Destination Lava-Lollegaon-Rishap

Reply
#61 May 20th, 2009, 14:25
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Howrah
Posts:
29
  • novicetraveler is offline
#61
Apurba, I am a query, our tour plan comes to 6 days i.e. hotel booking for 5 days. where lolegaon for 2 days, we r in hand 3days, what r u think that we put 2 days for lava & 1 day for rishop or 1 day for lava & 2 days for rishop. what will be better ? Pl advice me.
#62 May 20th, 2009, 15:08
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
533
  • apurba1982 is offline
#62
Quote:
Originally Posted by novicetraveler View Post Apurba, I am a query, our tour plan comes to 6 days i.e. hotel booking for 5 days. where lolegaon for 2 days, we r in hand 3days, what r u think that we put 2 days for lava & 1 day for rishop or 1 day for lava & 2 days for rishop. what will be better ? Pl advice me.
It is purely your choice, if you can book Dukpa 1, and Lepcha 1, go for Lava with 2 days.You will not get any better view as you will get from there,whereas in Rishap,Lovely Resort is the first hotel while you are entering Rishap by trekking, and give you a good view but not as good as from Dukpa 1 in lava.However on a clear day (I am worrying about weather at that time)Kanchejungha is visible from Rishap, but not very clearly from lava.So now it is your choice what you will do.I shall opt for lava if was in your condition.
Last edited by apurba1982; May 22nd, 2009 at 12:57..
#63 May 20th, 2009, 15:14
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Howrah
Posts:
29
  • novicetraveler is offline
#63
ok thanks.
#64 May 20th, 2009, 15:15
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
533
  • apurba1982 is offline
#64
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeosphere View Post Am sorry if I annoyed you a bit but I really have no idea about that place. I can only imagine and conceptualize plans according to the valuable suggestions shared by you and other friends here. So far everything is going good but still I would like to make our plan as realistic as possible.
Thanks again for your help. I will book Lepcha and Hornbill for sure. The only problem is how but I hope I will get some positive reply from WBFDC.
You suggested to do the sight seeing at Kalimpong while going back to Bagdogra. Do you think we will be able to catch our flight at 16:00 doing that?
Any scope for Pedong?
HI, as Novicetraveller has suggested (he may have enquired it over phone for you)you can go for booking via sending draft to WBFDC.I think you should phone yourself and talk to them directly.
#65 May 20th, 2009, 23:12
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Warsaw
Posts:
22
  • freeosphere is offline
#65
Quote:
Originally Posted by apurba1982 View Post HI, as Novicetraveller has suggested (he may have enquired it over phone for you)you can go for booking via sending draft to WBFDC.I think you should phone yourself and talk to them directly.
I called them up today and had a very brief conversation. Some gentleman on phone told me to call again later as reservations for September will start in July. And before I could ask my next question he hung up the call. I couldn't dare to call him again as he already appeared unwilling to talk (coz of any reason), but thats Ok. They have another number, I will try 61 next time

Thanks apurba and novice for your suggestions!
#66 May 20th, 2009, 23:15
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Warsaw
Posts:
22
  • freeosphere is offline
#66
Does anyone think "Pedong" deserves a whole day visit? If yes, any good hotel there?

Also, does internet work in those areas (by whatever means)?

Thanks in advance!
#67 May 21st, 2009, 15:38
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Howrah
Posts:
29
  • novicetraveler is offline
#67
[QUOTE=freeosphere;730792]Does anyone think "Pedong" deserves a whole day visit? If yes, any good hotel there?

