Damaged Indian Passport - Address Confusion

#1 Dec 8th, 2009, 21:24
Join Date:
Dec 2009
  • mcsekar is offline

I need to apply for a new passport as my current one is damaged. I am going to apply under Tatkal scheme.
My problem is I have been staying in the US for the past one year, and came to India only a week ago. I have an address in India, on my parent's ration card. I also have a bank account with that address.
So, what should I put as the permanent address and present address in the passport. And what should I put as all the other addresses I have stayed for the past one year?
In addition to that, in the Annexure F - Verification Certificate, will I have to mention both my Indian address and the US address, as the addresses I have stayed in the past one year, isn't that so?
I will have to do the same for Annexure I too, right?

Any help is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
#2 Dec 9th, 2009, 02:21
Join Date:
Aug 2006
  • nycank is offline
How did it get damaged ? Is it legible ?
#3 Dec 9th, 2009, 02:52
Join Date:
Aug 2004
  • RPG is offline
You should tell the truth. I don't see any problem with the truth in your case, but making false statements is illegal.

If you are not a permanent resident in the US, your permanent address is your Indian address.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success