long hours of reading have decided on the following itinerary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 1st - 3 days @ Hotel Grand Park Inn Delhi
Feb 4th Early train to Agra check in Plamstay then visit Agra fort, Baby Taj & Agra, evening view sunset at the Taj Mahal (Any recommendations)
Feb 5th - Early morning sun rise visit Taj Mahal, in afternoon leave for Jaipur stopping at Fatehpur Sikari - Any recommendations for taxi?
Feb 5th & 6th in Jaipur @ Hotel Madhuban and visit AMBER FORT, JANTAR-MANTAR, CITY PALACE & shopping.
Feb 7th Night train to Udaipur
Feb 8th In Udaipur @ JAGAT NIWAS PALACE
Feb 9th Flight to Kochi and night @ Saj Homestay
Feb 10th - To Alleppey and night on House boat
Feb 11th Fort Kochi @ Saj Homestay
Feb 12th Afternoon train to Goa
Feb 13th to Feb 16th @ 10 Calangute in Calangute, Goa
Feb 16th late flight to Mumbai
Feb 16th to Feb 22nd @ The Emerald Hotel Mumbai

I am still working on places to visit so any help would be great
#2 Dec 13th, 2010, 12:28
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#2
A more logical step would be Udaipur--Goa (may be a side trip to Hampi)--Kerala(Kochi)--Mumbai
#3 Dec 13th, 2010, 12:56
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,651
  • nycank is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrb856 View Post
Feb 1st - 3 days @ Hotel Grand Park Inn Delhi
Feb 4th – Early train to Agra check in Plamstay then visit Agra fort, Baby Taj & Agra, evening view sunset at the Taj Mahal (Any recommendations)
Feb 5th - Early morning sun rise visit Taj Mahal, in afternoon leave for Jaipur stopping at Fatehpur Sikari - Any recommendations for taxi?
Feb 5th & 6th in Jaipur @ Hotel Madhuban and visit AMBER FORT, JANTAR-MANTAR, CITY PALACE & shopping.
Feb 7th Night train to Udaipur
Feb 8th – In Udaipur @ JAGAT NIWAS PALACE
feb 4th is a Friday so, the evening view of Taj can only be from either Fort, or boat. Because Taj is closed on Fridays.

The restaurant @ Jagat Niwas has good views of the lake, and fairly decent lunch menu.
#4 Dec 16th, 2010, 00:45
Join Date:
Oct 2010
Location:
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
Posts:
4
  • nrb856 is offline
#4
Thanks narendra.d & nycank for your suggestions.
#5 Dec 16th, 2010, 01:00
Join Date:
Dec 2010
Location:
Old Delhi
Posts:
12
  • mujhse_dosti_karoge is offline
#5
You're welcome in INDIA for your first trip,and wish you all the best for a great memorable journey !
#6 Dec 17th, 2010, 10:17
Join Date:
Oct 2010
Location:
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
Posts:
4
  • nrb856 is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujhse_dosti_karoge View Post You're welcome in INDIA for your first trip,and wish you all the best for a great memorable journey !
Thank you very much and I would like to have lots of Dosts like you when we visit India.
#7 Dec 17th, 2010, 10:45
Join Date:
Oct 2007
Location:
Oakland, California, USA
Posts:
1,423
  • rebeccam is offline
#7
I'm not saying to miss Agra early a.m.--that is the most serene time, before the crowds (many off the train from New Delhi) arrive. But do be aware that the sunrise itself may be disappointing due ot haze or fog. As long as you know that,..dont expect a spectacular sunrise (or sunset, the evening before) . If there is one, you'll be one of the rare lucky ones!

YOu can see the sunset from the park across the Yamuna River. You take a bridge across from the "downtown" part of Agra, the raod borders the river, and then walk through the garden to the edge of the river. it is called the Mehtab Bagh--moonlight garden.

Re your itin, any particular reason you're staying nearly a week in Mumbai? (That is not a question of disagreement--jsut wondering if you have ot b there that long, at the expense of some time in some other places. Kerala is getting short-changed...rather, that you are missing out, having only a couple days there. Any chance you can take a few days from Mumbair, to see more of Kerala?
#8 Dec 18th, 2010, 08:42
Join Date:
Oct 2010
Location:
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
Posts:
4
  • nrb856 is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam View Post I'm not saying to miss Agra early a.m.--that is the most serene time, before the crowds (many off the train from New Delhi) arrive. But do be aware that the sunrise itself may be disappointing due ot haze or fog. As long as you know that,..dont expect a spectacular sunrise (or sunset, the evening before) . If there is one, you'll be one of the rare lucky ones!

YOu can see the sunset from the park across the Yamuna River. You take a bridge across from the "downtown" part of Agra, the raod borders the river, and then walk through the garden to the edge of the river. it is called the Mehtab Bagh--moonlight garden.

Re your itin, any particular reason you're staying nearly a week in Mumbai? (That is not a question of disagreement--jsut wondering if you have ot b there that long, at the expense of some time in some other places. Kerala is getting short-changed...rather, that you are missing out, having only a couple days there. Any chance you can take a few days from Mumbair, to see more of Kerala?
Thank you for the info rebeccam. The week in Mumbai is for my wife's shopping, our daughter is getting married in May and she has a list of cloths for her and presents for the grooms family. I would appreciate if anyone would suggest shopping area in Delhi and Mumbai.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success