Getting a single status certificate (Bangalore)
vincent_f84
India > Community Forums > India Expat Area
#1
| Member

Getting a single status certificate (Bangalore)

hi everyone this is my first post at this forum and i need some help as i have a very pressing problem, my gf is chinese and i have already obtained a visa to go there,we plan to have a civil marriage in china itself. i have been required to produce a certificate of single status/ certificate of marriage ability, i have been running around bangalore for the past week trying to attain it. i presently had an affidavit written by a notary public but that could not be attested at the regional attestation office, in this case being vidhyan soudha. i am a christian and i was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with this situation i would appreciate very much any advice i can get on the matter. thanks in advance :confused:

44 Replies

#2
| Member
Since you didnt have any luck with responses so far.. I would suggest that you go and get a letter from your pastor since you are a christian stating that you are a member of the church and that he knows you .. for however long and then that you are an unmarried bachelor and have him sign it.. You can get it notarized to make it even more official. Or try getting it attested at the regional atestation office you mentioned. I have gottten such eligibility certificate because I got married in a different state and not a different country.

One other thing is whoever required you to produce might have a template of the certificate.. which I think is best if completed by your pastor and then attested by a government official. Or go to chinese embassy where you got the visa and find out if you can get it attested by the consular officer even.

Good luck,

VJ
#3
| Member

Thank you for the response

Originally posted by: VJ HAWK View Post

Since you didnt have any luck with responses so far.. I would suggest that you go and get a letter from your pastor since you are a christian stating that you are a member of the church and that he knows you .. for however long and then that you are an unmarried bachelor and have him sign it.. You can get it notarized to make it even more official. Or try getting it attested at the regional atestation office you mentioned. I have gottten such eligibility certificate because I got married in a different state and not a different country.

One other thing is whoever required you to produce might have a template of the certificate.. which I think is best if completed by your pastor and then attested by a government official. Or go to chinese embassy where you got the visa and find out if you can get it attested by the consular officer even.

Good luck,

VJ


Thanks for the reply i already got the letter from the pastor and im getting it notarized too, the next step is the RAC...then i got to send it to the ministry of external affairs and the chinese embassy to get apostilles or whatever then it becomes wholly valid in china...thanks for taking the time to respond u have been a great help :D
#4
| Member
No Problem Vincent.. I am glad things are moving along.. Congratulations on your impending nuptials..
#5
| Member

Getting Single Status Certificate (Hyderabad)

Hi, I am planning to get married to Fijian in Fiji. I have been asked to provide Certificate of Single Status, in India as we dont have such a system. How could I get this One. I am an Hindu. I had taken a Notary from Civil Lawyer will this do OR I have to get it attested by Ministry of External Affairs. Kindly help me.
#6
| Member

Originally posted by: venkyk75 View Post

Hi, I am planning to get married to Fijian in Fiji. I have been asked to provide Certificate of Single Status, in India as we dont have such a system. How could I get this One. I am an Hindu. I had taken a Notary from Civil Lawyer will this do OR I have to get it attested by Ministry of External Affairs. Kindly help me.


i believe that you can find out more about this by going to your local marriage registrar, since i am christian i had to get the certificate from the church, for you i would advise finding out whether the one your notary made is the proper one. next send it to the ministry for external affairs to get attested and then i believe that it would require further attestation from the fijian embassy and you could call them to find out. after all that is done then i believe the document is valid to use as a certificate of single status.
#7
| Member

Originally posted by: vincent_f84 View Post

Thanks for the reply i already got the letter from the pastor and im getting it notarized too, the next step is the RAC...then i got to send it to the ministry of external affairs and the chinese embassy to get apostilles or whatever then it becomes wholly valid in china...thanks for taking the time to respond u have been a great help :D


Hi Vincent,

have read your comments here.Can i ask you one doubt in single status certificate matter?.is'nt it acceptable, i mean affidavit with attorney.I'm a hindu guy and planing to marry a bulgarian girl.I also need this certificate.I got an information from district registering office that it is not possible to give such certificate.What am planing to do is get an affidavit from district notary then it get attested by state home ministry then apostilled from external affairs ministry.Will this procedure work or not? or do i need to attest the docs from notary with district registrar? please let me know your thoughts.If you have the format of this affidavit can you please send me?.