I include pedong for 1 day in my litenery. Nilpahari Lodge, Prop. MR. Sunil Mukhia, if I get his contact no then I post for u.
#68 May 21st, 2009, 16:00
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Howrah
Posts:
29
  • novicetraveler is offline
#68
pl. check our planning :
Day 1 : Reach NJP at 8 am, by bus to Kalimpong, then car Kalimpong to Pedong, stay at pedong Nilpahari guest house, lepchajagat.
Day 2 : From algoramore car to Lolegaon-WBFDC, Jhandidhara for sunrise, Canopy walk in day time, sunset in the evening.
Day 3 : Early morning departure for LAVA-WBFDC by car, Lava
monastery, handicraft centre, Neora valley, Rachilla Pass,
nature Interpretation Centre (Museum).
Day 4 : Early morning trek / jeep to Rishop-Lovely Dessert (by WBFDC).
Day 5 : Tiffindara for Sunrise, rest.
Day 6 : Start for NJP at 11 (Lunch at Teesta Bazar dhaba). Or Rishop – Kalimpong – NJP route.
Reaching NJP short interval at Hong Kong market placing luggage at Cloak Room at Pt No 1. Darjellimg Mail at 08:05.
Last edited by novicetraveler; May 21st, 2009 at 17:45.. Reason: like to send to many member
#69 May 21st, 2009, 21:29
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Warsaw
Posts:
22
  • freeosphere is offline
#69
Quote:
Originally Posted by novicetraveler View Post I include pedong for 1 day in my litenery. Nilpahari Lodge, Prop. MR. Sunil Mukhia, if I get his contact no then I post for u.
Thanks, I will be looking forward to it.
#70 May 21st, 2009, 21:34
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Warsaw
Posts:
22
  • freeosphere is offline
#70
Quote:
Originally Posted by novicetraveler View Post pl. check our planning :
Day 1 : Reach NJP at 8 am, by bus to Kalimpong, then car Kalimpong to Pedong, stay at pedong Nilpahari guest house, lepchajagat.
Day 2 : From algoramore car to Lolegaon-WBFDC, Jhandidhara for sunrise, Canopy walk in day time, sunset in the evening.
Day 3 : Early morning departure for LAVA-WBFDC by car, Lava
monastery, handicraft centre, Neora valley, Rachilla Pass,
nature Interpretation Centre (Museum).
Day 4 : Early morning trek / jeep to Rishop-Lovely Dessert (by WBFDC).
Day 5 : Tiffindara for Sunrise, rest.
Day 6 : Start for NJP at 11 (Lunch at Teesta Bazar dhaba). Or Rishop – Kalimpong – NJP route.
Reaching NJP short interval at Hong Kong market placing luggage at Cloak Room at Pt No 1. Darjellimg Mail at 08:05.
You will have almost half day for Pedong and only one day for Loleygaon. I think you should stay at Loleygaon for at least 2 days as many suggests there is quite much to see. You may drop Tiffindara on Day 5 to make the adjustments.
#71 May 21st, 2009, 22:01
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
kOLKATA, INDIA
Posts:
106
  • rudra75 is offline
#71

Visit to Kalimpong, Lava, Loleygaon and Rishop

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have been going through the conversations. It was all very illuminating and i couldn't help joining in.
I want to travel to Kalimpong, Lava, Loleygaon and Rishop say from 24th or 25th of September.My wife and I will be traveling.

Can anyone tell me whether it is advisable to book a small car from NJP /Siliguri or cover the whole tour by bus ? What about the bus service in that region ? Is it regular ?

Or is it advisable to hire cars as and where necessary? In that case please tell me whether hired cars are readily available in all the above mentioned places?

Please also tell me the approx. hiring rate of a small car(say Indica).
Also can anyone suggest a tour itinerary if I want to return to NJP through Malbazar?
One last thing, can anyone suggest a link/site featuring a detailed map of that region ?
#72 May 22nd, 2009, 12:02
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
533
  • apurba1982 is offline
#72

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeosphere View Post I called them up today and had a very brief conversation. Some gentleman on phone told me to call again later as reservations for September will start in July. And before I could ask my next question he hung up the call. I couldn't dare to call him again as he already appeared unwilling to talk (coz of any reason), but thats Ok. They have another number, I will try 61 next time

