Rajasthan Trip Planning - Oct 2017

#1 Mar 25th, 2017, 18:48
Join Date:
May 2016
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
24
  • shreya ghosh is offline
#1
Hi All,

We are planning to a trip to Rajasthan for 9N/10D in the mid of Oct this year .

we would like to start our tour from Jaipur and flyout from Jodhour or Udaipur.

Received the below itinerary :

Day 1 Arrive Jaipur. Sightseeing and night in Jaipur]
Day2 - Jaipur.
Day 3- Drive to Shekhawati . Sightseeing and night at Shekhawati.
Day4 - Morning drive to Bikaner. Sightseeing and night in Bikaner
Day5 - Morning drive to Jaisalmer. Night in Jaisalmer
Day6 - In Jaisalmer. Explore the fort and the town. Night in Jaisalmer
Day7 - Morning drive to Jodhpur. Afternoon visit Mehrangarh Fort. Night at Jodhpur.
Day8 - Morning drive to Ranakpur. Visit Ranakpur. Later drive to Udaipur. Night at Udaipur
Day9 - Udaipur sightseeing . Eklingji & Nagda Temples. Afternoon boat ride on the lake. Night at Udaipur.
Day10 - Depart Udaipur

Questions :

1> Is it a hectic Itinerary ?
2> In case I want to add Tanot and longewala then do we need to stay in Jailsalmer for 3 nights ?
3> How should the Itinerary be if we want to fly out of Jodhpur?


Regards,

Shreya
#2 Mar 28th, 2017, 01:47
Join Date:
May 2016
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
24
  • shreya ghosh is offline
#2
Hi All,

Have decided on below plan for now :

2 Nights Jaipur
1 Night Bikaner
2 Nights Jaisalmer
2 Night Jodhpur
2 Nights Udaipur

1> Can we cover Shekhawati and move to Bikaner on the same day ?

Regards,

Shreya
#3 Mar 29th, 2017, 19:10
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
Mumbai - Pune - ?
Posts:
916
  • kapilankar is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya ghosh View Post 1> Can we cover Shekhawati and move to Bikaner on the same day ?
Jaipur to Bokaner is a 6 hour drive via the towns of Shekhawati. The highway bypasses all towns so you dont really go into them unless you want to. About two hours into the drive you'll cross Laxmangarh and Fatehpur. Both these places have the Shekhawati havelis.

You can skip Laxmangarh and head straight to the Nadine Le Prince Haveli in Fatehpur (far side of town). Spend some time there and then the Saraf and Singhania havelis. This should not take more than 2hours and you'll know all there is to know about the havelis of Shekhawati.

You can go through my trip report from Dec16:
Shekhawati Havelis
#4 Apr 5th, 2017, 13:52
Join Date:
May 2016
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
24
  • shreya ghosh is offline
#4
Hi Kapil,

Thank you for your response . Could you please suggest best desert camp in Sam dunes ?

Regards,

Shreya
#5 Apr 6th, 2017, 16:07
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
Mumbai - Pune - ?
Posts:
916
  • kapilankar is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya ghosh View Post desert camp in Sam dunes ?
Not been there yet.
#6 Apr 6th, 2017, 16:10
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
28,823
  • aarosh is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya ghosh View Post Hi Kapil,

Could you please suggest best desert camp in Sam dunes ?
Sam tends to be crowded. An option could be Khuri. Look for Badal Singh's number in this forum.
#7 Apr 6th, 2017, 16:57
Join Date:
Nov 2012
Location:
Cochin/Bengaluru, India
Posts:
71
  • nachikethas is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarosh View Post Sam tends to be crowded. An option could be Khuri. Look for Badal Singh's number in this forum.
Yes totally agree with this. At Badal sighs house you get a wonderful camel safari and desert camping under the starry sky just for 600 Rs person ! Try this no +91 8107339097
#8 Apr 29th, 2017, 13:24
Join Date:
Jul 2011
Location:
Surat, Gujarat, India
Posts:
39
  • dipak58 is offline
#8
While going from Ranakpur to Udaipur, you can cover Kumbhal garh fort also. It may delay your reaching Udaipur to late evening, but would be a good site worth visiting enroute.
#9 Jul 16th, 2017, 12:21
Join Date:
Jun 2008
Location:
Surat
Posts:
3
  • deep bhatt is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya ghosh View Post Hi All,

We are planning to a trip to Rajasthan for 9N/10D in the mid of Oct this year .

we would like to start our tour from Jaipur and flyout from Jodhour or Udaipur.

