Leaving India for Thailand, can I fly back home through Delhi without waiting 2 mos.?

#1 May 18th, 2011, 21:49
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Location:
Toronto, Canada
Posts:
34
  • gordie44 is offline
#1
Hey IM,

Thanks for being so helpful in the past, I hope you can help me with this one as well!

I've been in India a month (and loving it). Instead of going home early, I've been convinced by friends to travel to Thailand.

If I am only in Thailand (gone from India) for a month, will I be able to then fly from Thailand, through Delhi (2 flights, 1 ticket, both Air India) to Toronto?

I wont be out of India for the 2 month requirement of the Tourist visa. However, I won't be leaving the airport at all (though the layover is 13 hours, I will just stay at the airport). Both flights I am assuming will be out of the International terminal, so am I correct in assuming I won't even need to go through Indian customs/immigration?

but my main question is: will I have a problem at the airport if I try to re-enter (albeit only for my connecting flight) without having the special stamp? Or can I just show them my itinerary without a problem? I will have a checked bag, just my backpack.

Thanks IM! I've checked elsewhere on here, but not found a definitive answer.
#2 May 19th, 2011, 01:06
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,651
  • nycank is offline
#2
1. Have you been ticketed yet ? i.e bought the BKK-DEL-YYZ on AI ?
2. If it is on one PNR, I do not see any reason why AI would not just check your baggage to Pearson International (YYZ)
3. The 13 hour layover is kind of dicey.

If you have not yet booked a seat,

A. Go to Yowrat (sp?) Rd. in Chinatown, BKK there are quite a few travel agencies who might get you some consolidator fares, via the Pacific.

B. If you are below 26 yrs old, there are youth fares available (dont quote or hold me to this) on Thai.
#3 May 19th, 2011, 15:29
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Location:
Toronto, Canada
Posts:
34
  • gordie44 is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycank View Post 1. Have you been ticketed yet ? i.e bought the BKK-DEL-YYZ on AI ?
2. If it is on one PNR, I do not see any reason why AI would not just check your baggage to Pearson International (YYZ)
3. The 13 hour layover is kind of dicey.
Havent bought my ticket, just wanted to be sure about being able to fly back through india first. but it would be all on one PNR if i do. why is the 13 hour layover 'dicey'? i dont mind staying at the airport in the terminal, and its open all night as far as im aware. is it only dicey because of how long ill have to wait? or passes some restriction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycank View Post If you have not yet booked a seat,

A. Go to Yowrat (sp?) Rd. in Chinatown, BKK there are quite a few travel agencies who might get you some consolidator fares, via the Pacific.
how good you think my chances are of getting a one way flight this way for under $800?
#4 May 20th, 2011, 13:19
Join Date:
Aug 2006
Location:
Homeless
Posts:
20,651
  • nycank is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie44 View Post

how good you think my chances are of getting a one way flight this way for under $800?
I am not in BKK, so I do not know the ground realities. But in January of this year, a certain international airline's unpublished fare was lower than Air Asia X. The two areas where you have lots of travel agents are in Chinatown and lower Sukhumvit. I would give it a shot. You always will have AI's BKK-DEL-YYZ
#5 May 20th, 2011, 19:29
Join Date:
Apr 2011
Location:
Toronto, Canada
Posts:
34
  • gordie44 is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycank View Post I am not in BKK, so I do not know the ground realities. But in January of this year, a certain international airline's unpublished fare was lower than Air Asia X. The two areas where you have lots of travel agents are in Chinatown and lower Sukhumvit. I would give it a shot. You always will have AI's BKK-DEL-YYZ

thanks very much! I ended up forgoing the whole thailand trip, instead I'm going home. India's burnt me out. I don't know how it happened and I never saw it coming, but I am so ready to go home right now.

thanks for the help though

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success