Snow in Kashmir During Early May...

#1 Jan 19th, 2010, 09:06
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
iNDIA
Posts:
53
Send a message via Skype™ to davetejas4
  • davetejas4 is offline
#1
We are planning to visit Kashmir this summer vacation. I wonder wehter we will be able to see the snow anywhere or not. If anybody has any idea their knowledge will be good for us.

How deep we will have to go to see the snow ? As per our itinerary we are going to Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Pahelgam. Is there any place missing in our list?

Thanks all.
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:48..
#2 Jan 19th, 2010, 09:11
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
iNDIA
Posts:
53
Send a message via Skype™ to davetejas4
  • davetejas4 is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetejas4 View Post We are planning to visit Kashmir this summer vacation. I wonder wehter we will be able to see the snow anywhere or not. If anybody has any idea their knowledge will be good for us.

How deep we will have to go to see the snow ? As per our itinerary we are going to Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Pahelgam. Is there any place missing in our list?

Thanks all.
______________________________ ____________________________
You cannot shake hands
with a clenched fist.
(Mahatma Gandhi)
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:47..
#3 Jan 19th, 2010, 23:03
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
34
  • mir4u is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetejas4 View Post We are planning to visit Kashmir this summer vacation. I wonder wehter we will be able to see the snow anywhere or not. If anybody has any idea their knowledge will be good for us.

How deep we will have to go to see the snow ? As per our itinerary we are going to Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Pahelgam. Is there any place missing in our list?

Thanks all.
Hello dear, i would be more than happy if you can either prepone or postpone your plans a bit if possible, bcoz May is little dull month and more of rainy season kind there.
As far as Snow in the month of May. don't worry u need not to go so deep but just a bit upper reaches to see the snow. You will get to see the snow in Gulmarg and Sonmarg(as per your itinerary). In Gulmarg you can have a Gandola cable car ride which will take you to upper reaches of Gulmarg where you can see ample snow.
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:47..
#4 Jan 20th, 2010, 07:45
Join Date:
Nov 2008
Location:
srinagar
Posts:
1,514
  • sunnykashmir is offline
#4
you can see snow in pahalgam also at chandanwari but i feel may is the best month to visit kashmir as the weather is pleasant and lots of tourists also
#5 Jan 20th, 2010, 09:04
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
iNDIA
Posts:
53
Send a message via Skype™ to davetejas4
  • davetejas4 is offline
#5
Thanks alot everybody for helping me...
I am trying to prepone my program a week to last week of april say about 27th april. Just trying to do according to your advice. Once again thanks alot.
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:43..
#6 Jan 20th, 2010, 09:47
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
iNDIA
Posts:
53
Send a message via Skype™ to davetejas4
  • davetejas4 is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetejas4 View Post Thanks alot everybody for helping me...
I am trying to prepone my program a week to last week of april say about 27th april. Just trying to do according to your advice. Once again thanks alot.
The pessimist sees
difficulty in every
opportunity. The optimist
sees opportunity in
every difficulty.
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:45..
#7 Jan 20th, 2010, 23:43
Join Date:
Dec 2007
Location:
pune
Posts:
2,521
  • ashwinnaagar is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir4u View Post Hello dear, i would be more than happy if you can either prepone or postpone your plans a bit if possible, bcoz May is little dull month and more of rainy season kind there.
As far as Snow in the month of May. don't worry u need not to go so deep but just a bit upper reaches to see the snow. You will get to see the snow in Gulmarg and Sonmarg(as per your itinerary). In Gulmarg you can have a Gandola cable car ride which will take you to upper reaches of Gulmarg where you can see ample snow.
Are the skies less cloudy in april or may or is there less rain? Because i remember when we were in june we got clear weather for most days.
#8 Jan 21st, 2010, 01:36
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
34
  • mir4u is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinnaagar View Post Are the skies less cloudy in april or may or is there less rain? Because i remember when we were in june we got clear weather for most days.
Ashwin, May is end of Winder and beginning of summer season there and as far as i know May is of more rains (with no snow) than other months. That is what i have found since my childhood...
#9 Jan 21st, 2010, 01:38
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
34
  • mir4u is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetejas4 View Post Thanks alot everybody for helping me...
I am trying to prepone my program a week to last week of april say about 27th april. Just trying to do according to your advice. Once again thanks alot.
Good decision Deve...
Let me know if you have any more queries...
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:45..
#10 Jan 21st, 2010, 19:23
Join Date:
Dec 2007
Location:
pune
Posts:
2,521
  • ashwinnaagar is offline
#10
Does it snow in march or april in sonamarg and gulmarg?
Also do tell us about yusmarg.
Thanks..
#11 Jan 22nd, 2010, 00:48
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
34
  • mir4u is offline
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinnaagar View Post Does it snow in march or april in sonamarg and gulmarg?
Also do tell us about yusmarg.
Thanks..
March for sure , in April very rare and mostly on higher reaches of Gulmarg and sonmarg.
Yusmarg is very nice and awesome place, bit far from srinagar and a summer tourist spot. In winter you cannot find any facilities in yusmarg
#12 Jan 22nd, 2010, 01:08
Join Date:
Aug 2005
Location:
India
Posts:
1,084
  • anar is offline
#12
snow in may will be yucky and muddy - who wants that? kashmir in may was stunningly beautiful last year during my visit. no reason why it won't be the same this year. forget the snow, just enjoy the beauty of the place as you find it.
#13 Jan 22nd, 2010, 16:38
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
iNDIA
Posts:
53
Send a message via Skype™ to davetejas4
  • davetejas4 is offline
#13

Question Transport Cost.......

We don't want to hire private vehicle from right Jammu,if we can reach Srinagar by state transport comfortably it will be more economic as well as safe. After reaching Srinagar We plan to hire taxi for round off for Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam etc.(more places if anybody knows are welcomed)
If anybody has any idea it will be very very helpful. Our plan to visit is in Late April or Early May 2010, around for 10 to 11 days
What can be the cost of the sumo for this plan.

Your reply



______________________________ ______________________________ _____
"The difference between
genius and stupidity is that
genius has its limits."
(Dave Tejas)
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:46..
#14 Jan 23rd, 2010, 00:30
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
34
  • mir4u is offline
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by anar View Post snow in may will be yucky and muddy - who wants that? kashmir in may was stunningly beautiful last year during my visit. no reason why it won't be the same this year. forget the snow, just enjoy the beauty of the place as you find it.
You are very True, in may its hard to find fresh falling snow as you can see in feb n march , but if you want to enjoy summer and other beautiful places that you can enjoy nicely in may (especially may ending)...
#15 Jan 23rd, 2010, 00:37
Join Date:
Jan 2010
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
34
  • mir4u is offline
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetejas4 View Post Thanks alot everybody for helping me...
I am trying to prepone my program a week to last week of april say about 27th april. Just trying to do according to your advice. Once again thanks alot.
.......
Last edited by Forum Leader; Feb 8th, 2010 at 15:44..

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success