Young family looking to shift & settle in Uttranchal - seek your advice

Reply
#1426 Dec 25th, 2017, 19:26
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Almora
Posts:
6,446
  • jituyadav is offline
#1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.b View Post 1. You can try getting a remote job. Companies like Tracxn might be a good fit for you, but not sure if they have the remote working option or not.
Aditya, Tracxn is into report generating for various sectors, the end users and sectors are both situated in or near major centers, so I would be really interested to know what do they have to offer in hills, thanks.

If you are talking about pure remote job without any relevance to ones location, then I doubt it would be much of a worthwhile option, not to mention completely insecure. The competition in remote jobs is huge, and even there people placed in big cities are preferred by employers for some reasons, at least that is my understanding.

And yes, Hi
If you find my posts confrontationist, please bear, I am an old frustrated guy who has nothing better to do than sit on rocking chair and curse the world whole day
#1427 Dec 27th, 2017, 19:46
Join Date:
Oct 2014
Location:
Kolkata,India
Posts:
51
  • Dodoindia is offline
#1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.b View Post @Dodoindia
Here are a few pointers for you. PM me if you'd like to discuss further. All the best for your endeavors and hope you get to live your dream soon!

1. You can try getting a remote job. Companies like Tracxn might be a good fit for you, but not sure if they have the remote working option or not. It's not easy to find remote work but it's not impossible either.

2. I know of these companies operating out of the hills that you can approach and try for an internship/job with them:

B2R Technologies - Kumaon region
Development Logics + Vayudoot Internet - Dharamshala
gai Technologies - Dharamshala

3. Since you like teaching, try connecting with these schools:

Himalayan Education Foundation - Chaukori, Uttarakhand
Sikkim Himalayan Academy - Bariakhop Village
Himalayan Village School - Majkhali, Uttarakhand

4. See if these NGOs have any volunteering opportunities that suit you. Once you stay at a place for a few months, it opens up more options.

Himjoli - Kumaon
Aarohi - Kumaon
Chirag - Kumaon
Spiti Ecosphere
LHA Charitable Trust - Dharamshala
Wahoe Community Volunteer Programmes - Shimla
ROSE (Rural Organisation for Social Elevation) - Kanda, Bageshwar
Ankuri - Dehradun
Haji Public School - Breswana, J&K
Jammu and Kashmir Association of Social Workers - Srinagar
Ecotourism and Conservation Society of Sikkim (ECOSS) - Sikkim
Fertile Ground - Assam
Aaranyak - Guwahati

5. Some other interesting initiatives in the Kangra region. Since your preference is Himachal Pradesh, connecting with these people could be helpful.

My Earth Store / Saadho - Organic Farming - Yol Cantt Road
Nishtha - Healthcare clinic - Rakkar
Jagori- Women empowerment - Rakkar
Dharmalaya - Eco architecture - Bir
Navek La - Homestay/Creative space - Rakkar
Aavishkar - Learning centre - Palampur
Tibetan Entrepreneurship Development - Mcleodganj
Geek Room - Computer literacy - Mcleodganj
Dharamsala Animal Rescue - Rakkar
Peepal Farm - Animal Welfare/Farmstay - Dhanotu
Karma Studio - Community Space - Mcleodganj
Shepherds Inc - Trekking - Rakkar
Himalayan Quest - Trekking - Rakkar
Nature Conservation Foundation - Rakkar and Spiti
Thank you so much. I have already contacted some of these from the list. I will try the other places one by one and revert back here. Thanks a lot, even google doesn't throw all these names when you do a job search for Himachali companies.

Merry Christmas guys.
#1428 Dec 27th, 2017, 21:33
Join Date:
Jul 2010
Location:
Majkhali
Posts:
24
  • aditya.b is offline
#1428
Quote:
Originally Posted by jituyadav View Post Aditya, Tracxn is into report generating for various sectors, the end users and sectors are both situated in or near major centers, so I would be really interested to know what do they have to offer in hills, thanks.

If you are talking about pure remote job without any relevance to ones location, then I doubt it would be much of a worthwhile option, not to mention completely insecure. The competition in remote jobs is huge, and even there people placed in big cities are preferred by employers for some reasons, at least that is my understanding.

And yes, Hi
I mentioned that company as it seemed like a good fit based on his work experience. Being a startup, there is a small chance that they might be open to remote working. That may not happen immediately, but it is a possibility.

Yes, the competition in remote jobs is huge and they are mostly limited to the IT sector. But it's an option to keep in mind if one is trying to figure out how to move to a location of their choice. This is a good job board for remote opportunities: https://remoteok.io/

I'll be reaching out to you soon, it's been a while. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodoindia View Post Thank you so much. I have already contacted some of these from the list. I will try the other places one by one and revert back here. Thanks a lot, even google doesn't throw all these names when you do a job search for Himachali companies.

Merry Christmas guys.
Ah, don't revert back here for every update, unless it's a major one. That may violate the guidelines of this forum.

All the best!
#1429 Jan 13th, 2018, 13:22
Join Date:
Dec 2010
Location:
Dwarka, New Delhi
Posts:
2,887
  • srb810 is offline
#1429
Land circle rates revised in Uttarakhand
The Cabinet has decided to revise the land circle rates in Uttarakhand that will make buying of land costlier in the State. Whereas, there is an overall increase of 15% all across the State, however, higher rates have been fixed for some areas that include upto 100% increase in Landsdowne municipal region - here is the link to the news in Hindi - https://www.amarujala.com/dehradun/l...d?src=top-lead
#1430 Feb 13th, 2018, 22:14
Join Date:
Nov 2015
Location:
Not set
Posts:
9
  • Gokul Mehra is offline
#1430

Thumbs up Hello

No updates on the thread for long time

Hope we all still have dreams to settle in UK in time to come. This thread has been really useful to many of us, kindly keep posting your experience.

