A good hair doctor in Bangalore

#1 Dec 9th, 2012, 20:36
Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
bangalore
Posts:
14
  • idle is offline
#1
Hello everyone!

I have been finding it really hard to find out which hair doctor I should visit.

I googled, but I am worried if all the praising I read about a doctor/clinic is self appraisal.

I am a 20 year old guy experiencing thinning hair and dandruff.
However, I am not sure about anything and want a professional to confirm what issue I am facing.

So, can someone suggest a good hair doctor whom you have heard something about, or even better, visited.

Thank you, people!
#2 Dec 9th, 2012, 21:21
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post I am a 20 year old guy experiencing thinning hair and dandruff.
However, I am not sure about anything and want a professional to confirm what issue I am facing.
A skin specialist is one you should start with.

Just an info to chew on: I was able to treat Dandruff by stopping the use all commercial Hair care products like Shampoos, conditioners, creams etc.
#3 Dec 9th, 2012, 22:30
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Location:
Canada
Posts:
1,316
  • abracax is offline
#3
Yes, if you need a dermatologist, look up Dr. Rustom Tehrani in Shivajinagar.
Google him, I think you can even make appointments online.
I've known him for years. Solid, no nonsense, doesn't run up your bill with pointless tests.
New home for my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/abracax/
#4 Dec 10th, 2012, 17:16
Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
bangalore
Posts:
14
  • idle is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.d View Post A skin specialist is one you should start with.

Just an info to chew on: I was able to treat Dandruff by stopping the use all commercial Hair care products like Shampoos, conditioners, creams etc.
How then do you clean your hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracax View Post Yes, if you need a dermatologist, look up Dr. Rustom Tehrani in Shivajinagar.
Google him, I think you can even make appointments online.
I've known him for years. Solid, no nonsense, doesn't run up your bill with pointless tests.
Thanks for the info.

Since you say you have know him for years, is he a nice person who talks well with patients?
And I hope he isn't bald himself. (I wouldn't want to visit a bald doctor for hairfall. There are loads of people who say I should accept baldness, and things like that.)

I am seriously considering visiting him.
Is this his place?
Do you think I could have a hair diagnosis at his place?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but I'm worried and am struggling hard to decide on a good doctor who would consider my problem (since it is an aesthetic issue and not a disease).

Thank you!
#5 Dec 10th, 2012, 17:32
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post How then do you clean your hair?
Shower everyday with just plain water. Use Soap nut occasionally. There are plenty more products that you can use.
#6 Dec 10th, 2012, 19:16
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Location:
Canada
Posts:
1,316
  • abracax is offline
#6
That's the place.
I can't say anything about your medical issues because I know little about the subject except that if male pattern baldness runs in your family, you might as well accept it.
I only know Rustom as a friend and not a doctor, but I do know that his patients are quite devoted to him.

-FGP
#7 Dec 10th, 2012, 19:27
Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
bangalore
Posts:
14
  • idle is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracax View Post That's the place.
I can't say anything about your medical issues because I know little about the subject except that if male pattern baldness runs in your family, you might as well accept it.
I only know Rustom as a friend and not a doctor, but I do know that his patients are quite devoted to him.

-FGP
Okay. On a serious note, is he bald?
I seemed to have stumbled up on a pic on google images, that had a bald pic with his name. Can't be sure though.
#8 Dec 10th, 2012, 19:50
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#8
If the hair loss and thinning is due to a medical reason like dandruff, then it is treatable easily, while if its Harmonal like male pattern baldness, then may be not too many workable or easy options. See if other members in your family like father, uncles and cousins have the same issue.

I would not worry, if he is bald (other specialties may not necessarily follow the same logic).
#9 Dec 10th, 2012, 20:19
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
32,617
  • aarosh is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post Okay. On a serious note, is he bald?
I seemed to have stumbled up on a pic on google images, that had a bald pic with his name. Can't be sure though.
Are you talking about the linkedin image? If yes, then I think he is the same doctor. His profile talks about the information given in the earlier threads.
#10 Dec 12th, 2012, 00:45
Join Date:
Nov 2011
Location:
bangalore
Posts:
14
  • idle is offline
#10
Thank you, aarosh, narendra.d, abracax !!!

@narendra.d, I'm afraid it is genetic.

And by the way, has someone heard of Dr.Health clinics <http://www.drhealthclinic.com/> (one Dr. Shahid Shamsher)?
There is an unusual amount of appraisal on Yahoo answers and some blogs that say the same good stuff. I suspect something is not right about it.
Someone who has visited it?
#11 Jul 3rd, 2015, 16:26
Join Date:
Jun 2015
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
1
  • Swathi88 is offline
#11
Last month I went to hairline clinic for hair fall treatment, I met Dr. Dinesh there and he analyzed my scalp condition and suggested treatment for my hair fall.

You can get his number from Practo
#12 Jul 6th, 2015, 10:37
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
12
  • tanyaankur is offline
#12
Practo is a good site to get doctors for your treatment . You can look for doctors through Practo at https://www.practo.com/bangalore/tre...-for-hair-loss. You can check their mobile app as well

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Good doctor in JNU area Nov 8th, 2009 20:28 4 1140 Delhi
Good Ayurveda doctor in Varanasi???? Sep 12th, 2009 18:31 0 2181 Health and Well Being in India
Need Good Doctor in Delhi Jul 27th, 2006 19:18 2 2705 Health and Well Being in India
Urgent! Need good doctor in Jaisalmir! Mar 21st, 2006 21:56 18 3952 Health and Well Being in India


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success