Endorse Spouse Name

#1 Aug 13th, 2016, 14:23
Join Date:
Aug 2016
  • Freelance India is offline

I need to renew my passport to add my husband's name in the passport. Due to different work locations we're staying in different cities. I live in Ahmedabad at my parent's house and my husband is at Bangalore. He just got his passport with his permanent address which is Indore. I have a valid passport before I got married with permanent address which is Ahmedabad.

My question is, I only want to change my marital status to Married and add my husband's name. Is it possible to keep my present address (i.e. Ahmedabad) as it is on the renewed passport? I don't want to change address in my passport to Indore (as it is mentioned in my husband's passport).

Can I keep my address unchanged and only add my husband's name?

Please help me if anyone has faced the same issue.
#2 Aug 13th, 2016, 15:37
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
  • Prakaant is offline
You will have to mention the address where you are currently living.

You will have to submit proof of residence; along with marriage certificate and a sworn affidavit in Annexure D format, if you wish to carry your husband's surname.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success