Thanks
#1431 Feb 14th, 2018, 02:19
Join Date:
May 2010
Location:
Mumbai
Posts:
192
  • nandadevieast is offline
#1431
To update:
The land i liked somehow didnít work out. This was my fourth trip to Kumaun in 6 months.
Due to work, i have slowed down a bit but not given up yet.
I heard from a source that the LDA ruling is out of the window now, though i have not confirmed this.
I spent some time in Bhawali in my last trip. Bhawali is dotted with construction but its still very green, just walk in any direction from the center and its nice.
#1432 Feb 14th, 2018, 11:33
Join Date:
Dec 2010
Location:
Dwarka, New Delhi
Posts:
2,887
  • srb810 is offline
#1432
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post To update:
The land i liked somehow didnít work out. This was my fourth trip to Kumaun in 6 months.
Due to work, i have slowed down a bit but not given up yet.
I heard from a source that the LDA ruling is out of the window now, though i have not confirmed this.
I spent some time in Bhawali in my last trip. Bhawali is dotted with construction but its still very green, just walk in any direction from the center and its nice.
Keep going, I got my piece of land after four years search
#1433 Feb 14th, 2018, 12:50
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Almora
Posts:
6,446
  • jituyadav is offline
#1433
Define your criteria, Go, Check, Buy, that's it! Otherwise you will be stuck in a loop...Go; check...Go; check...Go; check, and finally will buy just out of false satisfaction of looking at all possible options, which of course are endless.

In my view, it should not take more than a couple of trips to find a good place, the more time you take, the more comparisons you are building for future with the place you bought. In any case, once you settle, any place, no matter what place you choose, will eventually lose the exotic value and become a normal.
#1434 Feb 14th, 2018, 14:07
Join Date:
Apr 2008
Location:
New Delhi, NCR
Posts:
776
  • blackfog is offline
#1434


Quote:
Originally Posted by jituyadav View Post Define your criteria, Go, Check, Buy, that's it! Otherwise you will be stuck in a loop...Go; check...Go; check...Go; check, and finally will buy just out of false satisfaction of looking at all possible options, which of course are endless.
One of the most profound advise for any project management!
Quote:
In any case, once you settle, any place, no matter what place you choose, will eventually lose the exotic value and become a normal.
One of the most profound advise for expectation management!

Thanks.
#1435 Feb 15th, 2018, 19:09
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Almora
Posts:
6,446
  • jituyadav is offline
#1435
Thank you for the kind words.
#1436 Feb 18th, 2018, 16:09
Join Date:
Jul 2016
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
277
  • RRAWAT is offline
#1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by jituyadav View Post In my view, it should not take more than a couple of trips to find a good place, the more time you take, the more comparisons you are building for future with the place you bought. In any case, once you settle, any place, no matter what place you choose, will eventually lose the exotic value and become a normal.
Not correct!!
For a non native the first few trips serve only to get a broad idea of the region and terrain, unless you are guided by a very knowledgible and well intentioned person.
No point in rushing into a deal. Resale is extremely difficult there. It is more like marriage. Be patient, diligent, methodical and maybe you might get what you dreamt of!
I am not perfect !!! So bear with me. I will get quite bearable with time !!
Last edited by RRAWAT; Yesterday at 09:11..
#1437 Feb 18th, 2018, 16:14
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
30,834
  • aarosh is offline
#1437
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRAWAT View Post Not correct.
So you mean to say jitu ji's view is not correct and your's is correct?

I think I disagree is what you meant.
#1438 Feb 18th, 2018, 16:20
Join Date:
Jul 2016
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
277
  • RRAWAT is offline
#1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post To update:
The land i liked somehow didnít work out. This was my fourth trip to Kumaun in 6 months.
Due to work, i have slowed down a bit but not given up yet.
I heard from a source that the LDA ruling is out of the window now, though i have not confirmed this.
I spent some time in Bhawali in my last trip. Bhawali is dotted with construction but its still very green, just walk in any direction from the center and its nice.
Bhowali is no longer the typical dream destination . It is more of a overcrowded and highly expensive hill station. Many of the flats built there violate the regulations and are liable for demolition. The traffic condition is going to be horrible as soon as majority of the residents move in. It is already pathetic. Imagine, a 10 feet wide main road for thousands of flats in Shyamkhet.!!
You seem to be looking at the run of the mill locations.
Last edited by RRAWAT; Yesterday at 09:14..
#1439 Feb 18th, 2018, 16:22
Join Date:
Jul 2016
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
277
  • RRAWAT is offline
#1439
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post So you mean to say jitu ji's view is not correct and your's is correct?

I think I disagree is what you meant.
Yes, same thing. Meaning not correct from my perspective.
#1440 Yesterday, 09:02
Join Date:
Jul 2016
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
277
  • RRAWAT is offline
#1440
Hi, Srb.

You have a vast tour experience of the hills and have uploaded many such videos, one about Jalna- Lamgarha region. Can you or anyone , who has been there, share the views about that region? Pros & cons.. Dhura Devi also, if possible.

Your video link-





VIEW FROM JALNA
Attached Images
IMG-20180211-WA0016.jpg IMG-20180211-WA0022.jpg 
Last edited by RRAWAT; Yesterday at 10:33..
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Young Family in Goa May 13th, 2009 16:32 3 2320 Goa
Family trip to uttranchal - with age range of 1 to 70 Jan 24th, 2009 12:57 4 1692 Uttarakhand
Not Time Shift TV but Place Shift TV Oct 10th, 2006 15:24 8 2588 India Expat Area
Advice for young females traveling alone in India Feb 28th, 2004 22:42 121 22952 India For Beginners


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success