Permanent Move to Goa from Delhi and establish residency in Goa

#1 Nov 20th, 2017, 01:53
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
30
  • solarplexus is offline
#1
Hi,

Another question from my perspective as an OCI card holder (husband holds Indian Passport, resident of Delhi). I've been a permanent resident of India (settled permanently in Delhi, with Delhi address on my Adhaar card).

We will be moving permanently soon to Goa (we own a place there). What formalities are there to complete to be ultimately considered a resident of Goa State? (for my husband the citizen and for me the OCI Card & Adhaar holder?

Thanks -- Anya
#2 Nov 20th, 2017, 04:59
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,651
  • nycank is offline
#2
Do you mean Domicile Certificate ?

Take a look here

https://www.goaonline.gov.in/FormDownload
#3 Nov 20th, 2017, 06:37
Join Date:
Sep 2005
Location:
styx
Posts:
21,623
  • capt_mahajan is offline
#3
Dunno about OCI, Domicile or Goa but, for 'normal' Indians (if they exist) the address on the Aadhaar card can be updated online (I have done this) and also at outsourced conveniently located third party establishments in many States. An e-Aadhaar card can then be printed out and used. It has the same number as the original Aadhaar card, which you should keep because once in a blue moon (ok, once in four years in my case) somebody asks for it.



You need to upload acceptable proof of address to do this. The usual suspects are accepted.

In any case, a new Aadhaar card (with only the address changed) is posted to the new address*. If you don't get it you can go to the third party establishment closeby and apply for it. But the e-Aadhaar card is as good.

*In our case this did not happen for two out of four people whose address was updated. We haven't bothered about it, and are using the e-Aadhaar without problems.
.
This is computer generated drivel. No signature is required.
#4 Nov 20th, 2017, 14:42
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
70,971
  • Nick-H is offline
#4

Permanent Move to Goa from Delhi and establish residency in Goa

Is there something special about Goa? Apart from the usual address updates, it had never occurred to me that, as a resident non-Indian, in post-PIO-registration days, either central or state governments care where I live.

They care where my car lives. But not so much about me. Right? Or wrong?
~
Life gets aadhar every day.
.
#5 Nov 28th, 2017, 00:02
Join Date:
May 2007
Location:
UK etc.
Posts:
3,269
  • a_f_d is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-H View Post Is there something special about Goa? Apart from the usual address updates, it had never occurred to me that, as a resident non-Indian, in post-PIO-registration days, either central or state governments care where I live.

They care where my car lives. But not so much about me. Right? Or wrong?
Right - as far as the law is concerned.
As a resident foreigner of foreign descent I am, as at today, living in Goa as a resident in India according to FRRO, Aadhaar, FEMA, and IT (resident and actually resident).
But OP mentions "Goa (we own a place there)" - is that we as in joint names on the Deeds? - I ask because Goa is still very difficult about foreigners (OCI, PIO or foreign) owning property.

AndyD 8-)
There is no such thing as art, the best is high craft - the rest is just flim-flam
#6 Dec 11th, 2017, 15:00
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
30
  • solarplexus is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_mahajan View Post Dunno about OCI, Domicile or Goa but, for 'normal' Indians (if they exist) the address on the Aadhaar card can be updated online (I have done this) and also at outsourced conveniently located third party establishments in many States. An e-Aadhaar card can then be printed out and used. It has the same number as the original Aadhaar card, which you should keep because once in a blue moon (ok, once in four years in my case) somebody asks for it.



You need to upload acceptable proof of address to do this. The usual suspects are accepted.

In any case, a new Aadhaar card (with only the address changed) is posted to the new address*. If you don't get it you can go to the third party establishment closeby and apply for it. But the e-Aadhaar card is as good.

*In our case this did not happen for two out of four people whose address was updated. We haven't bothered about it, and are using the e-Aadhaar without problems.
Thanks. That should suffice.
#7 Dec 11th, 2017, 15:03
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
30
  • solarplexus is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_f_d View Post But OP mentions "Goa (we own a place there)" - is that we as in joint names on the Deeds? - I ask because Goa is still very difficult about foreigners (OCI, PIO or foreign) owning property.
Really? They don't distinguish between a foreigner who is in India on tourist/business visa and a foreign national with OCI?

How is this possible?
#8 Dec 11th, 2017, 15:15
Join Date:
Nov 2010
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
30
  • solarplexus is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycank View Post Do you mean Domicile Certificate ?

Take a look here

https://www.goaonline.gov.in/FormDownload
Thanks for this. Quite helpful.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Permanent Residency Sep 7th, 2012 09:57 49 18399 India Expat Area
Permanent Residency in india May 3rd, 2012 20:26 10 1925 Marriage related Visa Questions
Over staying in India and how to get permanent residency Jun 24th, 2009 22:33 12 3659 For Citizens of Other Countries - Visa and PIO/OCI Questions


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success