Address related issue in fresh passport application

#1 Jul 21st, 2011, 14:22
Join Date:
Jul 2011
  • ankit goel is offline
I m Ankit goel living at my permanent address in Delhi from my birth.My father is also living here for about 40 years. My date of birth is 26th may 1989.
But from about two months, I have shifted to a temporary address because of the
construction of our house at my permanent address.
I have all legal required documents like Voter ID, licence, DOB certificate and Rashan Card with my Permanent Address.
Kindly help me that will there any problem for applying fresh passport at my permanent address.
Is there any problem in police verification..
Hope for a positive reply
#2 Jul 21st, 2011, 14:58
Join Date:
Jan 2008
  • brishti is offline
dear ankit,
welcome to indiamike!

police verification = verifying the fact that you live in the address that you have listed in the passport.
so, yes - when the police turn up at the address, and find you not there, there will be a problem

here is what i suggest - [ narendra, please correct me if i'm wrong ]
take a photocopy of ALL the documents that you are attaching with your passport application, including a photocopy of the application.
and for good measure - of the Voter ID, licence, DOB certificate and Rastion Card [ some of the documents that you may not be submitting with your application ]

attest all the photocopies.
staple the same passport photograph, as in your application - on top of all the photocopies.

write a covering letter - addressing it to the Police Inspector of the thana in your area, that will be verifying your address.
state the reasons why you are not available at your permanent address.
state your temporary address.
list all the documents that you have attached... after your signature.

take a photocopy of the above letter - have the police station stamp and sign that they have received the original.

take an appointment and try and hand it in to the inspector himself.

... and then hope all works out
no reason why it shouldnt.

all the best.
#3 Jul 21st, 2011, 21:03
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Hyderabad, india
  • narendra.d is offline
The idea suggested above by @brishti is good and makes sense, but not sure if the Police will go with it. Their contention may be you may have sold it or might sell it or you may decide not move back or some such. So you may take documentation to prove you/dad still own the place as well. Considering the fact that you have been living there since birth and your dad for 40 years, I think you can get this done. However if possible in addition to the above suggestion, take your dad and someone very influential like the local corporator/councilor/ward member along to the Police. This may make it easier.

OTOH, if you think the place will be ready and you can move in by the time the verification file comes to the Police (normally takes anywhere between 20 days to 2 months sometimes, but average a month), you may think of avoiding all this jhanjhat and hope for the best.
#4 Jan 4th, 2012, 17:05
Join Date:
Jan 2012
  • ujjawal38 is offline

Hello narendra

I have a question too regarding permanent address, I was born on 14-1-1990, but that time my birth certificate was not made, so i got my birth certificate on 28-12-2011, which mentions my permanent address as the one in which I was residing before 2003.

but in the online generated form i have filled my permanent address as the new one, in which I m living right now from 2003 onwards.And now i have to got to passport office with document on 23-01-2011.So will I face any problem?
#5 Jan 4th, 2012, 19:00
Join Date:
Aug 2011
  • gosubmit is offline
why dont you wait until completion and then apply for passport? keep in mind that the present address will be endorsed in passport not permanent address.
#6 Sep 2nd, 2013, 12:40
Join Date:
Sep 2013
New Delhi
  • Pasang Sherpa is offline

address issue in passport

hello, I am from Assam and i stay in Delhi, recently on 26th July 2013, i have applied for a passport in normal, i made a huge mistake instead of my permanent address I have filled the current address, and instead of current address I have filled the permanent address where i stay in a rent house, now its time for police verification, will i face any problem regarding this? and i want to know which address will be mentioned in my passport, the current or the permanent? please help me in this regard!
#7 Sep 2nd, 2013, 19:43
Join Date:
Jun 2013
Send a message via Skype™ to amit.gksharma
  • amit.gksharma is offline
You are supposed to give the details of all the address on which you have reside in past one year.
#8 Dec 3rd, 2014, 12:22
Join Date:
Dec 2014
  • simbu08258 is offline

Address mismatch

Hi ,
Address mentioned in my birth certificate and my other proof (like rationcard,voterid,bank passbook)are mismatched. the propblem is all my documents have same address details except birth certificate.Is cause any problem while i apply passport?
#9 Dec 3rd, 2014, 12:30
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
  • Prakaant is offline
Address does not bear any impact on the issuance of passport.

The Birth Certificate should contain the name of applicant, name of father and mother, date of birth, place of birth, sex, registration number and date of registration.

If the Birth Certificate doesn’t contain the name of applicant, a declaration on plain paper signed by parents, is required to be submitted specifying the name of the applicant.
#10 Apr 6th, 2016, 16:39
Join Date:
Apr 2016
  • Amrish Wagh is offline

I really need help regarding issuing fresh passport for my wife. I already have passport and now want to issue one for my wife. Currently my permenant address is under redevelopement and i have shifted to sisters place for time being. I shall get the new flat with the new address in the newly built building at the end of 2017. Till then i will be residing at my sister's place. I am staying rent free and we dont have any legal agreement. Hence i am stuck at providing the address proof for the current address.

I have the following options:-
1) Get my wife's passport in her maiden name under unmarried. I might later add my name as spouse but then the problem being that the date of marriage will precede to the passport issue date which might create problem.
2) Any other options that anyone can help me get the passport with my wife's changed name and the solution to my address problem.

P.S- I have my marriage certificate....i have electricity bill and any other bill of my current address.
#11 Apr 6th, 2016, 21:22
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
  • Prakaant is offline
An applicant has to mention the address (in current address section) where he/she resides currently. It does not matter whether he/she resides without paying any rent or by paying it.

The applicant will have to mention relationship with the owner of house (using a sworn affidavit).

Please ask her to desist from giving any wrong information/hiding any information.
#12 Apr 6th, 2016, 22:06
Join Date:
Feb 2016
Wellington, NZ
  • nativecoloradan is offline
I don't know about Delhi but even though I didn't have these issues, I just went to my local police station and they did the needful.
I don't think its that sort of country anymore.

Passports no longer are that big a deal. Quite common now.

Just go to your local thana and ask. They will tell you. No need to second guess the process

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2018
Page Load Success