passport for tenants or rented individuals

#1 Jun 5th, 2012, 17:48
Join Date:
Jun 2012
  • frankezia is offline
Hi, I'm Franklin living in Chennai, in a rented house along with my parents. We sold our own house due to financial circumstances. For the past 12 years we're in rented home in the same area. Now, I don't have any address proof for the renred home and my address proof are In tge previous own house address. I'm trying to apply passport with my previous own home address, would there be problemf here? Please assist
#2 Jun 5th, 2012, 17:55
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
  • Prakaant is offline
Welcome to IndiaMike, Franklin!

Sadly you can't apply with the old address which you have left twelve years ago!

Since you have lived in the current premises for 12 years, it would be treated as your residence and not the house which you have sold 12 years ago!

You must have generated any document (like voter ID card, PAN card, etc) or you must have purchased a mobile phone during these years. All these require a residence proof.

If not done ever, you may ask the house owner to give you a certificate in which he would declare that you have lived there for such a long period.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
rented house in the hills? Jun 26th, 2012 09:58 27 5915 Uttarakhand
looking for a rented flat Apr 10th, 2010 14:57 1 882 Bangalore
rented home for a month Jun 17th, 2006 01:42 1 1282 Himachal Pradesh

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success