Good Holiday Beach House, Goa

#1 Jun 6th, 2012, 19:53
Join Date:
Jun 2012
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
7
  • shubhdeep99 is offline
#1
Can anyone give some information and guidence how to book Good Holiday Beach House?

I tried allot but couldent find anything, but its really a good hotel.

P.S : If someone local from this place then it would be great if they confirm the tariff plans.
#2 Jun 6th, 2012, 19:54
Join Date:
Jun 2012
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
7
  • shubhdeep99 is offline
#2
#3 Jun 7th, 2012, 02:03
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Location:
UK
Posts:
16,662
  • steven_ber is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhdeep99 View Post Can anyone give some information and guidence how to book Good Holiday Beach House?

I tried allot but couldent find anything, but its really a good hotel.

P.S : If someone local from this place then it would be great if they confirm the tariff plans.
The member doesn't mean a 'good' holiday beach house, they mean a place called 'Good Holiday Beach House'.

I'd suggest reading through all those reviews, someone may mention how they booked, or give a link to a website.

Please don't mention again if this place is a great place to stay, indiamike is hot on first post adds, but I'm sure this wasn't your intention.
#4 Jun 7th, 2012, 03:35
Join Date:
Sep 2008
Location:
Southampton, UK
Posts:
2,736
  • OceanTragic is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhdeep99 View Post Can anyone give some information and guidence how to book Good Holiday Beach House?

I tried allot but couldent find anything, but its really a good hotel.

P.S : If someone local from this place then it would be great if they confirm the tariff plans.
If you know it's good how come you don't know how to book it?
India blogs: monsoon meandering (2011) and big cats & holy ghats (2009)
Type 1 diabetes blog: circles of blue.
#5 Jun 7th, 2012, 05:12
Join Date:
Oct 2008
Location:
Here & there
Posts:
3,596
  • johnny five is offline
#5
Just a thought....

This place was previously known as Oceanic Pearl (until very recently I believe), and from memory got lots of good reviews on other forums. I notice that the good reviews on TA refer to that previous guise, rather than it's current daft name. In fact there are no reviews for 2012 at all.

Stephen, I guess most of us read post#2 and are therefore fully aware that the OP was referring to the name of a guest house, and having read that with its massively good reviews for the place, its easy to understand why the OP should assume its a "really good hotel" without any thought that he is trying to advertise? Would you not agree OT?

Its possible that ownership might not have changed so a search on Oceanic Pearl might be worthwhile?

............Ok I like a puzzle so heres some answers;

The couple who had run the place for a number of years and built up the high rated business leased the premises from the Goan owner. When their lease expired in 2011, said Goan refused to renew and decided he would run the place himself, having seen the success of his tenants. They sensibly removed all fixtures and fittings. They did not part as friends.
This is normal practice in Goa.
As is also normal, it appears that standards have crashed.
This, of course explains the lack of reviews and the stupid name change.
If the OP still wants to pursue a booking, +91832403516 was a valid phone number quite recently.

Hope all this was actually helpful.
#6 Jun 7th, 2012, 13:33
Join Date:
Jun 2012
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
7
  • shubhdeep99 is offline
#6
@ johnny five :- Yes you are right i am just impressed by the reviews which i saw at TP thats why i ask there actually i am gonna marry soon and looking for god hotel in goa and then i saw this hotel.
thanks for understanding me and for your help also.

@ Steven :- Sir i didnt want any kinda advertising intention, but still if i break any rules of this forum then sorry , admin are free to remove above link.
#7 Jun 7th, 2012, 13:44
Join Date:
Sep 2008
Location:
Southampton, UK
Posts:
2,736
  • OceanTragic is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny five View Post Would you not agree OT?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny five View Post ............Ok I like a puzzle so heres some answers;

The couple who had run the place for a number of years and built up the high rated business leased the premises from the Goan owner. When their lease expired in 2011, said Goan refused to renew and decided he would run the place himself, having seen the success of his tenants.
Good sleuthing J5. It sounds like it's not a good idea to risk a honeymoon on a place that no-one's actually reviewed.
#8 Jun 7th, 2012, 14:01
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Location:
UK
Posts:
16,662
  • steven_ber is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny five View Post Just a thought....

This place was previously known as Oceanic Pearl (until very recently I believe), and from memory got lots of good reviews on other forums. I notice that the good reviews on TA refer to that previous guise, rather than it's current daft name. In fact there are no reviews for 2012 at all.

Stephen, I guess most of us read post#2 and are therefore fully aware that the OP was referring to the name of a guest house, and having read that with its massively good reviews for the place, its easy to understand why the OP should assume its a "really good hotel" without any thought that he is trying to advertise? Would you not agree OT?

Its possible that ownership might not have changed so a search on Oceanic Pearl might be worthwhile?

............Ok I like a puzzle so heres some answers;

The couple who had run the place for a number of years and built up the high rated business leased the premises from the Goan owner. When their lease expired in 2011, said Goan refused to renew and decided he would run the place himself, having seen the success of his tenants. They sensibly removed all fixtures and fittings. They did not part as friends.
This is normal practice in Goa.
As is also normal, it appears that standards have crashed.
This, of course explains the lack of reviews and the stupid name change.
If the OP still wants to pursue a booking, +91832403516 was a valid phone number quite recently.

Hope all this was actually helpful.
Awesome info.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
nice beach and good hotel in north Goa Oct 11th, 2010 02:43 14 2106 Goa
sarita guest house bogmalo beach goa May 30th, 2010 16:35 13 7901 Goa
Goa: What are some of the good beach hotels near the city? Mar 24th, 2008 12:36 9 2689 Goa
Candolim Beach Goa - Pretty Petal Guest House Dec 4th, 2004 01:31 2 6699 Goa
Furtado's Beach House - Benaulim, Goa Jan 17th, 2003 18:28 0 9915 Lodging and Hotels in India


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success