Trip to Vizag -- Need Suggestion
arinhere
India > States in India > India Travel > Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
#1
| miles to go before I sleep

Trip to Vizag -- Need Suggestion

Hello All,

I am planning to take my first trip to vizag in this December with my family from Kolkata. We will be 12 peoples. Could you please suggest me probable route of travel, budget hotels etc. for the trip.

We are planning to stay there from 26th Dec to 30th Dec and board train to Kolkata on 30th Dec night.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions

Thanks - Arin

28 Replies

#2
| Maha Guru Member
There are a few threads that will give you an idea of places that you might see and places that you may stay at. Do some more research and ask specific questions. Like Budget hotels for you might be way out of budget for me.
#3
| miles to go before I sleep
thanks for replying back...

yes actually I am looking for budget hotels with all facilities[not luxurious], near rishikonda beach

and making my trip plan according to that

please let me know

Thanks - Arin
#4
| Member

Originally posted by: arinhere View Post

Hello All,

I am planning to take my first trip to vizag in this December with my family from Kolkata. We will be 12 peoples. Could you please suggest me probable route of travel, budget hotels etc. for the trip.

We are planning to stay there from 26th Dec to 30th Dec and board train to Kolkata on 30th Dec night.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions

Thanks - Arin


December Would Be the perfect time to Visit Visakhapatnam

For Budget Hotels,Refer This:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Visakhapatnam#Sleep

For Places to Visit in Vizag:
Simhachalam temple
Kailasagiri
Kali Temple, RK Beach Road
Kailasagiri(go By Ropeway)
Yarada Beach
Bhimili Beach
Thotlakonda
Submarine Museum
Aquarium
Fishing harbour and Many More.

To See All These Places, it Will Cost For You Too Much If You Opt For Taxi.Try to Go By Bus[it Will Save Your Money,i Will Give The Bus No List Later(I'm resident of Vizag] And A Proper Itineary too.(if You Want)


tell Me by Which train Are You Coming And Do You Want to Visit Araku Also?
#5
| Omnipresent
#6
| miles to go before I sleep
yes I did but they are bit costly.I am looking within Rs.800 per day.
#7
| Omnipresent
Around Rs. 800 during Christmas with all facilities near beach will be very difficult.
#8
| Maha Guru Member
Are you saying Rs.800 per room or for all 12 people together. Rushikonda has the APTDC resort called Haritha which is well known and good as well. In addition I think there is something called Saipriya/saiprasad something. An option can be to stay in town and travel to Rushikonda.

And rates during that time will be higher because of holidays and new year.
#9
| miles to go before I sleep
yes I mentioned per room per day....I travelled mainly in the mountains...so have least idea about places like vizag :)
#10
| miles to go before I sleep

Originally posted by: Amar672 View Post

December Would Be the perfect time to Visit Visakhapatnam

For Budget Hotels,Refer This:
http://wikitravel.org/en/Visakhapatnam#Sleep

For Places to Visit in Vizag:
Simhachalam temple
Kailasagiri
Kali Temple, RK Beach Road
Kailasagiri(go By Ropeway)
Yarada Beach
Bhimili Beach
Thotlakonda
Submarine Museum
Aquarium
Fishing harbour and Many More.

To See All These Places, it Will Cost For You Too Much If You Opt For Taxi.Try to Go By Bus[it Will Save Your Money,i Will Give The Bus No List Later(I'm resident of Vizag] And A Proper Itineary too.(if You Want)


tell Me by Which train Are You Coming And Do You Want to Visit Araku Also?


we are planning to take Trichi Express and yes we are planning to go araku
#11
| Senior Member
Hi Arin ,
I have visited Vizag few years back..u can try my suggestions..
1. All the places in Vizag can be seen in 2 days, so dont stay in vizag for not more than 2 days..

2. You can go to Tyda .. its near Boracave..but there is only one accommodation of APTDC..try to book it..its awesome exp to stay in lap of jungle in tyda. You can viist Boracave from there by Bus

3. You can left Araku..nothing special there.except LASH GREEN VALLEY
#12
| Member

Originally posted by: arinhere View Post

we are planning to take Trichi Express and yes we are planning to go araku

That's a Good train too.
Since You're Planning to go to Araku Take VSKP-KRDL Passenger upto Chimidpalli ;From There Take a Auto/Taxi And Reach Borra Caves.
#13
| Member
#14
| Senior
While in Vizag we took the Heritage tour,enjoyed it and saved a hassle of getting around.
http://aptdc.in/tourpack/vizag.php
#15
| Senior Member
Several years back I stayed at the Sai Priya resort in Rushikonda. We payed 550 Rs for a bungalow with private bathroom. It's close to the beach and there was a swimming pool.

Prices might have gone up by now, but you might want to check it out.