- About theyyamdancer
- About Me
- English female married to a Greek guy; lived in Paris for 25 years. Have visited India six times.
- Yoga, Modern Dance and choreography, swimming, reading, cooking, cinema, learning Bengali, travelling, Qi Gong.
- Favorite Quote
- Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose (the more things change, the more they stay the same).
- Guilty Pleasure
- Talking to our cats.
- Favorite Movies
- Too many to list. But has to include Satyajit Ray's "Charulata" and his "Days and Nights in the Forest"; as well as the films of Mrinal Sen and Ritwik Ghatak. Apart from Tollywood films, I am a fan of Roman Polanski, Werner Herzog, Martin Scorsese, Jane Campion, Sally Potter, Hal Hartley, Jim Jarmusch and Pan Nalin, amongst other directors.
- Favorite Music
- Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Merengue, the Stones, Handel, Purcell, Bach, Tinariwen, Mali music, Chopin, Ross Daly, Pearl Jam, Patti Smith, Neil Young, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Leonard Cohen.
- Favorite Books
- Vikram Seth, Rohinton Mistry, Amitav Ghosh, Amit Chaudhuri, Jhumpa Lahiri, E.M. Forster, Thomas Hardy, Paul Theroux, John Le Carre, Michael Dibdin, Lionel Shriver, Pankaj Mishra, to name but a few of the authors I admire.
- Favorite Television Programs
- Old British comedies (Fawlty Towers, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Not the 9 o'Clock News, Blackadder); Greek satire (Ellinofrenia); Prime Suspect; anything about travel with Michael Palin or Michael Wood; Richard Attenborough documentaries; M.A.S.H.