Received the below itinerary :

Day 1 Arrive Jaipur. Sightseeing and night in Jaipur]
Day2 - Jaipur.
Day 3- Drive to Shekhawati . Sightseeing and night at Shekhawati.
Day4 - Morning drive to Bikaner. Sightseeing and night in Bikaner
Day5 - Morning drive to Jaisalmer. Night in Jaisalmer
Day6 - In Jaisalmer. Explore the fort and the town. Night in Jaisalmer
Day7 - Morning drive to Jodhpur. Afternoon visit Mehrangarh Fort. Night at Jodhpur.
Day8 - Morning drive to Ranakpur. Visit Ranakpur. Later drive to Udaipur. Night at Udaipur
Day9 - Udaipur sightseeing . Eklingji & Nagda Temples. Afternoon boat ride on the lake. Night at Udaipur.
Day10 - Depart Udaipur

Questions :

1> Is it a hectic Itinerary ?
2> In case I want to add Tanot and longewala then do we need to stay in Jailsalmer for 3 nights ?
3> How should the Itinerary be if we want to fly out of Jodhpur?


Regards,

Shreya

Hi Shreya.. Hope you have finalized your plans..

We are a group of 6 (2 couples and 2 children) planning to travel in Mid November 2017.
Day 1 Arrive Jaipur from Surat by Garibrath. Sightseeing and night in Jaipur
Day2 Sightseeing in Jaipur. Late night depart to Jaisalmer by train.
Day 3- Reach Jaisalmer by 12 noon. After lunch depart to Khuri.. will contact Badal singh(thanks to indiamikers for contact number..)Night stay at khuri.
Day4 - Morning back to Jaisalmer. Explore the fort and the town. Night in Jaisalmer
Day5 Time for rest/Shopping.. After noon leave for Jodhpu.(Mode of travelling and Time is yet to be decided..)
Day6 At jodhpur. Visit Mehrangarh fort,Jaswant thada,Umaid bhavan and return. Evenig free for rest/shopping.
Day7 - Morning drive to Ranakpur. Visit Ranakpur. Later drive to Udaipur via Kumbhalgarh. Night at Udaipur.(Will hire Car for this day)
Day8 Drive to Chittorgarh and return Udaipur. Night stay at Udaipur. .(Will hire Car for this day too)
Day9 - Udaipur sightseeing .
Day10 - Depart Udaipur for Surat.

Some of the doubts are..
1. Is the itinerary hectic(Keeping in mind we are travelling with kids)??
2. I am still in search of good hotels with medium budget. If anyone has idea pls share about the options for accommodation.
3. I have heard that 2 wheeler can be hired for local sightseeing in Jaipur, Jaisalmer. Am I right?? If yes this can be a cheaper option for local travel against hiring a car.
#10 Sep 12th, 2017, 13:39
Join Date:
May 2016
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
24
  • shreya ghosh is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep bhatt View Post Hi Shreya.. Hope you have finalized your plans..

We are a group of 6 (2 couples and 2 children) planning to travel in Mid November 2017.
Day 1 Arrive Jaipur from Surat by Garibrath. Sightseeing and night in Jaipur
Day2 Sightseeing in Jaipur. Late night depart to Jaisalmer by train.
Day 3- Reach Jaisalmer by 12 noon. After lunch depart to Khuri.. will contact Badal singh(thanks to indiamikers for contact number..)Night stay at khuri.
Day4 - Morning back to Jaisalmer. Explore the fort and the town. Night in Jaisalmer
Day5 Time for rest/Shopping.. After noon leave for Jodhpu.(Mode of travelling and Time is yet to be decided..)
Day6 At jodhpur. Visit Mehrangarh fort,Jaswant thada,Umaid bhavan and return. Evenig free for rest/shopping.
Day7 - Morning drive to Ranakpur. Visit Ranakpur. Later drive to Udaipur via Kumbhalgarh. Night at Udaipur.(Will hire Car for this day)
Day8 Drive to Chittorgarh and return Udaipur. Night stay at Udaipur. .(Will hire Car for this day too)
Day9 - Udaipur sightseeing .
Day10 - Depart Udaipur for Surat.