Thanks in advance,
Good 2 c u
#8
| Member

sorry for the late reply

well in my experience the procedure for me to get the certificate was different, the best way for u to find out how to get the certificate would either be for u to go to the state home ministry and ask them the procedure or goto the marriage registration office and they should be able to help you. I had also gotten an affidavit from a notary but i was informed that the rules had changed and therefore the procedures also. i strongly suggest you first enquire first at the marriage registration office, i am quite confident that they should be able to help you out. Some other adivce would be for u to give the certificate to an agent, i used UAE Xchange and they got the apostilles and attestation done very quickly. One more thing when u do get the right certificate you have to take it to get attested by a district notary hope that this helps you. :cool:
#9
| Member
sorry either from my side for late reply.
thanks a lot for your help.I have already made an affidavit and notarized it.Then it get attested from state home ministry too.Now it is send for apostillation.Hope this will work.
#10
| Member

Sigle status certificate

Hi Vincent

Thank you very much, your information is really helpful. But when i approached the registrar of marriage he could not even able to guide anything and i have proposed the way which you have written. can you please let me know the contact information of the UAE through which you have got it seal by ministry of external affairs, it would be great help, really would be very helpful. and also please tell me more information whom all i can contact, Thank you in advance and wish you a very happy married life.

Best Regards
Anisag
#11
| Member

Originally posted by: vincent_f84 View Post

Thanks for the reply i already got the letter from the pastor and im getting it notarized too, the next step is the RAC...then i got to send it to the ministry of external affairs and the chinese embassy to get apostilles or whatever then it becomes wholly valid in china...thanks for taking the time to respond u have been a great help :D

Hi Vincent
I have a similar situation. I a suppose to go to Kazakhstan to marry my fiancée. We both are Christian. Can you please write me back step wise what all procedure I need to do to get the Certificate for single status.
Thanks
Kunal
#12
| Member

Marriage to a non-Indian

Originally posted by: Kunalksinha View Post

Hi Vincent
I have a similar situation. I a suppose to go to Kazakhstan to marry my fiancée. We both are Christian. Can you please write me back step wise what all procedure I need to do to get the Certificate for single status.
Thanks
Kunal


Hello Kunal,

In the former soviet union they can easily get single certificates. What would be a good plan is for the both of you to get the civil marriage done in India (easier) and get the Church marriage in Kazakhstan
#13
| Member

Single Status Certificate for Marriage

Steps
1) Get a notary attestation on the stamp paper declaring your
single status
2) Get it attested by SDM (Sub Divisional Megistrate)
3) Get APOSTILLE from Ministry of External Affairs
4) Get APOSTILLE from Embassy of the concerned Country

This works as Single status certificate.
#14
| Member
Hi Deep

Thanks for the suggestion :). I managed to find the other way out and I will work as a valid certificate.
#15
| Member

Originally posted by: vincent_f84 View Post

hi everyone this is my first post at this forum and i need some help as i have a very pressing problem, my gf is chinese and i have already obtained a visa to go there,we plan to have a civil marriage in china itself. i have been required to produce a certificate of single status/ certificate of marriage ability, i have been running around bangalore for the past week trying to attain it. i presently had an affidavit written by a notary public but that could not be attested at the regional attestation office, in this case being vidhyan soudha. i am a christian and i was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with this situation i would appreciate very much any advice i can get on the matter. thanks in advance :confused:

Hi Vincent,

I am in a similar situation. I am based in the UK, but an Indian citizen and a hindu. I am planning to marry my girlfriend, who is from China. After reading all the responses here, I am a bit confused. Could you kindly give me a suggestion? Do I get a letter from a religious body or from the local council/corporation, and then get it attested? Because, now all such event have to be recorded in the register at such local bodies.