Indian Visa for US Spouse in the US

#1 Jul 13th, 2011, 20:16
Join Date:
May 2010
Minneapolis, MN
  • 2W3 is offline
I am a US citizen living in Delhi and my wife, also a US citizen, went back to the US for the summer. While she is there, our visas, my employment and her spouse, will need to be renewed. For me it is easy still being in India, but does anyone know what my wife will need to do?

I have heard conflicting stories from different people and agencies. Some say she needs to return before her visa expires and have it renewed here. Others are telling me she can have her visa renewed in the US once my visa is renewed. Does any actually know how to do it?

#2 Jul 15th, 2011, 13:10
Join Date:
Aug 2006
  • nycank is offline
Since her visa will be co-terminus on your E visa, your extension to current E-visa would be necessary.
#3 Jul 19th, 2011, 00:16
Join Date:
Jan 2004
  • NonIndianResident is online now
I think she can do it in her own country as well as in India. Prepare by sending her with attested copies of all your paperwork and possibly related or supporting docs. Plan some extra time in case they ask her for additional paperwork that you have to send over from India.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success