Thanks apurba and novice for your suggestions!
Hi Dear, myself was suffering from fever so a bit late in replying. First of all on behalf of Indian people I am saying you SORRY for the rude behaviour of the staff in WBFDC. You can opt for Pedong, no matter, as novicetraveller has suggested, but in your short tour the mission will be too much hectic. It is nothing more than you can tell your friend going back home that you have had covered so many places.Pedong has no better view than Rishap-lolegaon.
You can enjoy wireless USB modem/data card internet facility available all over the places if you come with your laptop(wondering about the speed).But if you mean for a cyber cafe you can only find it at NJP and Kalimpong Why do you need to work on everyday matters in a holiday outing sir? Just come and devote yourself in the nature , only matter of five days!.enjoy only the nature. Forget about office works, laptop, computers e mails.
If you want I can talk to WBFDC over telephone and let you know and confirm.
Last edited by apurba1982; May 22nd, 2009 at 22:30..
#73 May 22nd, 2009, 12:38
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
533
  • apurba1982 is offline
#73
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra75 View Post Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have been going through the conversations. It was all very illuminating and i couldn't help joining in.
I want to travel to Kalimpong, Lava, Loleygaon and Rishop say from 24th or 25th of September.My wife and I will be traveling.

Can anyone tell me whether it is advisable to book a small car from NJP /Siliguri or cover the whole tour by bus ? What about the bus service in that region ? Is it regular ?

Or is it advisable to hire cars as and where necessary? In that case please tell me whether hired cars are readily available in all the above mentioned places?

Please also tell me the approx. hiring rate of a small car(say Indica).
Also can anyone suggest a tour itinerary if I want to return to NJP through Malbazar?
One last thing, can anyone suggest a link/site featuring a detailed map of that region ?
Everywhere Hiring car is easily available, you don't need to hire a single car for the whole tour as it will cost you nearly 800 rupees extra per day.By bus you can go to Kalimpong from NJP, and the only bus to Lolegaon(Kafer) via Lava departs at 7am from Kalimpong.
To NJP via malbazar???Well, it is in different route from Damdim, you cannot come back via malbazar,from lava/Kalimpong to NJP, while coming back via Garubathan,you have to take left turn (8KMS) from Damdim to reach Malbazar, while NJP is on right turning.
Indica rates are like this (approx)
NJP to Lava: 1500
NJP-kalimong: 850
kalimpong to lava: 650
Lava to Lolegaon: 500
Lolegaon to NJP: 2100
The google map covering that region is available upto kalimpong only,You can see Google earth/wikimapia for lava-Lolegaon Rishap, However I have found a real paper map of that region.If you want I can mail you that, in that case send me your email id as a pvt message.
Last edited by apurba1982; May 23rd, 2009 at 21:53..
#74 May 22nd, 2009, 23:03
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Warsaw
Posts:
22
  • freeosphere is offline
#74
Thanks for your courtesy, apurba1982. I am really moved by your politeness. I will let you know as and when we are ready with the final road-map.

rudra75, here are two links that may help you. I am not sure about their accuracy but they are good to familiarize yourself with that place. On the second link you can see time/distance table also.

http://www.actnowornever.org/images/...ep_bht_map.jpg
http://kalimpong.org/map.html
#75 May 23rd, 2009, 01:06
Join Date:
Mar 2008
Location:
dakshin
Posts:
1,345
  • chAos is offline
#75
Re: bus, keeping in mind that these are mountain roads, and that some people might feel poorly with all the twists and turns, you may want to consider that the bus will stop for no man... or woman, or child, whether they're sitting by the window or you are.

The roads are generally in good shape though, so it's not bumpy as well as twisty.
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Help me chose between Gangtok/Yamthung and Lava/Lolaygaon Jan 10th, 2012 12:24 19 7958 West Bengal
Need info on Lava/Gangtok/Yamthung Jan 10th, 2012 12:17 8 4846 Off the Beaten Trail in India
destination india Sep 8th, 2004 23:28 0 1129 Introduce Yourself
A dream destination May 27th, 2004 21:20 27 3091 Chai and Chat
Destination indecision! Mar 21st, 2004 10:43 7 1354 India Travel Itinerary Advice


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success