Auli to Tapovan via Kuari pass
I'm interesting in doing that trek. few question please (after I've search the forum):
1. after arriving to Joshimath- I will carry my own tent and sleeping bag, but where do I find a cooking stove and food? Do you recommended to do this via trekking agencies? Can you recommend on a trekking agencies?
2. How much time do I need for arrange and get ready and for this trek?
3. Do one still need a permit to that trek? if so- do one still arrange this via trekking agencies?
4. If I will take a porter- do I need a guide? Can I find a porter not via trekking agencies?
5. in how many nights it can be done (Auli to Tabovan via Kuari pass)? At which camping ground do you recommend (I read about few on the way from Auli to Kuari pass)
wonder why this post was left unrequited...doesn't look too tough a question for our seniors!!
It also dates to last August btw; one hopes the poster found their way there somehow by now.
I am no expert on this. I am planning to do this trek in first week of April and am gathering info. So I was bit annoyed at not seeing any replies to the the post. I am asking the same questions here as nitro did few months back!!
I have not done this trek but did Ramani-Kuari Pass-Tapoban in sept.'95. So let me try:
1. All provisions and equipments for trekking is available at Joshimath. I think, one can easily undertake this trek without involving trekking agencies.
2. You require one day to make the all the arrangements.
3. We had not taken any permit for Kuari Pass trek thinking that it was not required. But from others who had done this trek in the recent period, they had taken permits from Joshimath/Auli.
4. My advice is it is better to hire a guide for this trek especially if you are undertaking this trek in April. You may encounter some snow on way to Kuari Pass.
5. The itinerary for this trek could be as under:
Day-1 : Auli - Gorson - Chitrakantha 16 kms
Day-2 : Chitrakantha - Gailgarh - Kuari Pass - Gailgarh 13 kms
[It is better to start the trek early in the morning so that you are at Kuari Pass by around 9.30 a.m.]
Day-3 : Gailgarh - Tapoban 16 kms.[All climb down]
Tapoban - Joshimath 15 kms by Jeep/taxi
This can be stretched to 4 days by taking overnight halt at Garson.
Garson, Chitakantha and Gailgarh have camping sites and in Gailgarh there are couple of shepherds' huts where you may get tea/milk.
For starters and the site's search functions aside, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, you'll find a listing of "similar threads." Opening any of those will again feature a list of similar threads at bottom, and so on and so forth. It's an easy way to navigate the site.
but trouble is I do not have an extra day for making arrangements for the trek. If trip goes as planned, I will reach JM by 3-4 PM and would like make these arrangements(including the permit) in the evening. This way I can start the trek early next morning.
Will see the possibility of this once I reach JM/Auli.
Advice for Kuari Pass-Tapovan Trek
I am planning to undertake a trek to Kuari pass/Tapoban in the 1st week of June. Pls advice me on the following :-
a) Is it possible for my daughter, who is 7 yrs old, to do this trek?
b) Do I need to carry tents and ration? Is it a necessity?
c) I find there are lot of trekking agencies in Joshimath, Have any member taken help from them?
Me and my wife have both done some treks in the past.I have done Har-ki-dun trek, Pindari Glacier, Sandakphu, Valley of flowers and my wife accompanied me to Kedarnath and Tunganath-Deoriatal Treks.
Hope to receive your valuable suggestions.
Depends upon your daughters liking but I do not see any problem if she is fit and enjoy walking.
You will have to carry camping equipment.
Take the help of GMVN manager for choosing the agency. If possible take a horse along so that your daughter can ride it if need be.
Can you pls give me an indication of costs? Like Horse Hiring Charges, Porter Charges etc.
I understand it will be a 4-5 days trek can anyone help me with the route.
Sorry for the botheration but I am slightly tensed as I would be doing a trek after about 7 yrs,
Kuari Pass Trek
we are group of 5 males planning to do Kuari Pass Trek starting from Auli for 4 days
anyone who has been there, please advise on the things to care as we are first time trekkers and have hired a agency from Rishikesh
I hope your agency has told you what they are providing and what you are supposed to bring. Also what you have to carry while on trek and what food is going to be served. if all this is known have a good time. If i am not mistaken you are finishing the trek at Tapovan.
You may make change according to your requirement and time available.
Please obtain the latest rates etc from GNVN 01389-222226. Try speaking with Puran Rawat at 223229.
yes our agency has listed things they are providing and also what should we bring.
can you please let me know difficulty of trek.
we are starting from Auli and yes we are ending at Tapovan
any danger during trek?
thank you for your answer.
|All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 04:51.|| |
© IndiaMike.com 2013