- About dillichaat
- Varies, currently in D.C.
- About Me
- Lived and worked as an expat in India (Delhi) from 08.2008-08.2014. A love/hate thing while I was there, the Indians will understand, the others should visit and knowledge will come. Looking back after having left India the love is stronger than the hate and I'm planning a trip back to the searing Delhi heat, the arguments with auto-wallahs and smoking a cigarette while shooting the crap over some chai with the shopkeepers close to khanna market.
- Reading, architecture & design, playing with money, travel and generally enjoying life, looking for maximum yield with minimum effort ;-)
- Designing legislation and trying to implement it
- Guilty Pleasure
- No guilt here but I guess my fondness of superlative food, a drop of Lagavulin 16 YO whisky, 3 good quality cigars/week and occasionally opening the throttle full blast on a high-powered motorcycle (not in India though) would qualify for the purists
- Favorite Movies
- Lost in translation, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Schindler's list, Memento, The hurt locker, Das Weisse Band, True Grit.
- Favorite Music
- From Bach, Haydn to Placebo, I enjoy many styles, only stay away from heavy metal and pure electro.
- Favorite Books
- The wealth of nations (Smith), The decline and fall of the roman empire (Gibbon), Twilight in Delhi (Ahmed Ali), City of Djinns (Dalrymple).....but also pulp paperbacks when taking a long flight.
- Favorite Television Programs
- Carnivāle, Breaking Bad, The wire, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, West Wing.
- "It is preferable to have a criminal for a servant rather than a fool because a criminal's actions are predictable and you can protect yourself against them, whereas there is no telling what a fool's next move will be.