#1 Jan 8th, 2019, 06:03
Join Date:
Jan 2019
Not Provided Yet
  • Mpo253 is offline

Advice needed please. Son, British citizen, currently in India on 6 month visa. 

He has had to get an emergency passport due to water damage. Embassy have kept damaged passport which contains his visa. He has been told he now needs to get an exit visa. 

Flight leaves in 2 weeks. Need to know if definitely needs exit visa and best /quickest way to get one.

Thank you

#2 Jan 8th, 2019, 06:13
Join Date:
Dec 2006
  • kmalik is offline
Others more knowledgeable in this matter will be along to give more specific advice, but I'd confirm with embassy's advice to get the exit visa fro FRRO. The FRRO locations can be obtained from this link -

It should not be difficult to get the exit permit - particularly has your son has not broken any laws. Just need to follow up well in advance of the flight - and not last minute.

All the best
#3 Jan 9th, 2019, 11:30
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Land that shakes and bakes.
  • edwardseco is offline
Go in the early morn for the best chance to get seen at the FRRO..

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
St. Mary's Island Feb 28th, 2012 19:02 8 2486 Karnataka
Mary Oberne - Sad News May 22nd, 2008 06:16 4 2824 India Expat Area
For Mary who will be visiting Sikkim! Sep 17th, 2003 17:30 4 2307 Sikkim

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success