Car hire in & around Jaldapara

#1 Dec 13th, 2011, 15:38
Join Date:
Feb 2010
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
96
  • tirupati.banerjee is offline
#1
I am going to Jaldapara in the last week of Dec'11 where i will be putting up in Jaldapara Tourist Lodge for 2 days & Malangi tourist lodge in Borodabari for 1 day. I have decided to hire car point to point basis rather than taking a single car for the entire trip. Since only my wife will be with me i guess alto/indica would be right for us? It would be really helpfull if somebody who has recently been to these places quote some rough amount around the fare for hiring cars for the below journeys.

1) Hasimara - Jaldapara tourist lodge (Do we have to hire car for this journey or are there some other cheaper ways of going to the lodge from the station?):

2) Jaldapara Jeep Safari:

3) Transfer to Hollong & back from Jaldapara Tourist Lodge for morning elephant ride:

4) Jaldapara to Barodabari Lodge:

5) Chilapota Safari(from Barodabari):
#2 Dec 13th, 2011, 19:02
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
Calcutta, India
Posts:
122
  • Dibyajyoti is offline
#2
1. Hasimara to Madarihat is around 5 km.
2. Jaldapara Tourist Lodge (not Holong) is actually at Madarihat, just beside Madarihat Youth Hostel.
3. You have to take a cab for morning elephant ride. please arrange ticket beforehand and try to get 1st ride's ticket which is at 6AM (there are total three rides of 1 hour). ticket price is 340/- per ticket + Car parking charge( i think 125/-) + Camera charge (50 for still camera).
5. no idea about jeep safari. sorry.
4. I am not sure about car fare as one of my friend arranged the car with a heavy discount.
If you need more info please send me your cell no. or PM me.
#3 Feb 16th, 2012, 12:57
Join Date:
Dec 2011
Location:
Poland
Posts:
13
  • Jajkoski is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibyajyoti View Post 1. Hasimara to Madarihat is around 5 km.
2. Jaldapara Tourist Lodge (not Holong) is actually at Madarihat, just beside Madarihat Youth Hostel.
3. You have to take a cab for morning elephant ride. please arrange ticket beforehand and try to get 1st ride's ticket which is at 6AM (there are total three rides of 1 hour). ticket price is 340/- per ticket + Car parking charge( i think 125/-) + Camera charge (50 for still camera).
5. no idea about jeep safari. sorry.
4. I am not sure about car fare as one of my friend arranged the car with a heavy discount.
If you need more info please send me your cell no. or PM me.
I believe I read on this forum that Hasimara has hardly any cabs available (I'm going there next week by Kanchankanya Exp), and its important to book a cab beforehand. Any suggestion how I can do that from Kolkata? I somehow find it difficult that there won't be enough cabs when a major train like Kanchankanya hits the stations...Thanks for any advice
#4 Feb 16th, 2012, 14:26
Join Date:
Oct 2007
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
2,539
  • asishdas is offline
#4

Cab at Hasimara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajkoski View Post I believe I read on this forum that Hasimara has hardly any cabs available (I'm going there next week by Kanchankanya Exp), and its important to book a cab beforehand. Any suggestion how I can do that from Kolkata? I somehow find it difficult that there won't be enough cabs when a major train like Kanchankanya hits the stations...Thanks for any advice
1. The information is not correct. In fact, there will be plenty of cabs at the station. The willing drivers of these waiting cabs would most likely approach you right at the platform.
2. I have gone Hasimara number of times by K K Exp. and every time I encountered same picture at the station.
3. By the way, I am again going to Hasimara next week, reaching Hasimara on 21st Feb Tuesday by KK Exp. When you are going? I haven't book any cab beforehand and I am confident that I will have no problem on this account.
#5 Feb 22nd, 2012, 13:23
Join Date:
Dec 2011
Location:
Poland
Posts:
13
  • Jajkoski is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by asishdas View Post 1. The information is not correct. In fact, there will be plenty of cabs at the station. The willing drivers of these waiting cabs would most likely approach you right at the platform.
2. I have gone Hasimara number of times by K K Exp. and every time I encountered same picture at the station.
3. By the way, I am again going to Hasimara next week, reaching Hasimara on 21st Feb Tuesday by KK Exp. When you are going? I haven't book any cab beforehand and I am confident that I will have no problem on this account.

Thanks for your assurance. Sorry our trip has got delayed and we are going on first week of March. Hopefully your experience at the station with the cabs went well this time too?
#6 Feb 28th, 2012, 20:14
Join Date:
Feb 2012
Location:
kolkata
Posts:
120
  • solitary soul is offline
#6
dont worry your journey is gonna be fine just go reach jaldapara tourist lodge after that they will guide you through. they are very helpful. and this time the rush is less so you will get the tickets of elephant safari easy. yea its a bit costly but hey you are never gonna forget it!! and do experience the forest and don't expect wildlife much only then shall mother nature unfold her secrets
#7 Feb 28th, 2012, 23:09
Join Date:
Oct 2007
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
2,539
  • asishdas is offline
#7
I am just back from Dooars trip last sunday. I stayed at Malangi Lodge, owned by West Bengal Forest Dev Corprn. This lodge is located at Hasimara, close to Chilapata Forest, but appox 15 KM away from Jaldapara/Madarihat. I have no problem in getting car. As usual Car drivers started approaching us right at the platform (we reached there by KK Exp) We hired a Maruti Omni and the driver is well behaved. But you have to bargain hard before finalizing the deal. I have no problem in getting elephant safari tickets either. We got for the next day morning trip. Solitary soul is correct, this time I found fewer tourists and the demand for tickets is less.
#8 Oct 27th, 2014, 16:03
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
611
  • life1style1 is offline
#8
Anyone aware of the recent rates of Jungle safari from Barodabari(Malangi) WBFDC bunglow?
Only rules that matters are:What a man can do and what a man can not !!!!

****************************** **
Some of my compilations in Flickr

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Car hire in Manali & Leh Apr 9th, 2013 23:28 9 7002 Ladakh & Zanskar
Car & Driver Hire Jan 26th, 2009 06:42 1 1318 Other Areas
Car&Driver Hire: Here or There? Feb 17th, 2007 13:50 4 1599 Kerala
Hotel Accomodation & Car Hire May 18th, 2006 23:18 14 1135 Goa


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success