Buying flight ticket in Goa: Goa (GOI) to London (LHR) One-way

#1 Aug 13th, 2007, 00:25
Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
London, England
Posts:
40
  • Tobias is offline
#1
How easy is it to buy a flight ticket from Goa to the UK (London Heathrow)? Are there plenty of agencies scattered around?

I'm planning to travel to Goa in October and would much prefer to buy a single ticket there, thus not committing to any return date and keeping my plans flexible. Jet Airways seems to offer a decent single ticket to Goa in early October at just over 350.

Please share your experience and knowledge (contacts?) of picking up cheap one way flights back to London on location in Goa.
#2 Aug 13th, 2007, 01:02
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Location:
Missing, see bottom of post
Posts:
15,706
  • steven_ber is offline
#2
I wouldn't call £350 a good price, I'd expect to get LHR-BOM return for less.

Search for LHR - BOM, then take a flight or train to Goa.

The Jet flight will involve a change somewhere.
.
SOS: Missing Person...

Please look at this thread, even if you are not in India.: Have you seen Jonathan Spollen?

He could be anywhere now: You might have met him, be able to help, or give information.
#3 Aug 13th, 2007, 01:14
Join Date:
May 2007
Location:
New Delhi, India
Posts:
7,695
  • shashank.aggarwal is offline
#3
I guess last time I heard..fixed tickets for Delhi-London-Delhi were around Rs.30-32k..i.e. around 400 pounds...

So 1 way ticket for 350 pounds sound expensive to me..even though I don't have any knowledge regarding the prices on the route..
Food Enthusiasts of Delhi

Follow us on Facebook for latest Updates -> Eatlo

Travelogue - Around India
#4 Aug 13th, 2007, 09:41
Join Date:
Sep 2006
Location:
india
Posts:
31
Send a message via MSN to malcolmgrundy
  • malcolmgrundy is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post How easy is it to buy a flight ticket from Goa to the UK (London Heathrow)? Are there plenty of agencies scattered around?

I'm planning to travel to Goa in October and would much prefer to buy a single ticket there, thus not committing to any return date and keeping my plans flexible. Jet Airways seems to offer a decent single ticket to Goa in early October at just over 350.

Please share your experience and knowledge (contacts?) of picking up cheap one way flights back to London on location in Goa.
Hi there

you will have no problems getting a flight to uk but you will have to travel via bombay although there are some flights via columbo which include a nights hotel there that often work out cheaper than going via bombay but dont forget to shop around a bit.

All the best in your travels
Malcolm and Jenny
#5 Aug 13th, 2007, 11:29
Join Date:
Aug 2004
Location:
Goa
Posts:
3,120
  • goangoangone is offline
#5

Lightbulb SriLankan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmgrundy View Post Hi there

you will have no problems getting a flight to uk but you will have to travel via bombay although there are some flights via columbo which include a nights hotel there that often work out cheaper than going via bombay but dont forget to shop around a bit.

All the best in your travels
Malcolm and Jenny
SriLankan fly out of Goa via Colombo with an overnight stop in a 4 star hotel then to LHR.
http://bookings.srilankan.aero/requirements.asp

GoanGoan......here & there
#6 Aug 13th, 2007, 18:08
Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
London, England
Posts:
40
  • Tobias is offline
#6
Thanks guys. Do you mean that, in the case of the Columbo flight, the overnight stay at the hotel is included in the air fare!?
#7 Aug 20th, 2007, 18:23
Join Date:
Aug 2005
Location:
Henley-on-Thames
Posts:
688
  • patti123 is offline
#7
Why dont you get a flight with a 6 month open ticket ? Jet Airways has tickets for about £360 return to Bombay,then just get a 1 way domestic flight to Goa about £25 .
#8 Aug 20th, 2007, 19:05
Join Date:
Aug 2007
Location:
USA/MUMBAI( BOMBAY)
Posts:
5
  • NEABENNETT is offline
#8

visa before flight booking?

Is it true that you cant book until you have your visa stamped? In that case an instant ticket is usually pretty high priced.
from experience, if you know different please share.
thanks
#9 Aug 20th, 2007, 20:01
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
you essay
Posts:
2,682
  • ananda2193 is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEABENNETT View Post Is it true that you cant book until you have your visa stamped? In that case an instant ticket is usually pretty high priced.
from experience, if you know different please share.
thanks

No, it's not true. I always got my ticket before my visa.
#10 Aug 21st, 2007, 09:57
Join Date:
Aug 2004
Location:
Goa
Posts:
3,120
  • goangoangone is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post Thanks guys. Do you mean that, in the case of the Columbo flight, the overnight stay at the hotel is included in the air fare!?
Yes. Free food and room. If you want a drink just use bars/restaurants outside the hotel. Much cheaper.



Just a thought, SriLankan flights I've booked in Goa allow 1 free change. Just get a long dated ticket.
#11 Aug 25th, 2007, 03:14
Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
London, England
Posts:
40
  • Tobias is offline
#11
Thanks! I will look into this and let you all know what I found, need to book this ticket in the next few days. Very exciting!!
#12 Aug 25th, 2007, 06:06
Join Date:
Jan 2007
Location:
Australia
Posts:
56
  • Piscesman is offline
#12
I wouldn't buy an int. airticket in Goa from an agency, full stop. A cheap flight from Dabolim to Mumbai, maybe you'll find that, but otherwise you're dealing with sharks.
"I work for what I believe in. Everything else is labour."
#13 Aug 25th, 2007, 22:02
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
you essay
Posts:
2,682
  • ananda2193 is offline
#13
I knew someone who got a ticket in Margao from Goa to Europe for $300 u..s. a few years ago. They wanted $500 in Palolem.
#14 Aug 27th, 2007, 05:22
Join Date:
Mar 2006
Location:
London, England
Posts:
40
  • Tobias is offline
#14

Thumbs up Tickets bought!

In the end I decided to do the "sensible thing" and go for a return ticket. This seemed a cheap and easy option and I think found a fairly low price as well; 339 incl. all taxes flying Virgin Atlantic between London Heathrow [LHR] and Mumbai [BOM] at very reasonable hours of the day. Thanks again for all the advice!

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
London - Goa ( Adaptor) Jun 25th, 2009 00:59 7 5591 Electronics in India
flights london/mumbai /goa/london Jun 13th, 2007 09:29 16 3213 International India Flights
One Way Ticket FROM GOA to LONDON Nov 21st, 2006 21:34 2 1085 International India Flights
London -Goa one way. Sep 7th, 2005 03:31 13 2102 Domestic India Flights
Best way to move posessions London to Goa? Feb 13th, 2005 18:47 6 1247 India Expat Area


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success