India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com - necessary to book accom in manali?
India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com

India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com (https://www.indiamike.com/india/)
-   Himachal Pradesh (https://www.indiamike.com/india/himachal-pradesh-f29/)
-   -   necessary to book accom in manali? (https://www.indiamike.com/india/himachal-pradesh-f29/necessary-to-book-accom-in-manali-t103561/)

archaea Mar 3rd, 2010 19:10

necessary to book accom in manali?
 
hey everyone, sorry for posting so many questions up here, i just have such a short amount of time to sort everything for my trip! argh!

heading into manali and plan to stay for 4 weeks starting 8th May. Is it a good idea to book accommodation now for the whole 4 weeks or can i get away with booking just a week and then scoping out new places while im there? I've heard there are so many hotels and hostels there, that true? looking for budget accommodation.

thank you so much
matt

madri Mar 3rd, 2010 19:27

Matt,

I'm currently travelling through Himachal with no bookings and so far have had no issues and this isn't the busy season apparently. I'll be going towards manali in about a week myself and don't plan on making any bookings.

That being said, I think your plan of booking a week or a few days and then scoping out other hotels is best since that way you can enter without any worries about having to find a place to stay and if you can't find anything better most places are happy to have you stay longer without any issues.

Also, shop around for hotels...there are tons and everyone is competing and bargain on prices. Here in Dalhousie currently I managed to talk them down from 500 to 250 for a room.

Finally, here is a link to some list of hotels in Manali and price range...there are others in the Hotels section of the forums as well. http://wikitravel.org/en/Manali

If you get to Manali before I do and find a good budget hotel, let me know and save me some walking around :D

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by archaea (Post 925319)
hey everyone, sorry for posting so many questions up here, i just have such a short amount of time to sort everything for my trip! argh!

heading into manali and plan to stay for 4 weeks starting 8th May. Is it a good idea to book accommodation now for the whole 4 weeks or can i get away with booking just a week and then scoping out new places while im there? I've heard there are so many hotels and hostels there, that true? looking for budget accommodation.

thank you so much
matt


archaea Mar 3rd, 2010 19:55

Thanks muchly for your speedy reply! I am looking into Apple View guest house :

http://www.appleviewmanali.com/manal...mmodation.html

150 a night!! bargain




Quote:

Originally Posted by madri (Post 925328)
Matt,

I'm currently travelling through Himachal with no bookings and so far have had no issues and this isn't the busy season apparently. I'll be going towards manali in about a week myself and don't plan on making any bookings.

That being said, I think your plan of booking a week or a few days and then scoping out other hotels is best since that way you can enter without any worries about having to find a place to stay and if you can't find anything better most places are happy to have you stay longer without any issues.

Also, shop around for hotels...there are tons and everyone is competing and bargain on prices. Here in Dalhousie currently I managed to talk them down from 500 to 250 for a room.

Finally, here is a link to some list of hotels in Manali and price range...there are others in the Hotels section of the forums as well. http://wikitravel.org/en/Manali

If you get to Manali before I do and find a good budget hotel, let me know and save me some walking around :D

Cheers!


madri Mar 3rd, 2010 20:04

freakin awesome...thanks...i'll be sure to spend a minimum of a day there just to experience it.

ashwinnaagar Mar 5th, 2010 02:03

http://www.upadhyaycottages.com/ do check out this place.
Vashisht is also a nice place to stay so is naggar.

khargosh_hamster Mar 5th, 2010 10:23

Hello Archaea,

You dont need to book accomodations for Manali even in May. There are plenty of really good budget options available in Manali.

Manali is divided in 2 parts....New Manali and Old Manali. New Manali has more expensive rooms and caters mostly to Indian tourists and honeymooners.

About 10 mins walk from New Manali, starts old manali. This is the place you would want to stay if you are looking for good budget options. I have been visiting Manali atleast once every year for the past 6 years...and never had any trouble finding cheap accomodations even during season. The higher you walk in Old manali, the prices will keep getting cheaper :D

Have an enjoyable trip!

madri Mar 14th, 2010 20:01

Hi Matt,

Dang I got turned down at that place either because they were full or they didn't want to give a room to a single male. Hope you were able to get a room there...I just arrived and am tired after a long trip so settled for one at twice the price but pretty good comforts. Will hunt tomorrow for a better bargain :)

madri Mar 15th, 2010 21:41

Dude...ur here in Manali for 4 weeks? I must be missing something because I'm going to get out of here in just 2 days. You must be into some mountain sports or something.

Ofcourse I was getting ready to leave after the first day after seeing how commercialized the place was and all the tourists n all but then I read online about old manali (unplanned trip remember) so went there and loved it.

Met nice goat herders, women carrrying firewood from atop mountains, and even trekked up one as far as I thought it was safe to.

Still...4 weeks here??? get outta here :)

ashwinnaagar Mar 15th, 2010 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by madri (Post 931743)
Dude...ur here in Manali for 4 weeks? I must be missing something because I'm going to get out of here in just 2 days. You must be into some mountain sports or something.

Ofcourse I was getting ready to leave after the first day after seeing how commercialized the place was and all the tourists n all but then I read online about old manali (unplanned trip remember) so went there and loved it.

Met nice goat herders, women carrrying firewood from atop mountains, and even trekked up one as far as I thought it was safe to.

Still...4 weeks here??? get outta here :)

Did you go to lamba dug alpine meadow or anything like that?

madri Mar 16th, 2010 21:13

i don't think so. not even sure where or what that is :)

kullukid Mar 16th, 2010 21:21

Sunshine GH is good at RS300.

madri Mar 17th, 2010 14:05

Thanks. Will remember that for next time. Also for others...try to stay in Old Manali if possible...definately a more nicer and quieter option.

OMG I was there on the 16th and found this highway inn for Rs 300 right opposite the bus stand and my luck that day there was some function on the temple and they had the music up so loud and finally stopped at around 12pm (or i fell asleep) and again at 4am started back up.

Made up all my rest at Naggar though...definately a nice place to relax at.

johnney Mar 17th, 2010 14:45

No need to book for anything in advance in Manali.


All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 18:29.


© IndiaMike.com 2018


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2