MP tour iteniary in September 2017

#1 Mar 20th, 2017, 20:01
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Kolkata, India
Posts:
46
  • AYAN MUKHERJEE is offline
#1
Hi Everyone,

Date :- 20th March 2017.

Hope that everyone is keeping well.

We are planning to tour Madhya Pradesh during September 24th, 2017 to 30th September 2017. My friends family consists of 2 members (Husband and wife) and my Family is 3 (Me, my wife and my 8 year old son).

We would like to start on 23rd Sept 2017 from Kolkata. Our tour spots would likely be Bandhav National park, Amarkantak , Khajuraho primarily and if time persists, then may be one place more (any where nearby).

Can any one please suggests a tour iteniary for the locations?

I shall be highly obliged.

With thanks in advance and regards,

Ayan Mukherjee
Ayan Mukherjee
#2 Mar 20th, 2017, 22:57
Join Date:
Jul 2005
Location:
Netherlands
Posts:
4,011
  • vonkla is offline
#2
The nearest railhead for Amarkantak is Pendra Road. There is a weekly direct train from Kolkata but that runs on Sunday, while September 23 is a Saturday.
Another option is to take a train to Bilaspur and from there proceed to Amarkantak.

From Pendra road there are several trains to Umaria from where you can visit Bandhavgarh.
For Khajuraho take the train to Satna and a bus from there to Khajuraho.

To return to Kolkata go back to Satna from where a daily train leaves for Kolkata.
A second option is to travel from Khajuraho to Mahoba and take a train from there.
This train doesn't runs every day, see erail. But this option gives you the opportunity to visit Chitrakootdham.
#3 Mar 21st, 2017, 16:17
Join Date:
Jun 2004
Location:
Southern Pariah Islands
Posts:
1,193
  • old india hand is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAN MUKHERJEE View Post Hi Everyone,

September 24th, 2017 to 30th September 2017.



In reverse direction .. Pendra Road to Calcutta train runs on Saturday 30 September.
#4 Mar 21st, 2017, 16:25
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
5,830
  • arupratan ghosh is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAN MUKHERJEE View Post Hi Everyone,

We are planning to tour Madhya Pradesh during September 24th, 2017 to 30th September 2017. My friends family consists of 2 members (Husband and wife) and my Family is 3 (Me, my wife and my 8 year old son).

Our tour spots would likely be Bandhav National park, Amarkantak , Khajuraho primarily and if time persists, then may be one place more (any where nearby).
Bandhavgarh remains closed in September. It is open for tourists from 15th Oct to 30th June.
#5 Mar 26th, 2017, 21:43
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Kolkata, India
Posts:
46
  • AYAN MUKHERJEE is offline
#5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonkla View Post The nearest railhead for Amarkantak is Pendra Road. There is a weekly direct train from Kolkata but that runs on Sunday, while September 23 is a Saturday.
Another option is to take a train to Bilaspur and from there proceed to Amarkantak.

From Pendra road there are several trains to Umaria from where you can visit Bandhavgarh.
For Khajuraho take the train to Satna and a bus from there to Khajuraho.

To return to Kolkata go back to Satna from where a daily train leaves for Kolkata.
A second option is to travel from Khajuraho to Mahoba and take a train from there.
This train doesn't runs every day, see erail. But this option gives you the opportunity to visit Chitrakootdham.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old india hand View Post In reverse direction .. Pendra Road to Calcutta train runs on Saturday 30 September.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arupratan ghosh View Post Bandhavgarh remains closed in September. It is open for tourists from 15th Oct to 30th June.
Well, if that is the case, then we have to think for re scheduling the tour. Anyway, thanks for the information.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Desperately looking for Travel partner for Sikim/Bhutan tour in April,2017 Mar 15th, 2017 01:07 6 460 India Travel Partners
Spiti tour itinerary for the month of end May 2017 Mar 13th, 2017 09:54 1 306 India Travel Itinerary Advice
Kerala Tour in June 2017 - 5 Days tour Mar 12th, 2017 19:54 9 561 Kerala
Advice on iteniary Aug 30th, 2014 21:10 7 967 Himachal Pradesh


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2017
Page Load Success