Please find me reply in blue
Some of the doubts are..
1.Is the itinerary hectic(Keeping in mind we are travelling with kids)??-- I think it is very hectic , you are hardly spending any time in Udaipur.
2. I am still in search of good hotels with medium budget.-- If anyone has idea pls share about the options for accommodation. Please check this forum / any other travel site and you can choose according to budget after reading the reviews.
3. I have heard that 2 wheeler can be hired for local sightseeing in Jaipur, Jaisalmer. Am I right?? If yes this can be a cheaper option for local travel against hiring a car.
-- I think Hiring car would be better option since you have kids with you . In Udaipur you can hire Auto as the lanes are very narrow , thats what I heard .



I am travelling this month end to Rajasthan , will be able to give you more first hand experience once I am back .

Regards,

Shreya
#11 Sep 13th, 2017, 11:53
Sukumar Manna (Chala jata hun kisi ki dhun mein)
Join Date:
Feb 2014
Location:
KOLKATA
Posts:
41
  • travelmanna is offline
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya ghosh View Post Hi All,

We are planning to a trip to Rajasthan for 9N/10D in the mid of Oct this year .

we would like to start our tour from Jaipur and flyout from Jodhour or Udaipur.

Received the below itinerary :

Day 1 Arrive Jaipur. Sightseeing and night in Jaipur]
Day2 - Jaipur.
Day 3- Drive to Shekhawati . Sightseeing and night at Shekhawati.
Day4 - Morning drive to Bikaner. Sightseeing and night in Bikaner
Day5 - Morning drive to Jaisalmer. Night in Jaisalmer
Day6 - In Jaisalmer. Explore the fort and the town. Night in Jaisalmer
Day7 - Morning drive to Jodhpur. Afternoon visit Mehrangarh Fort. Night at Jodhpur.
Day8 - Morning drive to Ranakpur. Visit Ranakpur. Later drive to Udaipur. Night at Udaipur
Day9 - Udaipur sightseeing . Eklingji & Nagda Temples. Afternoon boat ride on the lake. Night at Udaipur.
Day10 - Depart Udaipur

Questions :

1> Is it a hectic Itinerary ?
2> In case I want to add Tanot and longewala then do we need to stay in Jailsalmer for 3 nights ?
3> How should the Itinerary be if we want to fly out of Jodhpur?


Regards,

Shreya
Dear Mam,

1> It seems not too hectic.

2> Tanot & Longewala, both are at a distance of almost 120 km from Jaisalmer towards the Pak border. Definitely, you need to stay one more day in Jaisalmer if want to add.

3> For me, it is is difficult to set the itinerary if you want to fly out from Jodhpur.
#12 Sep 13th, 2017, 19:42
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
In the land of awesomeness
Posts:
28,823
  • aarosh is offline
#12
Jaipur Arya Niwas
Jaisalmer Desert Moon / Boys guest house
Jodhpur Durag Niwas
Udaipur Mewar Haveli.

If you hire a two wheeler you would need 2. Not sure if it would be comfortable with a child. If you hire a car then it would be comfortable for the adults as well as the kids.
#13 Sep 15th, 2017, 00:37
Join Date:
Jun 2008
Location:
Surat
Posts:
3
  • deep bhatt is offline
#13
All suggestions noted.Thanks for reply.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Andaman trip Planning 2017 Nov 14th, 2016 15:14 0 903 Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Planning a trip to Lakshadweep in Oct 2010 Jul 15th, 2010 17:26 9 5648 Other Areas
Planning a trip in early OCT- Need help Oct 20th, 2009 16:28 9 1411 Himachal Pradesh


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2017
Page Load Success